Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

13 hours ago, Roel94 said:

i ruin his day telling him he was wrong and not listening to me.and brought me my normsl breakfast not just a latte at 10. 

Really. Christmas Day in particular you should not ruin someone’s day far less broadcast it. Actually on a ship I don’t think there’s any valid reason to ruin a crew member’s day any day. 
Take a chill pill, these people are far from their families and loved ones so it’s a tough day for them. 
Bringing the wrong breakfast is a trivial thing. 
In the words of Frozen - let it go let it go

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Really. Christmas Day in particular you should not ruin someone’s day far less broadcast it. Actually on a ship I don’t think there’s any valid reason to ruin a crew member’s day any day. 
Take a chill pill, these people are far from their families and loved ones so it’s a tough day for them. 
Bringing the wrong breakfast is a trivial thing. 
In the words of Frozen - let it go let it go

Totally agree. It's a horrid attitude to have at Christmas. Well any time actually. Makes me shske my head that people speak like that to the crew. 

Phil 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Roel94 said:

We had a brunch but my butler did not follow breakfast card orders to walke. With time change I barely madeit.

i ruin his day telling him he was wrong and not listening to me.and brought me my normsl breakfast not just a latte at 10. Made it about noon and wondered where music was.

all we had Cmas eve was carols at 17:15 ..Cmas show tonight  late.even the gingerbread houses not as good as Quests.we have less space but it like something missing.

Badly done.  I hope you'll apologize.

• Like 11

Christmas dinner last night was quite nice in discoveries.  (Better than the night before)  And I always love the sing a long that we did in Christmas Eve.  After the Christmas show last night, there was hot chocolate and rum in glasses with sprinkles on the rim and a table of Christmas treats and wait staff with canapés in the shop/mosaic area.   In our rooms were a few Christmas cookies added to the plate with the little treats they leave at night.  No christmas ornament this year.    We just docked in st Thomas with crystal serenity coming on right behind us.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

There is a Hampton Inn being built right next to where our ship is docked in havensight . This is where that abandoned Senior Frogs was for a long time as far as I can tell.    Seems like such a strange location-  literally along side the ships!

St Thomas was nice today. Very hot in the morning.  We took an open air taxi to down town for $6 each because we wanted to walk up the 99 steps.  We explored up at the top and some nice views.  The Norwegian ship parked with us could consume the onward whole!   We enjoyed walking around seeing some different things than from

past trips.   The ship is pretty quiet this afternoon and we are enjoying that. We sail at 6pm for St Maartin.  Azamazing evening will be there. IMG_6831.thumb.jpeg.951751cf876e210541964d99b4de6ba9.jpeg

IMG_6845.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, tgg said:

Ok Allison, I give up. 😄 Still haven't seen you.  We're in 7049. Please leave a note and get in touch.

My dad and I will be in the living room

Between 5:15 and 6. My dad is the one Chinese passenger in the ship that we have seen!   We are hanging out with some aussies.  Say hi!

On 12/25/2023 at 12:51 PM, takemewithyou said:

Maybe join us next year on Journey?! Would love to see you! 

It may be a poor substitute, but I'll happily wave in the direction of oncoming passengers as I disembark the Journey on 22 December, 2024. 

👋

• Like 1

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Totally agree. It's a horrid attitude to have at Christmas. Well any time actually. Makes me shske my head that people speak like that to the crew. 

Phil 

We currently have the same butler and can say he’s the nicest guy going and is looking after us extremely well.

• Like 18

15 hours ago, Riocca said:

We currently have the same butler and can say he’s the nicest guy going and is looking after us extremely well.

I’m very sure he is and hopefully he has the counterbalance of many guests like you. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Incidentally there’s currently no F&B Manager onboard Onward, there is a back story but unable to repeat it on here. 
I would like to think that they will correct this before the World Cruise starts on the 6th January.

They will but Tatiana will be leaving and not benefit from his/her presence.  She's gone quite awhile without a F&B manager.

• Like 2

Poor Tatiana will be so tired. I remember a few years ago on a long voyage Elisabeth had no F and B. There are so many responsibilities that the two roles have doing it with one person is only a very short term solution regardless of who determines the menus. It’s another pair of management hands.
 I like that consistency of head office control of menus  at “special meals time”. I also now favour more strict control of individual recipes. Two other lines I’ve travelled on recently had head office controlled menus and recipes and it really worked Having been on two different ships it was great I  can order X on the second voyage knowing it would look and taste virtually the same as the first time. Avoids chefs going “rogue” particularly with spices and makes controlled use of allergens. That didn’t happen on Azamara with a very close shave for us!

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

Just now, PAtravelbug said:

Daniel says that Iwan will come on on Jan 5.   Food and beverage manager.  I have missed him.  He was all over the ship last year and lovely. 

Thank you so much for letting us know.  We were really really hoping Iwan would be the F&B on the WC.  

• Like 3

We are approaching Guadeloupe now. New for me!   It beautiful outside today.  

azamazing evening was last night in st Maartin.   We watched 4 other big ships leave leaving us behind.  Getting off the ship was very organized and we were greeted by the officers, stilt walkers who were kids and , a high school drum group.  Just off the pier we were greeted with water and rum punch and island treats on tables- With a woman in the middle with the tablecloth looking like her skirt - hard to explain.  Conch fritters, swordfish fitters, guava tart.  All nice.  There was a steel drum band playing for the first 40 minutes or so   then the high school drummers came up front and did a bit. Then the captain spoke and the CEO of the port (10 year anniversary of azamazing evenings). The main act was not at all as described.  It was much better! In my opinion.   Female lead singer.  French. Amazing guitarist and a saxophone player. They did some familiar tunes , some French, a song in Papiamento- a gorgeous La Vie en Rose.  Some young dancers appeared from time to time well choreographed and organized.   It was well done and entertaining.   Back to the ship with champagne and juice on the pier, the band and then snacks in windows.  American junk foods , sushi, fruit, sandwiches and dessert.  We made a quiet exit from. St Maartin with a full moon (one day past) over head. 

IMG_6955.jpeg

IMG_6964.jpeg

IMG_6971.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Guadeloupe we were there a few weeks ago and did a wonderful Death in Paradise tour - even saw "Neville".  Last night we sat and watched the Christmas show, it was amazing to see now how much is filmed there with nothing changed and not on sets.

We absolutely loved that Azamazing Evening in St Maarten last year- it was so much fun. One of the better ones, nothing to complain about there for us, but we are not picky

Enjoy today

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, uktog said:

Guadeloupe we were there a few weeks ago and did a wonderful Death in Paradise tour - even saw "Neville".  Last night we sat and watched the Christmas show, it was amazing to see now how much is filmed there with nothing changed and not on sets.

We absolutely loved that Azamazing Evening in St Maarten last year- it was so much fun. One of the better ones, nothing to complain about there for us, but we are not picky

Enjoy today

We watched the first few seasons of death in paradise and are looking forward to seeing the locations!   It’s been a stunning approach to the island.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PAtravelbug said:

We are approaching Guadeloupe now. New for me!   It beautiful outside today.  

azamazing evening was last night in st Maartin.   We watched 4 other big ships leave leaving us behind.  Getting off the ship was very organized and we were greeted by the officers, stilt walkers who were kids and , a high school drum group.  Just off the pier we were greeted with water and rum punch and island treats on tables- With a woman in the middle with the tablecloth looking like her skirt - hard to explain.  Conch fritters, swordfish fitters, guava tart.  All nice.  There was a steel drum band playing for the first 40 minutes or so   then the high school drummers came up front and did a bit. Then the captain spoke and the CEO of the port (10 year anniversary of azamazing evenings). The main act was not at all as described.  It was much better! In my opinion.   Female lead singer.  French. Amazing guitarist and a saxophone player. They did some familiar tunes , some French, a song in Papiamento- a gorgeous La Vie en Rose.  Some young dancers appeared from time to time well choreographed and organized.   It was well done and entertaining.   Back to the ship with champagne and juice on the pier, the band and then snacks in windows.  American junk foods , sushi, fruit, sandwiches and dessert.  We made a quiet exit from. St Maartin with a full moon (one day past) over head. 

IMG_6955.jpeg

IMG_6964.jpeg

IMG_6971.jpeg

It looks like they changed up the show a bit from last year.  I loved the St Maarten Azamazing evening last year for the convenience of just walking off the ship and walking right to the show….no buses.  The food is a new addition from last year……the lady with her dress had rum punches on her table- skirt.  Were they offering any cocktails this year?  

The Azamazing evening at St Maarten in 2021 was also good. We had three ladies singing Motown and they were brought onboard due to Covid precautions….we were still all wearing masks onboard.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

It looks like they changed up the show a bit from last year.  I loved the St Maarten Azamazing evening last year for the convenience of just walking off the ship and walking right to the show….no buses.  The food is a new addition from last year……the lady with her dress had rum punches on her table- skirt.  Were they offering any cocktails this year?  

The Azamazing evening at St Maarten in 2021 was also good. We had three ladies singing Motown and they were brought onboard due to Covid precautions….we were still all wearing masks onboard.

There were only the rum punches and small bottles of water as far as I saw.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, uktog said:

Enjoy today

Ah ha. Now that is a must for us Brits.

So good I wrote a review....

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2021/01/06/death-in-paradise/

• Like 2