Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

1 hour ago, Cruizer Diana said:

Sorry your swim didn't work out. We visited Fakarava in 2019 and had a wonderful snorkel and picnic. It does get hot, though!

Moorea is so beautiful. Tomorrow we start our third segment in Tahiti. We should be there within the hour and will overnight. Local and buzz around ship there is a cyclone in area next week. We’ll see.

See you next month.

It has been a fantastic cruise. Bruce

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 3:56 PM, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks again, have responded on the 01 March roll call. 

I checked with my Aussie friend.when she went in 2023 yiu did not now you do need visas. She looked on your govt sight.

6 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

We're getting more and more conflicting info!  Sorry to quiz you, but who on the ship told you you don't need the visa for PNG?  Are we able to sight this anywhere in writing?

Not keen to pay out US$50 each if it's not necessary.

Thank you in advance.

If it costs $50, Azamara will charge you if they get it. If you get it yourself, just make sure you tell them as soon as you get onboard so you don’t get charged twice.

15 hours ago, Roel94 said:

It was hot but still below well below 32C.  Only bad near tender ad no cover.

one had to remember beach shoes and to be careful in the islands. I was in the water a good hour.

moorea was great.so lots of sharks and string rays.

Jumping into the water is the best cure for the heat there. We were initially a bit hesitant to swim with the sting rays and especially the sharks. We loved the experience. The black-tips sharks are not dangerous. They seemed very curious and swam around us in swarms. We hope to repeat French Polynesia and swimming with the sharks. 

• Like 1

Many of the World Cruise cumulative trivia teams need players each new segment, since many players are only

on for a few. Only have to have a couple world cruises per team so you should still check it out, there will be teams needing players!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hilo4030 said:

Many of the World Cruise cumulative trivia teams need players each new segment, since many players are only

on for a few. Only have to have a couple world cruises per team so you should still check it out, there will be teams needing players!

Great news!  We're on the 01 March Sydney-HKG segment and are looking forward to joining a trivia team.  It's always good to have some mixed nationalities!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cruizer Diana said:

White Night for Segment #4?

Does anyone know when the White Night will be held for the Auckland-Sydney leg (segment #4)?

Thank you.  Diana

It's not usually known ahead of time as weather plays a big part; it's usually one of the later nights in port though

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruizer Diana said:

Does anyone know when the White Night will be held for the Auckland-Sydney leg (segment #4)?

Thank you.  Diana

Don't know about segment 4 yet, but segment 3 is scheduled for a sea day, February 13. So not necessarily always a port day.

Edited by 2ndsailing

On 2/3/2024 at 10:33 AM, Cruizer Diana said:

Thank you.  Diana

No! Look for a late night somewhere and it could be it. We never know ahead ad also weather involved.

8 hours ago, 2ndsailing said:

Don't know about segment 4 yet, but segment 3 is scheduled for a sea day, February 13. So not necessarily always a port day.

With five sea days in a row no choice.

Due to deteriorating weather there are some itinerary changes on our WorldVoyage. There are two weather systems that have the potential of developing into cyclone’s or tropical storms. We have had mostly rainy conditions for two days and right now at anchor off Bora Bora wind is picking up. We were supposed to overnight here but now we will return to Papeete, Tahiti and wait out the weather there. All subject to change as these systems have been rather unpredictable on where they are headed. Our tours with Patrick were cancelled and frankly it has been a pretty dismal day here.

Feel sorry for the guest on this segment and for those who have never been to this beautiful island in the South Pacific. We stayed aboard. Weather is what it is and we are well aware Mother Nature most likely will effect some ports of call on this 155 day World Voyage. We are on a cruise ship and that is good especially with the great crew onboard.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 6

I went off like many guests.had a nice lunch.picked up,some gifts for crew. The sun did show up but not for long.

we also per Captain might not make it to,Cook Islands. So we mainly are missing snorkeling this cruise.

time for my motion pills. My out door furniture on lockdown.

some even in my cabin.

oh well

23 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

I went off like many guests.had a nice lunch.picked up,some gifts for crew. The sun did show up but not for long.

we also per Captain might not make it to,Cook Islands. So we mainly are missing snorkeling this cruise.

time for my motion pills. My out door furniture on lockdown.

some even in my cabin.

oh well

Hope it's not that bad! 

Onward update. We arrived back In Papeete this morning and will depart at 4:00 PM and will take a southern route straight to Bay Island with no stops along the way so six days at sea. It’s now a named Tropical Storm with possibility of increasing. First few days we will encounter rough seas and high winds.

Feel sorry for folks on this segment as their cruise is mainly an all sea day cruise.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Onward update. We arrived back In Papeete this morning and will depart at 4:00 PM and will take a southern route straight to Bay Island with no stops along the way so six days at sea. It’s now a named Tropical Storm with possibility of increasing. First few days we will encounter rough seas and high winds.

Feel sorry for folks on this segment as their cruise is mainly an all sea day cruise.

Sorry to hear this, I wish you all good luck going through the storm!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Hope it's not that bad! 

Yes it is!

we are missing Cook Island

told to be careful walking about.

we sailed about three hours ago so I am ok.

it will be the next days ad I get motion sick and need fresh air.

next port next week.

8 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Sorry to hear this, I wish you all good luck going through the storm!

Thank you!

I feel for the captain as he just started a few days ago.His wife and niece are here too.

On 2/3/2024 at 12:31 PM, Roel94 said:

Thursday night by the doc officer. As it the only one I have not turned in yet. He said I did not need it.was he wrong no clue.

Hi again.

First of all, do hope you're feeling OK, so sorry you're getting rough weather and will soon be out of it.

I just re-read your post, plus a friend who is also on the 01 March segment with us just rang Azamara in Aus, who are now saying they contacted the Admin Documentation Officer on board the ship, and he said we do not need to get a visa.  And this agrees with what the Documentation Officer told you.  Has to be the same person?

This is getting more complicated than an Indian visa, which is saying a lot!  At least, the Indian one was a nightmare a few years ago, maybe it got easier.

Hoping for smooth seas for you soon 🤞

Edited by cruisingaussies

12 hours ago, aliaschief said:

IMG_0424.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1