CBD on caribbean cruise

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Never mention or implied any organized criminal group. :classic_rolleyes: Now you sound paranoid or dazed and confused. 😵Smoking pot has that effect on some. 😂 Sounds like you now have the munchies. 🍿

Never smoked pot in my life. Do have an official diagnosis of Paranoid personality disorder. Really, really like Cheetoes. Am not now, nor have I ever been a member of organized crime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 2:04 PM, BND said:

Those of us that have been here a while remember the bottomless can story.

LOL!   I was on that cruise.  She was in our roll call and her and hubby that brought on the contraband were thrown off before the ship even left Port Canaveral.  Freedom of the Seas April 2012.  Hard to believe its been almost 10 years.  

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ryano said:

LOL!   I was on that cruise.  She was in our roll call and her and hubby that brought on the contraband were thrown off before the ship even left Port Canaveral.  Freedom of the Seas April 2012.  Hard to believe its been almost 10 years.  

Ok I want the story. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ryano said:

What's wild is her posts on here and the reaction to be so wrongly accused lol.   🤣

Edited by BND
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Me too! I love a good story.

It's been about 10 years so the details are fuzzy, but let's just say it involved a a couple and a bottomless can (like shaving cream or hair spray, but I can't remember exactly).  Since CC has been "upgraded" a couple of times since then I can't go find the original thread which was hysterical.  The only ones that believed their story was them.  She got very defensive and outraged, but they don't throw people off the ship for no reason.  I also vaguely remember the local police being involved.

That year we had a couple of good threads going.  The other one concerned a starfish and a shower.

Edited by BND

1 minute ago, BND said:

It's been about 10 years so the details are fuzzy, but let's just say it involved a a couple and a bottomless can (like shaving cream or hair spray, but I can't remember exactly).  Since CC has been "upgraded" a couple of times since then I can't go find the original thread which was hysterical.  The only ones that believed their story was them.  She got very defensive and outraged, but they don't throw people off the ship for no reason.  I also vaguely remember the local police being involved.

Shall we assume the container contained something that was forbidden?

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Assume away.  We all did.  The woman was kind of vague and dodged questions about it, but maintained that they were wrongly thrown off the ship.  I just wish I had kept a copy of the thread.

1 hour ago, BND said:

That year we had a couple of good threads going.  The other one concerned a starfish and a shower.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

To add to the story, the contraband was hidden in the false bottom of a shaving cream can, and the can was hidden in a bag with snorkeling gear.  She insisted it was only tobacco and acted like it was totally normal to carry tobacco in that manner.  At the time, I lived in South Florida and I happened to know the cops who worked the port.  The substance was a synthetic cannabinoid called "spice."  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

To add to the story, the contraband was hidden in the false bottom of a shaving cream can, and the can was hidden in a bag with snorkeling gear.  She insisted it was only tobacco and acted like it was totally normal to carry tobacco in that manner.  At the time, I lived in South Florida and I happened to know the cops who worked the port.  The substance was a synthetic cannabinoid called "spice."  

People continue to think the rules don't apply to them.

16 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Now I remember that part and I remember you posting on the thread.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

Oh, God, that poor starfish!  And, the roommate didn't know her, they had agreed to split the cabin.  😁

But, more importantly, were the bananas in a bowl near the mustard and ketchup?  

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2021 at 1:04 PM, DCPIV said:

I've never seen officials on board with dogs.  I've often seen them on the pier checking folks getting on or off, but I've never seen them on board.

Been a while but I do remember Dogs on Royal Ship at least once. Once was attached to Unit that was training Dogs, Bomb/Explosives and Drugs. They definitely can find the smallest amounts...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Best option is sailing ports that are pot friendly.  That's pretty fun being free to simply smoke a joint.  I've taken thc pills on board in my meds, and/or vape pens.  They get you through the cruise.  I wouldn't bring loose green on board though. 

48 minutes ago, trey420 said:

Best option is sailing ports that are pot friendly.  That's pretty fun being free to simply smoke a joint.  I've taken thc pills on board in my meds, and/or vape pens.  They get you through the cruise.  I wouldn't bring loose green on board though. 

And, what ports are those?  The Caribbean is notorious for having strict laws. It also doesn't matter if the ports are "friendly".  The ships are not.

• Like 1

Some of you guys need to learn the difference between hemp-derived CBD, which is legal in all 50 states and what the OP was asking about, and medical marijuana. Not saying either are allowed based on RC policies but there are a lot of people in here using the two interchangeably

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 1:04 PM, DCPIV said:

I've never seen officials on board with dogs.  I've often seen them on the pier checking folks getting on or off, but I've never seen them on board.

I have personally seen it on more than one occasion.  Not worth the risk in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BND said:

And, what ports are those?  The Caribbean is notorious for having strict laws. It also doesn't matter if the ports are "friendly".  The ships are not.

You're pretty much sailing west coast and Alaska.  Obviously not hard to get herb in Jamaica but it's not good herb.  Smoked a great pre roll in Alaska couple months ago.  Smoked on a pier looking at majestic princess, then walked on no issues.  Hopefully the islands will start to open up to pot.  It's easy money for them.  If Jamaica was legal and had good weed you could only imagine the parties and festivals.

20210929_193246.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BND said:

There was a dispensary in every town we stopped in in Alaska.  Juneau, Skagway and Sitka. The consumption in public law is really vague and not really enforced.   All you have to be is 21 and have a valid ID and cash.    

Edited by ryano

1 hour ago, trey420 said:

You're pretty much sailing west coast and Alaska.  Obviously not hard to get herb in Jamaica but it's not good herb.  Smoked a great pre roll in Alaska couple months ago.  Smoked on a pier looking at majestic princess, then walked on no issues.  Hopefully the islands will start to open up to pot.  It's easy money for them.  If Jamaica was legal and had good weed you could only imagine the parties and festivals.

20210929_193246.jpg

Lol. 

20210912_160459_HDR.jpg

20210913_124402_HDR.jpg

Edited by ryano
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ramja96 said:

I have personally seen it on more than one occasion.  Not worth the risk in my opinion.

I totally expected to see dogs in Alaska being that its legal there and available for purchase in every port.  I also expected RC security to be tight too being the fact.    There were no dogs (that I saw) and security wasnt tight at all.   I was not about to and never would test it though.   It was at least 900.00 in flight, two stops and 13 hours back to ATL  

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ryano said:

There was a dispensary in every town we stopped in in Alaska.  Juneau, Skagway and Sitka. The consumption in public law is really vague and not really enforced.   All you have to be is 21 and have a valid ID and cash.    

I thought we were talking about foreign ports.  But, it still applies onboard the ship.