Any one on rccl anthem of the sea?

1 hour ago, welshrich said:

Hi, Just had a look at the sheet we brought back with us, yes, definitely Frankie and the Dreamers as they hyped it that the main singer was the Frankie Valli performer for years in Jersey Boys

Yes, the singer was Ryan Molloy, we weren't very keen on the show either.

22 minutes ago, Seb of the Seas said:

I've noticed that the Music Hall doesn't seem to be listed in the bars and lounges section of the Cruise Compass.  I wonder if it's two bars are open?

Activities listed under the entertainment section

^ ^ ^

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes. It is really convenient if you have a cabin on deck six. Very heavy fire door though. 

I can’t even begin to tell you how many hours of videos I’ve watched 😳 on YouTube of run-throughs and extended tours of the Anthem of the Seas, some of them as recent as when she was doing the British Isles this summer. 😁

Edited by matt1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, matt1 said:

^ ^ ^

I can’t even begin to tell you how many hour of videos I’ve watched 😳 on YouTube of run-throughs and extended tours of the Anthem of the Seas, some of them as recent as when she was doing the British Isles this summer. 😁

We have sailed Anthem a bunch of times out of Bayonne.  Very easy port to sail from.  We love all the live music.  Usually, some of the leads from We Will Rock You will sing in the Schooner Bar at least one night.  We have also seen the music director play in the Schooner Bar and the lead guitarist, Joyce Kuo play an acoustical guitar set in Schooner and also the Via.  Some very talented people on that ship typically.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have sailed Anthem a bunch of times out of Bayonne.  Very easy port to sail from. 

This will be my first, and hopefully not last cruise on her. I try not to sail the same ship or line too many times, been bouncing around as the mood suits me for decades. Truly enjoy the wide variety I’ve experienced. I’m ready to book RCI again, just want to see what the onboard Next Cruise has to offer for Dec. 2022. Other than  that it may be NCL out of Manhattan. 😁

• Like 1

I almost always stay on Deck 6, so am intimately familiar with the "secret" door there, and use it frequently.  (particularly when I had the misfortune to have the last cabin aft 😮 ) but in all the times I have cruised on Quantum class ships, I did not know about the Deck 13 Solarium doors.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have sailed Anthem a bunch of times out of Bayonne.  Very easy port to sail from.  We love all the live music.  Usually, some of the leads from We Will Rock You will sing in the Schooner Bar at least one night.  We have also seen the music director play in the Schooner Bar and the lead guitarist, Joyce Kuo play an acoustical guitar set in Schooner and also the Via.  Some very talented people on that ship typically.

And in the Pub.

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just read somewhere else that all shows are cancelled on Anthem for the rest of the cruise.

Already?  There weren't even passengers the past 10 days or so. ☹️. Sure hope all is ok. The entertainment is the highlight for us. (Going end of Dec)

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just read somewhere else that all shows are cancelled on Anthem for the rest of the cruise.

What I saw was someone said that on FB and someone else said not "all shows".  Apparently it's the big shows-Spectra's and We Will Rock You.

14 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Someone else just said it is Spectra and WWRY that are cancelled and other things are being switched around to fill in.  They are saying lack of support personnel for the shows due to covid.

Just now, BND said:

What I saw was someone said that on FB and someone else said not "all shows".  Apparently it's the big shows-Spectra's and We Will Rock You.

I know.