Anthem of the Seas AMA - November 14th Set Sail!

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

On our cruise with Celebrity there were no production shows as two of the cast had covid and the rest were self isolating. The CD did a good job on pulling in last minute headline acts 

I can imagine that if anyone in the show gets it, it can spread pretty fast.  It's a shame, but definitely they need to break and get everyone well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

@matt1 Are you on this Nov21st sailing? I forget. If so I hope you have a great trip!

Take lot's of picture's and post up if you have time! 

Nope, I’m on the 12/5 sailing. I do, however, have a really bad habit of taking a LOT of pics, but probably won’t post as much this cruise (depending on the internet’s functionality) since I’ll always have my hands wrapped around some kind of food. LOL 🤪

On 11/19/2021 at 6:53 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Just read on FB that Anthem is going to medivac someone off the ship near the Carolinas.

Erik Larsen, Asbury Park Press
Sun, November 21, 2021, 6:55 AM

BAYONNE - Royal Caribbean’s “Anthem of the Seas” is docked at Cape Liberty Cruise Port this morning after its scheduled return from The Bahamas, less than two days after an ailing passenger was plucked from the cruise ship by the Coast Guard.

In a statement, the Coast Guard said its Fifth District command center in Virginia received a medical evacuation request on Friday evening, to transfer a woman with internal bleeding aboard to a hospital on land. The assistance was requested by members of the ship’s crew.

At the time of the emergency, “Anthem of the Seas” — which is 1,141 feet in length, has a crew of 1,500 and a capacity to accommodate 4,905 passengers — was about 231 miles southeast of Wilmington, North Carolina, the statement said.

Coast Guard watch officers dispatched an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter and a Lockheed HC-130 search and rescue plane from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City in North Carolina, the statement said.

Upon arrival, the helicopter “hoisted the woman and a family member” up to the aircraft and flew her to New Hanover Regional Hospital in Wilmington, North Carolina. The patient was not identified.

Royal Caribbean’s ‘Anthem of the Seas’ returns to NJ after Coast Guard rescues passenger (yahoo.com)

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2021 at 10:54 AM, pippy32388 said:

Hi everyone! I am once again going to be doing an Ask Me Anything throughout my cruise starting Sunday November 14th. If anyone has any particular questions please let me know and I will try my best to answer them. I also will be posting the cruise compass daily. Thanks ❤️ 

We’re looking into doing the anthem after new year’s as we enjoyed it a few years ago. Questions, did you notice Zumba, line dancing, salsa dancing? If you have an activity schedule that is current, love to see it. Trying to keep my wife happy, she needs activities, I enjoy them also, thanks, Namaste 🙏 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cementhands said:

We’re looking into doing the anthem after new year’s as we enjoyed it a few years ago. Questions, did you notice Zumba, line dancing, salsa dancing? If you have an activity schedule that is current, love to see it. Trying to keep my wife happy, she needs activities, I enjoy them also, thanks, Namaste 🙏 

Looking thru this thread there are dailies posted for last weeks cruise, so far the only thing they seem to have a lot of it Trivia, Charades, Adult Karaoke and movie nights.

I Do not see any dance classes and or fitness classes.

Keep an eye on this thread for this week's Cruise Dailies.

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:
Erik Larsen, Asbury Park Press
Sun, November 21, 2021, 6:55 AM

BAYONNE - Royal Caribbean’s “Anthem of the Seas” is docked at Cape Liberty Cruise Port this morning after its scheduled return from The Bahamas, less than two days after an ailing passenger was plucked from the cruise ship by the Coast Guard.

In a statement, the Coast Guard said its Fifth District command center in Virginia received a medical evacuation request on Friday evening, to transfer a woman with internal bleeding aboard to a hospital on land. The assistance was requested by members of the ship’s crew.

At the time of the emergency, “Anthem of the Seas” — which is 1,141 feet in length, has a crew of 1,500 and a capacity to accommodate 4,905 passengers — was about 231 miles southeast of Wilmington, North Carolina, the statement said.

Coast Guard watch officers dispatched an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter and a Lockheed HC-130 search and rescue plane from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City in North Carolina, the statement said.

Upon arrival, the helicopter “hoisted the woman and a family member” up to the aircraft and flew her to New Hanover Regional Hospital in Wilmington, North Carolina. The patient was not identified.

Royal Caribbean’s ‘Anthem of the Seas’ returns to NJ after Coast Guard rescues passenger (yahoo.com)

There's a video of the rescue at https://www.app.com/story/travel/2021/11/21/royal-caribbean-anthem-seas-back-nj-after-coast-guard-rescue/8709882002/