Anthem of the Seas AMA - November 14th Set Sail!

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions and help out others. 

Did the ship depart at 3PM? If so, how early does boarding begin? I have an upcoming cruise on Anthem and would like to know how early we should expect to head there from Manhattan. 

Thanks to anyone that can answer - checkin is not yet available and this is my first RCCL cruise in a long time. I like to plan ahead. 

13 hours ago, PiperHolliday said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions and help out others. 

Did the ship depart at 3PM? If so, how early does boarding begin? I have an upcoming cruise on Anthem and would like to know how early we should expect to head there from Manhattan. 

Thanks to anyone that can answer - checkin is not yet available and this is my first RCCL cruise in a long time. I like to plan ahead. 

On 11/8/2021 at 1:31 PM, alexand278 said:

Is the Buffet open for dinner yet?

Thanks!

1. We got here at 2pm. It's showing the ship leaves at 5pm.

2. The buffet is open for dinner 6-8:30pm for dinner. 

12 minutes ago, pippy32388 said:

We got here at 2pm. It's showing the ship leaves at 5pm.

My sense is that's the new departure time. I'm on the Christmas Eve. sailing and was notified that our departure was changed from 4 to 5pm.

What complimenry dining in which restaurants were avaiable  to reserve for and were you able to book online or only with an app. or did you book on the ship.  I  do not have access to get the app. Currently for our cruise end of January the only compimentry dining is in the Solarium Bistro,  no Silk, Chic, or Grande. Can you also let me know when you were able to do online checkin. I was told by Royal Carribean 45 days from sailing.Thank you in advance.

2 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

What complimenry dining in which restaurants were avaiable  to reserve for and were you able to book online or only with an app. or did you book on the ship.  I  do not have access to get the app. Currently for our cruise end of January the only compimentry dining is in the Solarium Bistro,  no Silk, Chic, or Grande. Can you also let me know when you were able to do online checkin. I was told by Royal Carribean 45 days from sailing.Thank you in advance.

Bistro you should be able to make reservations when you get on the ship and hook up to the Wi-Fi or stop by the bistro and they will make the reservation for you.

What day are you sailing?

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

My sense is that's the new departure time. I'm on the Christmas Eve. sailing and was notified that our departure was changed from 4 to 5pm.

Good thought. I cruise Anthem on January 9 and everywhere I look still states 3PM departure for us. Now I'll be sure to keep an eye on it. 

1 hour ago, goldengirl said:

I really thought the purpose of this site is to be helpful to other passengers. I have seen a lot of snarky remarks. People seem to be very nasty and I wonder if they would say these comments to peoples faces.

I have noticed that frequently on many questions that people ask on CC. It is definitely changing my opinion about this board. Why can’t people be civilized? if you can’t be decent, then don’t reply to a post. Not everyone has been cruising for years and years. That’s why they ask questions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pasta1 said:

Are you on a set seating or Mytime Dining? The dining rooms you list are the main dining rooms and all serve the same food. Your post doesn't make much sense. If you are on Mytime Dining all you do is go into the Cruise Planner to make reservations for whatever night you want to have an advance reservation. You no longer pick out which dining room since they all serve the same food.  

14 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Bistro you should be able to make reservations when you get on the ship and hook up to the Wi-Fi or stop by the bistro and they will make the reservation for you.

What day are you sailing?

1/31/2021

14 hours ago, pasta1 said:

They stopped doing the main dining as 4 different concepts.  Chic, American icon,  the grande and silk all serve the same main dining hall menu.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

My time

Go into the cruise planner for your cruise,choose Dining,and look for My time Dining. Here's a screenshot of my Anthem cruiser planner for next month's Anthem Christmas cruise where I was able to make advanced dinner reservations for nine people in four cabins for the whole cruise.

Screenshot_20211115-094626.png

On 11/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, alexgtp said:

Sailing her for NYE.

-is UDP available for purchase once on board?

-which additional shows will they have aside from WWRY and Spectra's?

-is there a jazz band playing anywhere?

- how full is ship sailing at?

TY so much for doing this!

The ultimate dining plan was available for purchase on day one and they were offering a buy one get one half off. 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:50 PM, matt1 said:

I don’t remember seeing this posted on the RCI forum before, but if anyone knows the cost of the North Star Extended Experience on Anthem of the Seas, and if they allow either multiple trips or have a standby line? 🤔👍😁

It is $29 for the extended north star and $49 for the ifly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1