Anthem of the Seas AMA - November 14th Set Sail!

12 minutes ago, Hara87 said:

Right now we are headed straight for the coast. Not following the normal path.

A screenshot just taken from Marine Traffic for those who may not have access to it…

2BAFBD1A-BCA1-43E0-9F32-2FADC3D63D93.jpeg

… and the same area with all the other ships shown…

ACAD3260-9356-49EC-94A1-502C7B8F5F8A.jpeg

Edited by matt1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hara87 said:

They are airlifting the person out now. The helicopter is approaching the ship. Then we will continue our normal route up to Bayonne.

Looks like ANTHEM is well back on course for Bayonne heading NNE at 17+ kts. 

1 hour ago, CFIGuy said:

So, with Spectra and We Will Rock You both on pause, what have the evening entertainment options been in lieu of these shows?

In the Day 1 Cruise Compass it still showed showtimes for both on this sailing. Didn’t read otherwise in this thread that they were still on a brief hiatus. 🤔

Leaving on Anthem today.  Is the bracelet they make you wear to show that you are vaccinated made of cloth or silicone?  Is it removable?  I am not so keen on having to wear a cloth bracelet that's not removable in the showr, pool, etc.

1 hour ago, DonnaK said:

Leaving on Anthem today.  Is the bracelet they make you wear to show that you are vaccinated made of cloth or silicone?  Is it removable?  I am not so keen on having to wear a cloth bracelet that's not removable in the showr, pool, etc.

Just got off. We had silicone bracelets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, CFIGuy said:

So, with Spectra and We Will Rock You both on pause, what have the evening entertainment options been in lieu of these shows?

Just got off this sailing, instead of We Will Rock You the headliner for the show (who had performed in Jersey Boys in worldwide tours) did a bunch of Four Seasons songs with choreography. Instead of Spectra there was an extra Beatle tribute show and an extra show of the juggler from earlier in the week.

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2021 at 10:54 AM, pippy32388 said:

Hi everyone! I am once again going to be doing an Ask Me Anything throughout my cruise starting Sunday November 14th.  Thanks ❤️ 

Hoping we hear back from the OP once settled back into the “real world”. Looking forward to the remaining Cruise Compass’ and any other tips, news, and personal experiences they can share. Hard to believe it went by that quick! 😳

On 11/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, pippy32388 said:

They also are offering 2 different options for ifly and the Northstar. There is a pay for extended option for both or a shorter complementary ride for both.  Make sure you sign up on day 1 for the complementary,  they fill up fast!

Yea about Northstar!!!!! it became an issue for this Nov 14th cruise for a lot of folks.

My appt for SEA DAY 1 at 11am was cancelled abruptly after running for 2 hours for some repairs or maintenance so I had to reschedule.   Folks got to go up again around 3pm.  So then for my 2nd attempt, we had high winds.   So then for my 3rd attempt, the reason I got was not wind (even tho it was windy again) but something the engineers had concerns on.

So, for my 7-day cruise, I never got on but most of the in port folks did for free.   So be prepared for weather issues at sea and not getting to go up.  there was availability for days 5-7 that did not fill up.

They for now only allow 4 people to go up just like all the elevators on the ship

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Yea about Northstar!!!!! it became an issue for this Nov 14th cruise for a lot of folks….

They for now only allow 4 people to go up just like all the elevators on the ship

Well, this is truly disheartening. So very sorry to hear that the repeated disruptions messed with your chances to go up in North Star. I definitely looked forward to trying two attempts of the paid extended rides. And with ONLY four riders at a time? Guess I’ll lower my expectations. 

9 minutes ago, hp_slash said:

Just got off this sailing, instead of We Will Rock You the headliner for the show (who had performed in Jersey Boys in worldwide tours) did a bunch of Four Seasons songs with choreography. Instead of Spectra there was an extra Beatle tribute show and an extra show of the juggler from earlier in the week.

Any word why the production shows weren't running?  Obviously it's personal taste, but Beatles and Jersey Boys personally aren't my favorite type of music.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Any word why the production shows weren't running?  Obviously it's personal taste, but Beatles and Jersey Boys personally aren't my favorite type of music.

cast of the two big shows feel ill on the way over from UK on trans with covid.

they have been in quarantine for almost 2 weeks.  Takes time to gain back strength.  They were on deck 6 forward away from everyone.

Hoping for the best for anyone this or next week.  The Jersey Boys were better than the Beatles guys IMHO.  We did have a great comedian and a good violinist.  He I would say is like the Josh Grobin of Violinist

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

Well, this is truly disheartening. So very sorry to hear that the repeated disruptions messed with your chances to go up in North Star. I definitely looked forward to trying two attempts of the paid extended rides. And with ONLY four riders at a time? Guess I’ll lower my expectations. 

Of all the people on CC, you seem so nice and in love with Anthem.  I am rooting for YOU.  

also. each day at 8am they open up reservations for the IN PORT free Northstar.  On my cruise it was not really mentioned in compass or that I could see.  Word of mouth which makes the whole Northstar a bit of stress like getting the covid testing.   all about timing and luck.

toodles Matt.     Make sure you eat lunch at Jamie Olivers on a sea day.  very nice.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Of all the people on CC, you seem so nice and in love with Anthem.  I am rooting for YOU.  

also. each day at 8am they open up reservations for the IN PORT free Northstar.  On my cruise it was not really mentioned in compass or that I could see.  Word of mouth which makes the whole Northstar a bit of stress like getting the covid testing.   all about timing and luck.

toodles Matt.     Make sure you eat lunch at Jamie Olivers on a sea day.  very nice.

How Kind! Yes, I’ve been over-the-top excited, a little too much, I think, and it seems to have grated some nerves here. So it’s nice to hear someone speak warmly of another’s enthusiasm. 😁

THANK YOU for the tip on the North Star. I’m always up very early anyways, especially for port arrivals, so I hope to catch some luck with a beautiful day when I get up there. We won’t pull into Nassau until 12:30p, so I’m sure they’ll have some slots after we dock. 

And I do already have two reservations for Jamie’s Italian for the sea day lunch. I think I may gain some weight on this cruise! LOL 🤣

1 minute ago, matt1 said:

How Kind! Yes, I’ve been over-the-top excited, a little too much, I think, and it seems to have grated some nerves here. So it’s nice to hear someone speak warmly of another’s enthusiasm. 😁

THANK YOU for the tip on the North Star. I’m always up very early anyways, especially for port arrivals, so I hope to catch some luck with a beautiful day when I get up there. We won’t pull into Nassau until 12:30p, so I’m sure they’ll have some slots after we dock. 

And I do already have two reservations for Jamie’s Italian for the sea day lunch. I think I may gain some weight on this cruise! LOL 🤣

welcome.

We had bad winds and still got into Coco Cay by the skin of our teeth.  The Independence coming from the other direction did not have the same luck.  They were to dock at 7am and tried for an hour so we had the island to ourselves.  I guess the captain did not want to linger another hour to see if they could get in again.  Our Captain told us around 8am that it would be a challenge but that he would try.  In fact we ended up 1/2 hour early thank goodness.

And our window of opportunity was good.  He really thrusted the engine backing in but we made it. About an hour after we docked the winds picked up for about an hour and was hard walking on the pier.   Coco Cay has 3 areas for free food and I like the view of Chill Island and the beach.

Oasis pool IS COLD and if you have a WET SUIT, then by all means bring it.  Lots of funny signs around the island to take photos of so look for them.     BBQ chicken is very good.

Captain IV is a funny man from Croatia so make sure you go to the Captain Corner on last full day in the morning.  He explained how they did the helicopter airlift which came from NC.  They have a procedure and an arrangement with Coast Guard since Anthem has long haul to NYC.  It took two hours preparation and notice before it came. It was loud too. So the helicopter circled around twice before hovering along the Port side  and they cleared the whole Two70 complex as well as top deck around pool including chairs.

After the Coast Guard using night googles got the patient off then it took off to go back 100 miles back to NC.  Then it was okay for us to come in Sunday instead of Sat night.

I will say this, they did ask for any man (not women) to volunteer blood and plasma.   Over 100 folks showed up and the captain was quite grateful speaking about it and folks clapped.

well I see Anthem is a full hour late but should be leaving now.  She is a pretty ship up close.

Her sister Ovation hauled fast down to San Fran area to get out of storms and Odyssey just left Nassau about an hour ago.    

toodles

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

they have been in quarantine for almost 2 weeks.  Takes time to gain back strength.  They were on deck 6 forward away from everyone.

Hoping for the best for anyone this or next week.  The Jersey Boys were better than the Beatles guys IMHO.  We did have a great comedian and a good violinist.  He I would say is like the Josh Grobin of Violinist

That's too bad.  Makes sense they would isolate the cast....and for sure, those rules require tons of energy.  Hope everyone recovers soon.  Thanks for the info.

12 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Hi.

What was the name of the Violinist?

We were on in September and it was Chris Watkins.

He was excellent and very approachable.

On 11/15/2021 at 12:14 AM, goldengirl said:

I really thought the purpose of this site is to be helpful to other passengers. I have seen a lot of snarky remarks. People seem to be very nasty and I wonder if they would say these comments to peoples faces.

I think people are only trying to be helpful . 

11 hours ago, LuCruise said:

That's too bad.  Makes sense they would isolate the cast....and for sure, those rules require tons of energy.  Hope everyone recovers soon.  Thanks for the info.

On our cruise with Celebrity there were no production shows as two of the cast had covid and the rest were self isolating. The CD did a good job on pulling in last minute headline acts 

On 11/18/2021 at 5:17 PM, matt1 said:

Hoping you can get a picture of a menu for me. This isn’t in the app for any day of the week for my upcoming cruise Dec. 5th, and was wondering what the Solarium Bistro offers on the menu for breakfast? I’ve seen menus and videos for just about every other option and venue for breakfast, but none specific to the Solarium Bistro. 

The Solarium Bistro is a slightly healthier buffet for breakfast.  We really enjoyed it for breakfast and in the evening for a change from the MDR. Certainly at the beginning of a cruise it's fairly quite, though gets busier as more folk find out about it

• Thanks 1