Anthem of the Seas AMA - November 14th Set Sail!

15 hours ago, alexgtp said:

I am super surprised Anthem does not have more "BANDS" on board. That Music Hall is just begging to have live bands every night. Sort of reminds me of a mini House Of Blue's. Shame it is used for Trivia and other non musical events (just browsing the Daily I get that impression)

As long as they have a house band that plays jazz/standards and a good Latin Tropical band. I will be super happy. As the wife and I love dancing!

Pre Covid they did. Maybe it's their way of keeping crowds down. On the Oasis this past September, the Music Hall had live music daily.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

@matt1 If you are referring to this This is LUKKA KAIRI waterfront bar and grill which i beleive is still closed, we were on Freedom in OCT and appeared to be closed.

image.png.7caebeeadd52b4de1099e87894a9fd86.png

Thanks 👍, was looking for a really good spot for ship pictures within walking distance while we are in Nassau that day. 😁 May have to just get out there and venture about. 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:20 PM, oddly excitered said:

Yes, much appreciated!

Drink prices? I don't get the package so try to get the most bang for buck, How much is a bucket of beer? also we love the variety of the drink of the day, I see its posted in the compass but is it still reduced price?

Thanks so much and I hope sailing is going smoothly,

Beers seem to be about 7-8 dollars a piece.  I have not seen them advertise buckets of beer yet this cruise, but to be fair the weather hasn't been very nice so I haven't been by the pool deck much.  Mixed drinks and the majority of the bar drinks are around $13. The most expensive glass of wine I've seen is $16 a glass. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mets123 said:

Pre Covid they did. Maybe it's their way of keeping crowds down. On the Oasis this past September, the Music Hall had live music daily.

This is all speculation but I think the lack of live music is because a lot of the entertainment staff just came onboard within 2 weeks and are still quarantined.  They also canceled spectra and we will rock you since some of the members are 'feeling poorly'

47 minutes ago, pippy32388 said:

Cruise compass day 5. Will post day 4 soon.  Had no internet.  Thank you bahamas!

Hoping you can get a picture of a menu for me. This isn’t in the app for any day of the week for my upcoming cruise Dec. 5th, and was wondering what the Solarium Bistro offers on the menu for breakfast? I’ve seen menus and videos for just about every other option and venue for breakfast, but none specific to the Solarium Bistro. 

THANK YOU again for all the daily planners. These are invaluable on helping me plan everything from daily meals to activities. Not having been on RCI in quite some time it’s good to know what’s coming my way in 17 days 

😁

Edited by matt1

23 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Hoping you can get a picture of a menu for me. This isn’t in the app for any day of the week for my upcoming cruise Dec. 5th, and was wondering what the Solarium Bistro offers on the menu for breakfast? I’ve seen menus and videos for just about every other option and venue for breakfast, but none specific to the Solarium Bistro. 

THANK YOU again for all the daily planners. These are invaluable on helping me plan everything from daily meals to activities. Not having been on RCI in quite some time it’s good to know what’s coming my way in 17 days 

😁

Isn't Solarium Bistro a buffet for breakfast and lunch?  If so, I don't think there's a published menu to take a picture of.  I know on the Allure (so different ship class, I know) it was buffet for breakfast and lunch with much more limited selections than Windjammer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matt1 said:

55 minutes ago, acpalmer said:

Isn't Solarium Bistro a buffet for breakfast and lunch?  If so, I don't think there's a published menu to take a picture of.  I know on the Allure (so different ship class, I know) it was buffet for breakfast and lunch with much more limited selections than Windjammer.

Yes, Solarium Bistro is a mini WJ at breakfast and lunch.

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:17 PM, matt1 said:

😁

If I wake up early I'll take a picture of the buffet for you. 

20 hours ago, matt1 said:

Looks like maybe some kind of medical situation going on?

7929821E-BF30-4A46-88E8-587136AE6515.jpeg

Someone got airlifted out at nassau and the boat is getting in a day early due to another medical emergency. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pippy32388 said:

Someone got airlifted out at nassau and the boat is getting in a day early due to another medical emergency. 

Wonder why ANTHEM couldn’t just pull into FLL or MIA long enough to evacuate the one guest and then proceed back to NY per the regular schedule? I’ve seen ships do that, having an emergency team on standby and a quick in-and-out hand-off gets them quicker medical attention.

🤔

Edited by matt1

39 minutes ago, pippy32388 said:

We are currently on the ship with you and haven't heard anything about getting in a day early. Did see the ambulance yesterday and the request for a blood donor this morning. Was there an official announcement that I missed?

58 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

If the ship docks early do the passengers stay on?

on Anthem about 3 years ago we came in early due to a medical emergency got in around 10:00 p.m. if I remember well but no one could get off until the next morning.  

Edited by clochette
typo

1 hour ago, clochette said:

on Anthem about 3 years ago we came in early due to a medical emergency got in around 10:00 p.m. if I remember well but no one could get off until the next morning.  

Likely because CBP won't set up shop for that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Likely because CBP won't set up shop for that.

We had a somewhat similar situation on the Anthem but instead of a medical emergency it was to avoid a weather situation and be in safe harbor.  The ship was going to pull into Bayonne the night before the regular disembarkation date and time, I think it was something like 8-9 PM but we weren't allowed to get off. It was a New England and Canada cruise so we were coming down south along the Eastern Seaboard. We didn't miss anything, it was seadays but what the Captain did do was spend lots of time sailing the NY Bay and giving us GREAT views of the Manhattan skyline, probably spending almost 2 hours sailing around Manhattan. I think it was pretty commendable for the Captain to get last minute clearances to be able to sail the NY Harbor and give his passengers beautiful views that wasn't part of the normal route.