Need PCR test every port?

M5M

We  have an international cruise scheduled for late spring on the Getaway, stopping at several countries .  I wonder how the disembarkation is handled with multiple ports in multiple countries?  Do you have to have a new PCR test at each port...what if we don't disembark at X port? 

I assume you are referring to one of the europe cruises on the Norwegian getaway. NCL will have to advise you on what’s required. Cruise passengers don’t always face the exact same requirements as passengers flying in. If NCL sails an itinerary they have worked out with each countries on what is required of the passengers. So they will be the only one who can answer the question.

Don't bother asking NCL now, because no one knows what the requirements for any country will be in 6 months. Currently, if there are tests that can or must be done before saildate, passengers have to arrange that on their own, at their own charge. Any tests that have to be done during the cruise in order to visit ports on the itinerary are provided for no extra charge on board. And if they tell you a test is required, I doubt you can get out of it by saying you're not getting off the ship. But you'll have to ask about your specific situation when the time comes.

I have not heard of any itinerary where the whole ship has to get tested for every port, and certainly not a PCR test (except for Bermuda cruises that only have that one port). Pretty sure NCL would modify that itinerary to something cheaper for them, and easier for everyone.