Boarding Times

jimd909

We have been on 4 RCI cruises this year. The earliest check-in time I have seen is 12:00 PM. We have an 11:30 AM check-in time on a Celebrity cruise in a few weeks, but I have yet to see an 11:30 AM check-in time on RCI. Bottom line is 11:30 AM is likely the earliest time you will see. 

8 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Suites can check in an hour early currently or 30 min later than their appointment time. 

6 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

I'm in an Owner's suite so does that mean I can check in @ 10:30?

You can't check in earlier than when they open the doors.  So far no earlier then 11-11:30. 

The good news is that once  you enter, check in, go through security, you can generally get on the ship.  No waiting around in the terminal.  (at least that has been our recent experience) 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

6 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

Yes, I got an email from the Concierge telling us we could check in an hour early. I emailed him and asked if 10:30 (which would be an hour from our 11:30 appointment) would be ok and he said absolutely. So that's what we are going with. 

3 hours ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Yes, I got an email from the Concierge telling us we could check in an hour early. I emailed him and asked if 10:30 (which would be an hour from our 11:30 appointment) would be ok and he said absolutely. So that's what we are going with. 

Be prepared to wait awhile. We have cruised out of Miami, Canaveral and Everglades in the last two months. The earliest they opened the terminal doors and allowed people in was 11:45 AM. 

4 hours ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Let me know how that works out.  Concierges only tell you what you want to hear.  There is NO WAY you are getting in before the doors open and  check-in begins.  You can arrive anytime you want.   When the  doors open will be another matter. I don't know your ship or port,  but you could be waiting a while.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

5 hours ago, jimd909 said:

What is the soonest you can normally board now?  The earliest I was able to select was 11:30 - 12:00 for Navigator out of San Pedro, CA for Christmas.  Surprised they didn't have something sooner.

I'm on that sailing and the one before  it and 11:30 was the earliest

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 2:56 AM, jimd909 said:

It would not matter if you were the owner of the ship border force and shore side staff are turning around ships daily with thousands of pac's. They will open the doors when they are ready not before 🙄

• Like 1

I am seeing on some of the role calls that they open up some earlier slots but does anyone know how to check this after they have checked in? I was looking on the site and the app and when I click "edit check-in," it has no option to see available time slots.

We were in a suite with an 11:00 check in time on the Liberty’s first sailing last month (so there were no passengers from the previous cruise to disembark) and we got to the pier an hour early thinking they would start boarding right on time and allow the 1 hour early rule for suites.....wrong!!!  We waited outside in our designated area until close to 11:20 before they opened the doors and started letting us in.  They kept saying the ship still had to get approval from the port authority before they could open up the boarding process.  We were within the first 20 people to get checked in and board and it was amazing, but just be aware that if you have the first boarding time slot don’t think you’re going to get on an hour earlier than that.

• 1 month later...

I just received an email from the concierge on the Navigator and it says

"...suite guests can enjoy Flexible Arrival -- a new program allowing the freedom to check-in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check-in time while the terminal is open."