LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

2 hours ago, gardenbunny said:

The first formal night was truly a mixed bag.  I wore my Tux and DW had a nice black outfit but we were among the minority.  We saw everything from lovely formal wear ( one couple wore Tails and a full length gown) to jeans.  Most men at least wore a decent shirt (many with a tie) with many also having a jacketand the Ladies had everything imaginable including outfits DW would not have worn even inside our home 🙂

It was inevitable that true “formal” was on the way out even before Covid.  I will miss it - even though I had started slowly changing from long gowns to cocktail dresses, or very dressy pants and sparkle tops.  In the good old days it was a chance to play “little girl dress up” as an adult 😁. And my husband even got into the tux and/or white dinner jacket - with fancy bowties and pocket scarf !!

It will be easier to pack, for sure, but I hope they never allow shorts 😲

On the bright side, any guest is welcome to bring some fancier duds and wear them either for a special evening or when it is either 'Formal' or 'Dress to Impress' night.  Apparently both names are in use right now (or perhaps one ship is in test mode).  

• Like 2

On 12/4/2021 at 4:34 PM, MissP22 said:

I just heard a comment from someone sailing on the Regal that there were no drinks being served in the show lounge as they didn't want people removing their masks in order to have a sip. 😵

Are things the same on the Enchanted? Can you carry your own drink from a bar?

Sip and cover was requested in the Princess Theater and one of the other show venues. I didn’t notice if the theater has a bar. The other venue did. 

On 12/5/2021 at 6:38 PM, phdiva said:

Sip and cover was requested in the Princess Theater and one of the other show venues. I didn’t notice if the theater has a bar. The other venue did. 

I am on Enchanted. They are not serving drinks in the theatre but you are able to bring your own with you. 

On 11/19/2021 at 12:52 PM, coo359a2 said:

It will be interesting on the 20 Dec Enchanted Princes.   Day 3 is at sea, day 6 is at sea (was a  port till cancelled) and the next sea day will be the last night of our cruise.  

Expect one on Xmas.

38 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Thanks. I have no problem bringing my own but did they give a reason?

I think it is just a matter of limiting physical contact because of COVID.  No waiters walking around the theater or trying to work their way through seats to deliver drinks.  And then there is the typical issue that Princess designed their theaters with no place to sit a drink other then on the floor.

Hank

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I think it is just a matter of limiting physical contact because of COVID.  No waiters walking around the theater or trying to work their way through seats to deliver drinks.  And then there is the typical issue that Princess designed their theaters with no place to sit a drink other then on the floor.

Hank

One of my pet peeves are cruise ships who want you to drink during shows, but have no drink holders in the theater..I noticed that on the Regal, which annoys the hell out of me..Princess wants you to drink for $$, then discourage you from buying drinks in the theater due to no cup holders...chances of a waiter coughing, spitting, or sneezing on you while they bring you a drink with a 95% likelihood that you are both vaccinated wearing masks, is infinitesimal..JMHO...

Edited by big al
forgot word

1 hour ago, big al said:

One of my pet peeves are cruise ships who want you to drink during shows, but have no drink holders in the theater..I noticed that on the Regal, which annoys the hell out of me..Princess wants you to drink for $$, then discourage you from buying drinks in the theater due to no cup holders...chances of a waiter coughing, spitting, or sneezing on you while they bring you a drink with a 95% likelihood that you are both vaccinated wearing masks, is infinitesimal..JMHO...

So true. 

I guess we'll just have to resort to getting a drink on the way to the theater. 

• Like 1

I am going to comment on a controversial issue.  On this cruise we have the worst dressed crowd we have ever experienced in over 40 years of extensive cruising.  Folks go into the MDR with ragged gym shirts and shirts I would not even wear around my own home.  In Crooners we sat near a heavy set guy who wore gym shirts and put his bare feet up on a sofa-chair.  While I do understand we are in an era of no rules or dress codes the term “raised by wolves” does come to mind.  Perhaps when folks start to come into the MDR nude… somebody will take notice :).

Hank

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I am going to comment on a controversial issue.  On this cruise we have the worst dressed crowd we have ever experienced in over 40 years of extensive cruising.  Folks go into the MDR with ragged gym shirts and shirts I would not even wear around my own home.  In Crooners we sat near a heavy set guy who wore gym shirts and put his bare feet up on a sofa-chair.  While I do understand we are in an era of no rules or dress codes the term “raised by wolves” does come to mind.  Perhaps when folks start to come into the MDR nude… somebody will take notice :).

Hank

I have NEVER worn shorts to the DR, nor to any specialty restaurant in 40 cruises..that being said, we no longer "dress up" for formal nights..I wore a suit & tie for 35+ years sweating to death for work, so I am done with that..now I wear suits only for weddings & funerals..I wear dockers or casual ( but neat..) long slacks with either a Tommy Bahama cruise shirt or a polo shirt, or a nice long sleeve...in fact, I only wear shorts during the day around the ship, maybe on a sea day, if not at the pool..wearing a suit on my cruise vacation felt like the postman on his day off, he takes a walk 🤣....gym shorts & bare feet in Crooners is pretty crude & pretty lame, agreed!

Big Al

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, big al said:

I have NEVER worn shorts to the DR, nor to any specialty restaurant in 40 cruises..that being said, we no longer "dress up" for formal nights..I wore a suit & tie for 35+ years sweating to death for work, so I am done with that..now I wear suits only for weddings & funerals..I wear dockers or casual ( but neat..) long slacks with either a Tommy Bahama cruise shirt or a polo shirt, or a nice long sleeve...in fact, I only wear shorts during the day around the ship, maybe on a sea day, if not at the pool..wearing a suit on my cruise vacation felt like the postman on his day off, he takes a walk 🤣....gym shorts & bare feet in Crooners is pretty crude & pretty lame, agreed!

Big Al

Well Big Al,

Ratty gym shirts are now welcomed in Princess MDRs or at least on this ship.  There is no longer any pretense of maintaining any standard.  Princess has now put themselves into a bad position of “anything goes” and it is just a matter of time until there is likely to be backlash.    I must admit that watching passengers is good entertainment.  There are no children or teens on this particular cruise but I would assume that teens will soon be having lots of fun with zero standards.    One fellow passenger commented that Carnival is now a step up from Princess.  Got me thinking that nudity might be OK as long as the nudist is wearing a mask 🙂

Hank

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Well Big Al,

Ratty gym shirts are now welcomed in Princess MDRs or at least on this ship.  There is no longer any pretense of maintaining any standard.  Princess has now put themselves into a bad position of “anything goes” and it is just a matter of time until there is likely to be backlash.    I must admit that watching passengers is good entertainment.  There are no children or teens on this particular cruise but I would assume that teens will soon be having lots of fun with zero standards.    One fellow passenger commented that Carnival is now a step up from Princess.  Got me thinking that nudity might be OK as long as the nudist is wearing a mask 🙂

Hank

A very sad situation indeed.

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

Once again there is a definite need for Princess to have a casual DR and a more dressy one. Many people do like a more casual dress on vacation, even wearing dress shorts & polo at times as my DH does. I guess he'll feel comfortable on the Enchanted Princess without offending anyone.

16 hours ago, sunsetme said:

what is the earliest self disembarkation time on Enchanged?

The truth is that it depends on the government (CBP) and how long it takes the ship to be cleared.  If all goes well you may be off the ship by 7:15.  But when things go wrong we have been on ships held until around 9am.  There are no guarantees.  When the ship clearance is delayed it causes real havoc for those with early flights.

Hank

On 12/8/2021 at 6:15 AM, Hlitner said:

Hank

Do you have any pictures.....this just sounds like a rant to me and I have rarely seen inappropriate clothes in a Princess dining room and I doubt the world is really coming to an end now for Princess.......cheers! 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I'm so sorry to hear about the dress on this ship. I usually don't care what people wear, but there is a limit . Sounds more like Carnival than Princess, and I don't like Carnival. Shame on the hotel manager for allowing it.

It's about time Princess caught up to the other cruise lines as far as relaxing their formal dress code. Except for Cunard most of them have done away with their stringent suit & tie on formal evenings which can hasn't hurt them one bit. 

People can still dress up if the want to but most choose to just go dressy casual. 

58 minutes ago, 555 said:

It's about time Princess caught up to the other cruise lines as far as relaxing their formal dress code. Except for Cunard most of them have done away with their stringent suit & tie on formal evenings which can hasn't hurt them one bit. 

People can still dress up if the want to but most choose to just go dressy casual. 

Bit of an overstatement.  Princess has not required a suit and tie on formal nights to get into the MDR for as long as we have been cruising with them.  They only ask that you dress above casual.  Personally, I don't care what people wear as long as it's not vulgar or not in good taste.  In the meantime, our group always likes to deck out in our Tuxedos and formal dresses.  Perhaps we will be the last of the dying breed, which is fine.

Edited by USCcruisecrazy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Bit of an overstatement.  Princess has not required a suit and tie on formal nights to get into the MDR for as long as we have been cruising with them.  They only ask that you dress above casual.  Personally, I don't care what people wear as long as it's not vulgar or not in good taste.  In the meantime, our group always likes to deck out in our Tuxedos and formal dresses.  Perhaps we will be the last of the dying breed, which is fine.

Perhaps, but they still like to advertise that it's a formal cruise line so to entice the unknowing into thinking it's "exclusive". I think there are more & more people lately who are surprised to find the lack of formality there once was on Princess. 

Maybe they do get more bookings misrepresenting their attire requirements.

And no it doesn't bother me either what the others are wearing.

Choosing formal or casual clothing doesn't affect my enjoyment of the food.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 11:59 AM, MissP22 said:

Once again there is a definite need for Princess to have a casual DR and a more dressy one. Many people do like a more casual dress on vacation, even wearing dress shorts & polo at times as my DH does. I guess he'll feel comfortable on the Enchanted Princess without offending anyone.

I have often thought this myself, maybe have a 'casual' dining room. We just got off the Enchanted and my husband 'forgot' to pack any long pants other than dark jeans.  Seems he was remembering our last cruise in 2020 on  NCL where nice shorts/shirt are acceptable dining room attire!  So we did skip 'formal' nights. 

19 hours ago, 555 said:

Perhaps, but they still like to advertise that it's a formal cruise line so to entice the unknowing into thinking it's "exclusive". 

The ads make me laugh. There was one in the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge showing three forty-somethings having a grand time. That was so far from the truth of what the lounge looked like!

The pictures of the lovely couples on deck are a stitch too, as no one has a hair out of place. The minute I go on deck my hair becomes a wreck. 

Edited by phdiva
  • Haha 1