JamieLogical's November 13 B2B Summit Live Blog

JamieLogical

I am leaving for my B2B on the Summit out of Miami in three days! Since I will be staying in a Sky Suite for the first leg, I am hoping to have decent enough internet access to keep up with a live blog. I am only in an Aqua Class Veranda for the second leg, with only the Surf internet plan included, so I am not sure how the last four days will go in terms of blogging. When we are in port, I will have cell service, so I can always make my phone a hotspot and post some that way. I'm not planning to get off the ship at all during that second leg (stopping in Nassau and Bimini, Bahamas), so I should have time to futz with my cell service.

Tomorrow I am off of work for Veteran's Day so I am hoping to get the last of my cruise prep out of the way. I have an appointment for an ID Now test at Walgreens at 9:30am, I need to get my pre-cruise pedicure, and I need to get all of my packing done! I do have my packing list completed at least and I ran out and bought the last few items I needed last night.

Friday I still plan on working the full day. I do have a back-up testing appointment scheduled for Friday at 11:00am if something goes wrong with Walgreens tomorrow. My flight is at 5:30pm, so I will work through lunch and leave at 3:00 instead of 4:00. I'll run home, do any last-minute tasks, grab my bags, and have my husband drive me to the airport. I always get to the airport at least an hour and half early even though I am always through security and at my gate in about fifteen minutes and end up just waiting over an hour. I just know the ONE time I try to cut it closer than that is the time that there will be some sort of crazy TSA back-up or I will get pulled aside at security for a search or something.

I won't be getting into Miami until 11:59pm. Then it will be straight to the hotel for an attempt at some sleep before CRUISE DAY!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’ll be reading…I have not been on this class of Celebrity Ship…my neighbors swear by them…safe travels. 

I plan to take try to remember to take a lot of photos (I am really bad at remembering to take photos in the moment). I am also bringing our 360 camera and will do a 360 video tour of the ship one day. Though that definitely won't get rendered and uploaded until I am back home.

• Like 1

Looking forward to your blog. We’re on the Apex now, but will be on the Constellation in December and the Summit later on in August. It will be interesting to see the differences between the two types of ship styles, as we have never sailed on a M Class ship yet.

As you may have heard from a thread I opened the other day from our experiences currently on the Apex, you will not even be able to go to boards.cruisecritic.com if you are just using with the basic Wi-Fi package that comes with AI. I believe there is a 10% sale going on right now to upgrade to streaming before you board though.

Anyway, I’ll be looking forward to reading about your upcoming adventure. Happy sailing!! 😎

20 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Looking forward to your blog. We’re on the Apex now, but will be on the Constellation in December and the Summit later on in August. It will be interesting to see the differences between the two types of ship styles, as we have never sailed on a M Class ship yet.

As you may have heard from a thread I opened the other day from our experiences currently on the Apex, you will not even be able to go to boards.cruisecritic.com if you are just using with the basic Wi-Fi package that comes with AI. I believe there is a 10% sale going on right now to upgrade to streaming before you board though.

Anyway, I’ll be looking forward to reading about your upcoming adventure. Happy sailing!! 😎

Yeah, I was unable to access it when I was on the Equinox in July with only the Surf package as well. Hoping I will be able to do so with Stream, since I get that included with my Sky Suite for the first 5 days.

• Like 1

Just wondering is it really that important to post a  live blog when you are cruising in AQ with the surf pack and may not be able to do it?  

Don’t see the benefit   

When I am on a cruise it Is for my enjoyment and not spending my time or money to upgrade to the stream just to be able to post on CC 

That is my opinion and I am sure others don’t agree

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1

We were in an S1 on Summit in Sept.
The wi-fi was just fine.   I never had issue with cruise critic or anything else really.
That said, I did not try to stream video - for that matter, we do not find ourselves in the cabin much during waking hours 😄
(My DW did post some pictures to FB during the cruise without issue)

18 hours ago, miched said:

Just wondering is it really that important to post a  live blog when you are cruising in AQ with the surf pack and may not be able to do it?  

Don’t see the benefit   

When I am on a cruise it Is for my enjoyment and not spending my time or money to upgrade to the stream just to be able to post on CC 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I am definitely not going to pay to upgrade to Stream for my Aqua Class leg of the trip. Hope I didn't give anyone that impression!

On 11/10/2021 at 2:37 PM, miched said:

Don’t see the benefit   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Correct I don’t agree. Waiting to hear more and see you on board Jamie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Notalotofinfo said:

Correct I don’t agree. Waiting to hear more and see you on board Jamie

Well I agree with your agreement to disagree. 

Some of us are addicted to blogging and find it an enjoyable way of being forced to go out and finding answers to questions other have and have the CC community answer questions I'm unsure of.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

After my COVID test yesterday morning, I went for my pedicure, then headed home to pack. I now have everything packed except for a few personal hygiene items and the 360 camera with charger. My husband is still working on pulling the videos of our Breakaway sailing off the camera to free up space.

Prior to my solo sailing back in July, I learned about the magic of bundle packing. It has changed my packing style forever! I used to just roll my clothes, thinking I was being clever. But, no more! With bundle packing, I have learned that I can fit a truly insane amount of clothing into a single carry-on sized roller bag.

BEjTXy5KGzTK8w2igM0ImKIopOhSH9RMUU3YLFwQ

Laid out on the bed there are the follow items:

• 9 pairs of underwear
  • 11 pairs of socks
  • 4 bras
  • 9 camisoles
  • 4 long sleeve linen shirts
  • 2 cotton t-shirts
  • 2 moisture wicking t-shirts
  • 2 pairs of yoga pants
  • 1 pair of trail pants
  • 5 pairs of dress pants
  • 2 maxi dresses
  • 2 sweaters
  • 1 pair of slip shorts
  • 1 pair of shoes
  • 2 tankini tops
  • 2 pairs of swim shorts
  • 1 swim suit cover-up

And here they are all bundled to go into my suitcase:

DlVX57CaqIG-bteH6LZHY4DWwCv120JhocGQM2M9

And here is my slightly preggers-looking carry-on:

zzhJ7tvmLHh395oTLXqvwCK55MkCvvd2yVO9hZfy

If you want to learn more about how bundle packing works, here is my favorite video showing how to do it:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

If you want to learn more about how bundle packing works, here is my favorite video showing how to do it:

Wow!  Just watched your video on bundle packing.  No way I'll get my spouse to agree on helping me do our packing that way... so if you notice a couple (same sailing and in a suite) with too many bags and wearing wrinkled clothes, it's us!

Actually, since we live in Florida, we "specialize" in non wrinkle clothing... and keeping it simple on "chic" night.  😀

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

After my COVID test yesterday morning, I went for my pedicure, then headed home to pack. I now have everything packed except for a few personal hygiene items and the 360 camera with charger. My husband is still working on pulling the videos of our Breakaway sailing off the camera to free up space.

Prior to my solo sailing back in July, I learned about the magic of bundle packing. It has changed my packing style forever! I used to just roll my clothes, thinking I was being clever. But, no more! With bundle packing, I have learned that I can fit a truly insane amount of clothing into a single carry-on sized roller bag.

BEjTXy5KGzTK8w2igM0ImKIopOhSH9RMUU3YLFwQ

Laid out on the bed there are the follow items:

• 9 pairs of underwear
  • 11 pairs of socks
  • 4 bras
  • 9 camisoles
  • 4 long sleeve linen shirts
  • 2 cotton t-shirts
  • 2 moisture wicking t-shirts
  • 2 pairs of yoga pants
  • 1 pair of trail pants
  • 5 pairs of dress pants
  • 2 maxi dresses
  • 2 sweaters
  • 1 pair of slip shorts
  • 1 pair of shoes
  • 2 tankini tops
  • 2 pairs of swim shorts
  • 1 swim suit cover-up

And here they are all bundled to go into my suitcase:

DlVX57CaqIG-bteH6LZHY4DWwCv120JhocGQM2M9

And here is my slightly preggers-looking carry-on:

zzhJ7tvmLHh395oTLXqvwCK55MkCvvd2yVO9hZfy

OMG. I watched this and I'm amazed. My cruise is in 2 weeks. I will definately use this to pack. Thanks  @JamieLogical

45 minutes ago, colliercruiser said:

Wow!  Just watched your video on bundle packing.  No way I'll get my spouse to agree on helping me do our packing that way... so if you notice a couple (same sailing and in a suite) with too many bags and wearing wrinkled clothes, it's us!

Actually, since we live in Florida, we "specialize" in non wrinkle clothing... and keeping it simple on "chic" night.  😀

This is why my husband and I are responsible for our own packing! Actually, my husband is now a bundle convert, but he has me build his actual bundle for him. He just lays out everything he wants to go into the bundle and I work my magic. We do still have separate suit cases though.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Haha 1