So what do you think of the room switches on Seashore?

lynnber

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Friends of ours have had their (YC) cabin reassigned but we haven’t, either,  for the same sailing.  They’ve been allocated a different cabin to the one they booked, too, but they’re happy with the new location. 

We are still in Guarantee limbo with you!

I just went online to do mock booking to see if any cabins can be booked and I discovered I can cancel my B2B on 12/4 and rebook as 2 separate cruises for a huge savings.  I saved $900 and I had gotten an email on 11/9 saying they changed my port so I cancel if I don't like it.

Check your bookings

• Like 2

still in limbo for April 2:

• Stateroom: GUARANTEE
  • Type: Deluxe Interior ( Module 14-16 sqm - Decks 11-15 )
  • Experience: FANTASTICA - Better Deal

did a mock booking, and our former cabin IS available, while my parents' cabin just down the hall is not available.

I want us to be close and on the same deck (but not adjoining). Grrrr.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Don't give up hope!  I just got my room back for March 5th that I booked back over a year ago.  They still have time to mess it up, I'm sure, but it at least is a step closer to "meeting customer expectations."  There.  I said those three words in one sentence about MSC Customer Service!🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

Don't give up hope!  I just got my room back for March 5th that I booked back over a year ago.  They still have time to mess it up, I'm sure, but it at least is a step closer to "meeting customer expectations."  There.  I said those three words in one sentence about MSC Customer Service!🙃

We are still Guarantee on the same cruise as you.  Our first leg shows cabin unavailable but our second leg says it is available to book.  Not going to be happy if I have to switch cabins on the b2b!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JAGR said:

We’ve lost our H cabin and are now in a regular YIN.  This, coupled with the fact that we’re not being given the $100 OBC for the itinerary change, is a huge disappointment. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

So sorry to hear that! We are still waiting for our cabin to be assigned.

Cheers!   The frustrating thing is that there’s an H available which they could have given us on the same basis that it can be taken and given to someone who requires it.  Seems MSC is quite satisfied in disappointing (and infuriating) its customers.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Cheers!   The frustrating thing is that there’s an H available which they could have given us on the same basis that it can be taken and given to someone who requires it.  Seems MSC is quite satisfied in disappointing (and infuriating) its customers.  

I was told to call if I did not get the same type of cabin I had, try calling and telling them that you were in a H cabin and there is one available and you want to be placed in it. I was going to call yesterday but ran out of time but I will definitely be calling this morning.

1 minute ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I was told to call if I did not get the same type of cabin I had, try calling and telling them that you were in a H cabin and there is one available and you want to be placed in it. I was going to call yesterday but ran out of time but I will definitely be calling this morning.

I’ve just rung but the agent doesn’t have it in her power to swap cabins so she’s “escalated” it.  🙄

MSC UK aren’t as obliging as the US office when it comes to resolving issues.  Also, the H is available in the Germany office;  it may not be in the UK’s inventory, so they won’t be able to sort it if it’s not. 

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I’ve just rung but the agent doesn’t have it in her power to swap cabins so she’s “escalated” it.  🙄

MSC UK aren’t as obliging as the US office when it comes to resolving issues.  Also, the H is available in the Germany office;  it may not be in the UK’s inventory, so they won’t be able to sort it if it’s not. 

Too early to call here.  Yesterday our cabin was showing available on the second part of our cruise, the March 5th one (the Feb. 26th cabin was not available). I just looked and now  neither dates are showing our cabin as available.  I hope it is for us otherwise I am going to be pretty ticked off if someone else booked my cabin.  I will be even more ticked off if I have to switch cabins during the b2b. Grrrrrrr🤬

The irony is that nobody could have booked our allotted cabins while the system was down for overhauling, so why aren’t they still available??

DH is furious with them and has said no more booking MSC.  We had to fight them for the OBC we were entitled to on our last cruise as it was a Voyagers’ Selection one;   we’re being denied the $100 OBC for the itinerary change that everyone else on our next sailing is getting;  and now they’ve basically downgraded us by allocating a much smaller cabin than we had booked.  Not a good way to treat regular customers! 

Edited by Beamafar

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

The irony is that nobody could have booked our allotted cabins while the system was down for overhauling, so why aren’t they still available??

DH is furious with them and has said no more booking MSC.  We had to fight them for the OBC we were entitled to on our last cruise as it was a Voyagers’ Selection one;   we’re being denied the $100 OBC for the itinerary change that everyone else on our next sailing is getting;  and now they’ve basically downgraded us by allocating a much smaller cabin than we had booked.  Not a good way to treat regular customers! 

I completely understand! Our last cruise on the Seaside was suppose to be 4 weeks.  Somehow MSC messed up the last week cruise (did not apply discount, then lost it, then said oops too bad). We said cancel, was going through too many headaches.  We really enjoyed the 3 weeks we had on her but sometimes trying to get MSC to correct their mistakes is worse than gnawing your own arm off!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

We’ve lost our H cabin and are now in a regular YIN.  This, coupled with the fact that we’re not being given the $100 OBC for the itinerary change, is a huge disappointment. 

Sorry on both counts!  Maybe things will change in a positive way soon.

12 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Sorry on both counts!  Maybe things will change in a positive way soon.

Thanks, J.   Trying to keep a bit of perspective on it.  This time 2 years ago DH was ill and we didn’t know it was heart trouble and that he had cancer.  Now he’s over both and is in rude good health, so these issues are extremely minor in the great scheme of things.

Was just looking forward to enjoying the larger H cabin so am disappointed on that score.  However, we’ve spent a total of 30 nights in a YIN and had a blast so we won’t let this let-down impact our overall enjoyment.  If it’s half as good as our recent Seashore experience it’ll be fantastic.   What’s more - we’ll have the extra benefit of being in YC, so we’re very grateful for what we’ve got and where we’re at.  👍

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Beamafar,

Email me off board I may be able to help or offer you some insight.

My email is on one of the several spreadsheets roll call below in my signature.