So what do you think of the room switches on Seashore?

lynnber

So our party of 16 for the November 20th sailing have all just looked at our bookings and have different cabin numbers than originally booked. In most cases, I guess it's an upgrade - but moving from a Bella on 9 to a Fantastica on 13 doesn't seem that big of a deal. In some cases, we're much further than we were from the elevators/lifts. In other cases, they had a comfy inside handicapped and now have a smaller Fantastica inside cabin. 8 cabins have all changed, and in most cases it's less convenient that what we originally booked. What do you think is the reason for this? And if we went from a Bella to a Fantastica cabin will there actually be benefits? Most everyone in our group is sort of pissed at the changes, so what, exactly are the advantages?

Not happy at all here.  Our cruise is not until Feb./Mar. and we have been moved from a cabin we specifically picked to a Guarantee cabin.  I was told we would receive a similar cabin but after your post I wonder about that.  Supposedly they are going to have our cabins assigned in a couple of days. I hope so because final payment is the end of the month and would like to know my cabin before I commit to this cruise.

• Like 1

We are due to depart on the 21st December on Seaview we lost our booked cabin on deck 11 fantastica experience and they have put us on deck 5 in a Bella cabin as you can imagine we are not happy at all and trying to get them to change, which they have said the ship is full which we know is a lie as we can book cabin and so can our TA. Our TA is battling it out with them 🙄

Apparently what we have also been told is that we keep the fantastica experience you don't get the difference experience benefits even if they move your cabin. 

Edited by Lovestotravel81

8 hours ago, lynnber said:

So our party of 16 for the November 20th sailing have all just looked at our bookings and have different cabin numbers than originally booked. In most cases, I guess it's an upgrade - but moving from a Bella on 9 to a Fantastica on 13 doesn't seem that big of a deal. In some cases, we're much further than we were from the elevators/lifts. In other cases, they had a comfy inside handicapped and now have a smaller Fantastica inside cabin. 8 cabins have all changed, and in most cases it's less convenient that what we originally booked. What do you think is the reason for this? And if we went from a Bella to a Fantastica cabin will there actually be benefits? Most everyone in our group is sort of pissed at the changes, so what, exactly are the advantages?

Check back on November 15th.  MSC is recategorizing its cabins. At that time all guests cabins are suppose to go back to their original ones.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lovestotravel81 said:

We are due to depart on the 21st December on Seaview we lost our booked cabin on deck 11 fantastica experience and they have put us on deck 5 in a Bella cabin as you can imagine we are not happy at all and trying to get them to change, which they have said the ship is full which we know is a lie as we can book cabin and so can our TA. Our TA is battling it out with them 🙄

Apparently what we have also been told is that we keep the fantastica experience you don't get the difference experience benefits even if they move your cabin. 

If you have paid for a Fantastica Balcony cabin then you are entitled to be in one, they cannot downgrade you to Bella and still expect the same price.

48 minutes ago, KyleClark said:

Check back on November 15th.  MSC is recategorizing its cabins. At that time all guests cabins are suppose to go back to their original ones.  

My selected stateroom was changed to Guarantee and different stateroom has been assigned this week..

MSC Seashore 12-18-2021 Miami

Yacht Club Grand Suite

10-29-21 : Stateroom changed from confirmed.. cabin on deck 19 (port side) to Guarantee 

11-10-21 : Stateroom assign.. new cabin on deck 19 (starboard side)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lynnber said:

We’re on the 20th sailing, too, and our YC cabin that I carefully chose 8 months ago was taken away and we were moved 2 floors up to a room under the pool deck. Even though I booked with a TA, I called MSC myself and explained that I wanted to be back on the 16th deck that I had originally selected.  She couldn’t get me into my original room, but was able to move us back to 16 into a bigger room only a few doors down from my original room. The best time to call is when they first open. Yesterday, I did a mock booking for our sailing on my TA’s website and there seems to be tons of rooms available. It might be worth your time to give them a call.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidari said:

If you have paid for a Fantastica Balcony cabin then you are entitled to be in one, they cannot downgrade you to Bella and still expect the same price.

This is what we are saying to them but all we get is that is what MSC do its in the terms and conditions, so I have said yes in our contract with yourselves we have also booked and paid for a cabin in a fantastica experience so if you aren't able to accommodate this we want a refund. The argument continues 🙄

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

We were moved from deck 11 to deck 5, both Interior Bella.  Found a Int Bella cabin available on 10 through new booking and called to have it switched.  Was done in 2 minutes.

This is good to hear they are being awkward with us its untrue 

26 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

but the new bookings on our April 2022 sailing are all guarantee, so I can't see what's open and what's not.

Exactly.  When they're only selling guarantees, there's not much you can do.  Just keep watching because they fluctuate back and forth with cabins and guarantees.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lovestotravel81 said:

This is what we are saying to them but all we get is that is what MSC do its in the terms and conditions, so I have said yes in our contract with yourselves we have also booked and paid for a cabin in a fantastica experience so if you aren't able to accommodate this we want a refund. The argument continues 🙄

Upgrade Yes, Downgrade No. They cannot charge you for Fantastica and give you Bella, that is not in their terms and conditions. Sounds like your TA is dealing with Idiots at MSC.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, sidari said:

Upgrade Yes, Downgrade No. They cannot charge you for Fantastica and give you Bella, that is not in their terms and conditions. Sounds like your TA is dealing with Idiots at MSC.

They are the people they have spoken to just arent being helpful in any way at all. I called our TA again yesterday and its been escalated to a senior manger as they also feel this is totally unacceptable and unfair the person they got  at MSC was actually helpful  this time but did say they can't do anything until this IT thing has been completed today. 

On 11/13/2021 at 8:35 AM, sidari said:

Yes they can. If you don't like it, they will tell you to cancel.

My YC GS was downgraded to a deck 8 balcony cabin with no reduction in price.

Steve

21 hours ago, sidari said:

It is in their T&C.  They can do whatever they want period.  Trying to keep pushing this "they can't downgrade you" rhetoric is just that. It is not factual.

I personally had it happen, I hired a lawyer, and in the end I got screwed because they can do anything they want for "operational purposes" as stated in the T&C.

You can't even really take them to court because any judgement per T&C is capped at $9000

You also are not allowed attorney fee's

You are also only entitled to actual damages so the difference between Fantastica and Bella is $170 per person.

The they can't downgrade you myth is just like the , take a ships excursion and the ship will wait. Total BS, have first hand knowledge of that happening on a Scuba excursion in Mexico with CCL.

16 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes they can. If you don't like it, they will tell you to cancel.

My YC GS was downgraded to a deck 8 balcony cabin with no reduction in price.

Steve

More fool you if you accepted that, Consumer laws in the UK and Europe are somewhat different to the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidari said:

More fool you if you accepted that, Consumer laws in the UK and Europe are somewhat different to the US.

I cancelled and have been a pain in their butt and I will not stop.  They get to deal with me for a B2B in 20 days and this will be my first chance to get to speak to someone face to face. I still have been calling every 4 days and a supervisor will get a hold of me with in 48-72 hours.

Then in February and a B2B in March, I will be in YC so having a dedicated concierge will be a great benefit.

But fear not, in the event of a disagreement, they will offer to remove the daily service charges from current and future cruises. This is 1st hand knowledge as it has happened with me.

• Like 1

Just went to see if we were assigned a cabin yet since it is the 15th and we are still in a Guarantee.  Tried to do a mock booking, we are on a b2b booked as one cruise and if I do a mock booking as one cruise then our cabin is not available but and a big BUT if I book the two cruises separately, our cabin on the second cruise is available to book. 

Too early to call MSC right now but I am not happy at all! I picked a specific cabin and I want the cabin I picked months ago!  Can't call until this afternoon but can't wait to see what hogwash they give us today.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:19 AM, Lovestotravel81 said:

They are the people they have spoken to just arent being helpful in any way at all. I called our TA again yesterday and its been escalated to a senior manger as they also feel this is totally unacceptable and unfair the person they got  at MSC was actually helpful  this time but did say they can't do anything until this IT thing has been completed today. 

Ahhh, escalated.  That is MSC code for they put your issue in trash can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Just went to see if we were assigned a cabin yet since it is the 15th and we are still in a Guarantee.  Tried to do a mock booking, we are on a b2b booked as one cruise and if I do a mock booking as one cruise then our cabin is not available but and a big BUT if I book the two cruises separately, our cabin on the second cruise is available to book. 

Too early to call MSC right now but I am not happy at all! I picked a specific cabin and I want the cabin I picked months ago!  Can't call until this afternoon but can't wait to see what hogwash they give us today.

Friends of ours have had their (YC) cabin reassigned but we haven’t, either,  for the same sailing.  They’ve been allocated a different cabin to the one they booked, too, but they’re happy with the new location. 

• Like 3