OMG!! WE GOT IT!!

gsosings

44 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

You never know - you just may get it.  I bid the minimum for a solo JS two months ago and got it.  Good luck to you.  

Took a chance.  Nothing to lose.

Just wondering, if I'm lucky to get whatever suite and traveling solo, do I earn 6 points.☺️

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Took a chance.  Nothing to lose.

Just wondering, if I'm lucky to get whatever suite and traveling solo, do I earn 6 points.☺️

20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Only if your original cabin was a JS or better.  

Only if you booked your cruise by September 30, 2021 AND your original booking was a JS or higher.

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Same here.  Since I'm traveling solo and in a balcony cabin on Mariner Dec. 4 sail, I was invited to bid up and bid (X2) a low amount.  No expectations.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Only if you booked your cruise by September 30, 2021 AND your original booking was a JS or higher.

So, no.  Plus you will pay twice whatever your winning bid is.

21 hours ago, gsosings said:

Freedom of the Seas, 11/15 sailing.. had a Jr. Suite booked.. Literally 48 hours before we board.. 

received this email:

Congratulations.. Your RoyalUp bid for a stateroom upgrade has been accepted.

You have been upgraded to the Owner's Suite stateroom

We've been looking forward to our 1st cruise back from covid, but now we are now EXCITED BEYOND ALL REASON!!!

Keep the faith - ya never know!!

Many Congrats on your upgrade!

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

economically comparable to the upgrade cost?

Since you have NO IDEA what he paid for his original cabin OR how much he paid for the RoyalUp, your comment is based in "fantasy".

Have received RoyalUP bid emails on full suites on virtually every cruise we book (DW won't sail in any category below  JS), and have rarely seen a minimum bid amount less than $400 PP for any full suite category - and usually more likely to be $600-$800PP for an Owner's Suite. For an additional $800-$1200 one could purchase both the UDP and the Drinks packages a la carte and have $$ left over. It doesn't make any difference how much one pays for their original cabin if the incremental cost to upgrade is more than what it would have cost to purchase all of the perks they wanted a la carte.

BTW, we always bid on upgrades from a JS to a full suite if we are sailing on an Oasis or Quantum class ship. 

Edited by orville99

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Have received RoyalUP bid emails on full suites on virtually every cruise we book (DW won't sail in any category below  JS), and have rarely seen a minimum bid amount less than $400 PP for any full suite category - and usually more likely to be $600-$800PP for an Owner's Suite. For an additional $800-$1200 one could purchase both the UDP and the Drinks packages a la carte and have $$ left over. It doesn't make any difference how much one pays for their original cabin if the incremental cost to upgrade is more than what it would have cost to purchase all of the perks they wanted a la carte.

BTW, we always bid on upgrades from a JS to a full suite if we are sailing on an Oasis or Quantum class ship. 

Some people may care about the room itself and not only the perks. There are several variables and different people care about different things. For example, your wife refusing to sail unless it's a junior suite. To me, that's wasteful and not worth the extra cost and I would not have the patience to travel with someone with such frivolous demands. But you enjoy it and that's perfectly fine because it does not effect anyone else 🤷

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It doesn't make any difference how much one pays for their original cabin if the incremental cost to upgrade is more than what it would have cost to purchase all of the perks they wanted a la carte.

Some put a value on the extra square footage. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zanydoc said:

May I ask what your accepted I’d was?

We actually had two bids in..

Royal Suite for $1,450 ea. and the Owner's Suite for $650 each

Those were the max allowable and we wanted either one that came thru!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, goldengirl said:

Where do you go to bid on these suites? Can we ask how much it cost you? Enjoy

You should get an email from RCI for opportunity to do a "RoyalUp" bid..

ours came about a month before sail date.. we bid max $1,300 for two

18 hours ago, brillohead said:

Wow, do you really get your thrills by pissing in someone else's Wheaties?  

OP -- I'm still waiting to hear when the party is in your room next week!

How many are you?  Do any of you have unlimited drinks?? 🤣

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, orville99 said:

Just pointing out reality to a poster who believes in fantasy. The reality is that the additional perks you get on a Freedom class ship are nowhere economically comparable to the upgrade cost. Other than the additional room, you really don't get anything that equates to the upgrade cost.

"Fantasy"?? Gee.. thanks for your expert input 🙄  I am generally a grounded realist. I do have many other 'fantasies' in my life - NONE of which have anything to do with this upgrade. 

They generally revolve around my 4 kids and 9 grandkids.

Enjoy your day

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Crapster said:

Would love to know the sweet spot you won on?

Do you mind sharing what your winning bid was that got accepted? 

don't mind at all - we bid the max ($650 each) because we WANTED IT!

(we also bid $1,450 ea. for the Royal Suite for the same reason!)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Congratulations !  The OS is awesome even on non-O/Q class ships.  The room is enormous and you will have a full dining table and chairs plus you can order complimentary room service.  Great upgrade. Have a wonderful cruise in your OS.

Thank you! We appreciate you "knowing us" 😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Don't be a Debbie Downer.  They'll get more than they would in a JS.  Many people, for example, are VERY happy that they can get MDR meals delivered to their suites during meal times.  They get free room service deliveries.  They get unlimited - not voucher-based - drinks in the SL during Happy Hours.  And no more pesky Pinnacles bothering them there.  😉 

Wow.. Thanks you! it's almost like you actually knew that we knew what we were thinking!! 

Appreciate your comments!😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Congratulations !  The OS is awesome even on non-O/Q class ships.  The room is enormous and you will have a full dining table and chairs plus you can order complimentary room service.  Great upgrade. Have a wonderful cruise in your OS.

Thanks!  While we are thrilled with this upgrade, we will be looking for more in the near future.

Hoefully next time we get what we call the "Piano Suite" 😄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Congrats to you.  I've got offers in 5 different suites on our upcoming Liberty cruise.  I hope we're as lucky.

Keep the faith!  Ours came 48 hrs. before sailing.  I did check each day to see what cabins were left to book - one OS was left for actual booking for $4,300 - and that was the one we got!

• Like 1