Cruise Ships Excursions

ED49404

What is the latest policy on cruise ship excursions???  Is it cruise ship excursions only or can we start booking private excursions???  We have a cruise scheduled for Feb 2022 and would like to start booking excursion before everything start to fill up.

Thank you in advance.

35 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

What is the latest policy on cruise ship excursions???  Is it cruise ship excursions only or can we start booking private excursions???  We have a cruise scheduled for Feb 2022 and would like to start booking excursion before everything start to fill up.

Thank you in advance.

Probably too early for anything definitive for February yet. Best to keep checking Royal Caribbean website for updates - current protocols released this week and so far -

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2813065-grandeur-barbados-protocols-released/#comment-62146325

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

Celebrity's websites states "

**Vaccinated guests only are approved to debark and tour the restricted port shopping area, as well as take a local government approved tour of the island." the question is how do we know what's a local government approved tour?

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 7:51 PM, viking30 said:

So I read the link above, thank you. But it is confusing. So can I book a local tour online through a local company before I go or do I have to wait and book from the local operator in the enclosed port area? (this is how it is worded)

I would just confirm that the tour operator will give you a refund if you are unable to tour independently.  I doubt that any will give you a problem with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a catamaran booked for January 24.  They contacted me to say they could not takes cruise passengers.  BUT I have now been contacted again to say MAYBE after January 1 things might change,  It appears they are working with the government to become "approved".    Maybe schedule with them and get your name on a list.   We had put down a 50% deposit that will be returned if it cannot happen.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Froufie said:

How would you know if a tour company is 'government approved'?  Would hate to find out the hard way upon returning to the ship?

Check their website or contact them directly for information and status that could change depending on when you'll be traveling.

47 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Check their website or contact them directly for information and status that could change depending on when you'll be traveling.

website doesn't really 'explain' the definition - and yes status can change - which is why I am trying to get more details in case I can book an independent tour! 🙂

• 1 month later...