Drink vouchers still show if you book the drink package?

coaster

Booked in January for Jewel. Just turned Diamond. Have 4 solo cabins booked for us due to no single supplement when we booked. In-laws are going also, but not a factor as they are not Diamond. Planning on buying one drink package for my solo cabin or my wife's. Will share the 4 drinks per Diamond member if possible. Will they load 4 free drinks on each card even though one of us will have the drink package?

Edited by coaster

10 minutes ago, coaster said:

Booked in January for Jewel. Just turned Diamond. Have 4 solo cabins booked for us due to no single supplement when we booked. In-laws are going also, but not a factor as they are not Diamond. Planning on buying one drink package for my solo cabin or my wife's. Will share the 4 drinks per Diamond member if possible. Will they load 4 free drinks on each card even though one of us will have the drink package?

The eight drinks on both cards a shareable.  One gets unlimited the other 8.. Sharing with in-laws with DL vouchers is permitted. 

• Like 1

Not planning on sharing our Diamond drinks with in-laws. I was just thinking one of us Diamond members (Wife and I) might not get the 4 drink vouchers per person if only one of us books the beverage package.

Edited by coaster

2 hours ago, coaster said:

Not planning on sharing our Diamond drinks with in-laws. I was just thinking one of us Diamond members (Wife and I) might not get the 4 drink vouchers per person if only one of us books the beverage package.

Drink package has no bearing on drink vouchers; C&A status is only determining factor. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, coaster said:

Since you're both in solo rooms there's no obligation for both of you to get a drink package.  As someone mentioned above, your Diamond vouchers will be viewable along with the other Diamond perks (50% off one beer or wine, etc...).  The only difference between the vouchers and the package is the vouchers are shareable, while the package is not.  Hope this helps.

I'm planning to make my son use his Diamond drink vouchers to get me cocktails when we sail in January.  😂  Of course, I am paying for his and his girlfriend's drink packages! 

They are in one cabin and will have drink packages.  My mom and I are in another cabin and will not have packages.  I am Diamond+, so between my 5 vouchers and son's 4 vouchers daily, along with other drink coupons, we should be set!  (Mom doesn't drink much, maybe one or two a day.)  The only trick, of course, is the kids have to be around for us to use son's.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Make no assumptions until you meet them.  😉 

Great comment! They are ok. Father in-law is getting picky with his food choices as he gets older which made me say I would never travel with him again after our last cruise with him on Rhapsody. Only likes shrimp now and no chicken or red meat. It was against my better judgement to invite them, but father in-law said if we ever book a cruise to San Juan, let him know. Mother in-law has recently battered cancer and is doing much better. I love them both!

Edited by coaster