Immediately Post Holiday Cruise & 48 Hr Covid Testing Requirements

Cruisegoer

I'm considering taking a January 2 cruise and while it's not a Holiday cruise the 48 hour window to test prior to cruise would be New Year's Eve and New Year's Day so I'm led to believe that many testing facilities and test processing centers will either be closed or operating on a severely reduced schedule/workforce.  Do you think there would be much option beside the E-med Abbott BinaxNow tests? Even still finding someone to view the testing could be tricky, no?

Anyone else out there have suggestions?

My last test was covered by insurance and was at an urgent care facility. This one is open everyday including holidays and had well over 1000 rapid tests in stock. YMMV. Call some that are associated with hospitals and/or universities.

The Binax proctor test monitors are supposed to be available 24x7.

You need to contact your local test centers and pharmacies and city/county health agencies to find out what is open in your area.  Every state and many times every county is different.

If nothing is open per what you find out , not assume, then order the BINAX NOW proctored test.

Also on a 1/2 cruise and thinking the same ... worried that CVS would get cancelled or results would not be before we fly out early am on 1/1.  I think we are just going to get the Binax tests to be sure.

3 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Do you think there would be much option beside the E-med Abbott BinaxNow tests? Even still finding someone to view the testing could be tricky, no?

Its not up to you to find someone to view the testing they provide that as part of the kit purchase.

53 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Its not up to you to find someone to view the testing they provide that as part of the kit purchase.

So you don't have to schedule a date and time for the at home test being taken to be monitored? You just open the box and click a link on your phone and go?

2 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

So you don't have to schedule a date and time for the at home test being taken to be monitored? You just open the box and click a link on your phone and go?

Don't need an appointment time, but I believe you need to wait until the Proctor tells you to open the box. I'm sure someone who has used then will correct me if I'm wrong.

8 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

You just open the box and click a link on your phone and go?

No No No - Do NOT open the box

BIG Notice on the BOX "Do Not open until instructed"

Opening the box invalidates the test.

You can use your phone, your iPad, your laptop, or your Desktop computer.

13 hours ago, grammymarcia said:

Don't need an appointment time, but I believe you need to wait until the Proctor tells you to open the box. I'm sure someone who has used then will correct me if I'm wrong.

My point was that finding an available Proctor on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day may be challenging.

4 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

My point was that finding an available Proctor on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day may be challenging.

It's hard to know ahead of time. But they do advertise their service as 24/7 so in theory, someone should be working. I would attempt the test as early as you can so if you have to sit on hold awhile waiting for someone to become available you have the time too. Could use an urgent care as a backup.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

It's hard to know ahead of time. But they do advertise their service as 24/7 so in theory, someone should be working. I would attempt the test as early as you can so if you have to sit on hold awhile waiting for someone to become available you have the time too. Could use an urgent care as a backup.

We did the test a few minutes after midnight and the proctor came on right away.  And, since the proctors are around the world, time of day and holiday celebrations may be different.  In any case, we were completely done with results in hand within half an hour.

• Like 1