Best Price Guarantee

FionaL91

Our room type is approx £1,100 cheaper in the current sale, however we’ve been told that as our sailing is June 2022 we’re not covered by best price guarantee and would need to cancel and rebook, losing our deposit, current reservations and extra OBC. Looking at other threads it seems that there is a way to just have the price adjusted on the final invoice. Just trying to understand before we go back to celebrity why our cruise may not be covered by the guarantee as I wasn’t aware there was a time limit. Can anyone shed any light?

The price guarantee you are referring to is under the Cruise With Confidence program.  That program is available on sailings through 5/4/2022.   So your sailing doesn't apply.

The original best price guarantee is available but that is way more restrictive.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The price guarantee you are referring to is under the Cruise With Confidence program.  That program is available on sailings through 5/4/2022.   So your sailing doesn't apply.

The original best price guarantee is available but that is way more restrictive.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

Is this valid for the UK and other non-US countries where one may be booking from?

bon voyage

The 5/4 date is definitely an issue with their cruise date and CwC which is valid in UK.  I'm not sure about the old Best Price Guarantee program.  In the US when you are in a penalty phase you only have 48 hrs from booking so I assume the old program wouldn't be of any use to them in the UK either.  But it gives them something to search for on the UK site.

15 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Is this valid for the UK and other non-US countries where one may be booking from?

bon voyage

No it is not. UK t&c’s outside of Cruise with Confidence mean no price adjustments or refundable deposits. Only option is to cancel and rebook accepting the penalties that go with it. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FionaL91 said:

Our room type is approx £1,100 cheaper in the current sale, however we’ve been told that as our sailing is June 2022 we’re not covered by best price guarantee and would need to cancel and rebook, losing our deposit, current reservations and extra OBC.

Just wondering - are you able to change the cabin under 'Manage Reservation' and pick a cheaper cabin in the same category? Or maybe if not, perhaps you can upgrade without paying any more? 

27 minutes ago, isdoo said:

Just wondering - are you able to change the cabin under 'Manage Reservation' and pick a cheaper cabin in the same category? Or maybe if not, perhaps you can upgrade without paying any more? 

Just about to say the same re upgrading…

18 hours ago, FionaL91 said:

Our room type is approx £1,100 cheaper in the current sale, however we’ve been told that as our sailing is June 2022 we’re not covered by best price guarantee and would need to cancel and rebook, losing our deposit, current reservations and extra OBC. Looking at other threads it seems that there is a way to just have the price adjusted on the final invoice. Just trying to understand before we go back to celebrity why our cruise may not be covered by the guarantee as I wasn’t aware there was a time limit. Can anyone shed any light?

hi - we missed out on a price drop as well - i asked our contact at celebrity to reduce the cost of our cruise on 15th May 2022 as price had dropped but she said it was outside the CWC timeline - i did check terms and she was correct unfortunately

I managed to change a Beyond sailing September 2022 but was given the discount as a 'favour'. I had just booked another cruise on the same call. Called back when the price dropped again and was told 'no' as past May 22. 

On another occasion I tried to change a sailing on Silhouette in the Spring. I was told 'no' so I cancelled the cruise and used that deposit for FCC which I eventually attached to the Beyond sailing. I then rebooked for a great saving on the US site (with added anxiety and worry about currency fluctuations).

It is a bit of a headache with all the price drops  etc. Best not to look if you live in the UK.

On 11/19/2021 at 9:35 AM, hawkesbaynz said:

I managed to change a Beyond sailing September 2022 but was given the discount as a 'favour'. I had just booked another cruise on the same call. Called back when the price dropped again and was told 'no' as past May 22. 

On another occasion I tried to change a sailing on Silhouette in the Spring. I was told 'no' so I cancelled the cruise and used that deposit for FCC which I eventually attached to the Beyond sailing. I then rebooked for a great saving on the US site (with added anxiety and worry about currency fluctuations).

It is a bit of a headache with all the price drops  etc. Best not to look if you live in the UK.

Did you have a refundable deposit?

On 11/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, jagoffee said:

The dates are shown in the large print. Hidden in plain site.

Well, that may depend on the site you are looking at. On the German site it doesn’t show any end date at all, however there is a link „to read on“ which redirects you to the US site. There you may finde the end date (in English language only, which could be a legal opener for complains). Best is however, on the top of the US Site it says (when you open it from Germany) that all offerings etc. on this site my be not applicable for Germany and you should go to the German website…….

however, They also refused to give us an additional OBC as advertised for Black Friday, when our sales agent asked for it, as the start day is after the end date of the promotion. After we complained, they came back and said, we do not qualify for the best price, because of too late start date, however the additional OBC would not be a best price issue but a promotion and yes we do qualify for that. !?!?

I am sure, we will find a useful way to spend this OBC ;-)

• Thanks 1