Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales??? Anyone know

VacationCharlene

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Not always, I was checking one of our cruises: this it what it says - and the "crew appreciation" is $100 per person.

2022918546_ScreenShot2021-11-23at12_59_39PM.thumb.jpeg.13d23a5d351a83dd76e64ad9132d55c7.jpeg

I called the regular HAL number and was told it is the total amount of gratuities for each day of the cruise.  He said "it is worded poorly."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Just got the Free Gratuities added to both my Nieuw Statendam cruises without losing anything I already booked. And for one of them the final payment date is tomorrow! Saved over $1000. Happy dance..... 🙂 

Our TA got us the free gratuities added today too, a very nice surprise! Happy Dance! 

• Like 2

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

I called this afternoon to see if I save anything for our last 2 weeks and we saved a teeny bit. We had prepaid the crew incentive and HAL says we can't get it back. Bummer.. 

That does'nt sound right to ME.  I would cancel the gratuities you PRE-PAID  and then have them add the free ones.  Unless you were past final payment. I would call again and get another answer.   Glad you saved some money 🙂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VacationCharlene said:

That does'nt sound right to ME.  I would cancel the gratuities you PRE-PAID  and then have them add the free ones.  Unless you were past final payment. I would call again and get another answer.   Glad you saved some money 🙂 

We are past final. Sail Dec 12th for 3 weeks  then Jan and 2 weeks. If we cancel and rebook there are penalties. 

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Our PCC rebooked all of our cruises today except a 2023 and we saved a bundle.

Is our PCC a dud?  He’s been there well over 10 years but has told me twice now the fare has gone up so much he can’t add wifi.  I see others like you are saving so I’m jealous!

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

Is our PCC a dud?  He’s been there well over 10 years but has told me twice now the fare has gone up so much he can’t add wifi.  I see others like you are saving so I’m jealous!

I think it really depends on the itinerary.  Since yours is a long and special one I’m not surprised it has gone up so much. I hear no a lot too and my cruises aren’t unique but I like them.  I’m also still working with plenty of deadlines so that isn’t helpful either in terms of being able to go any time I please.

5 minutes ago, whirlybird3 said:

Interesting wording ($US value 100 per person). So, on a 10 day cruise, I would receive $200 off on a 10 day voyage leaving me to pay $90.00.  Is this correct? 

The crew incentive (no matter WHAT they're calling it now! LOL) is covered by the sale. Completely. I have two cruises booked, a 21 day and a 10 day. They are both covered by the Black Friday sale.

Edited by canadarocks
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I think it really depends on the itinerary.  Since yours is a long and special one I’m not surprised it has gone up so much. I hear no a lot too and my cruises aren’t unique but I like them.  I’m also still working with plenty of deadlines so that isn’t helpful either in terms of being able to go any time I please.

Wifi would be so easy of a gesture to add in my opinion but they don’t do that, lol.  It’s a long and very expensive cruise for us.  No way we could afford a suite this time so are in a VA cabin which is fine.  

We also still aren’t confident flying or cruising yet which drives me crazy as I’m itching to go. Saved money during pandemic and want to spend it 😂. We can cruise anytime under normal circumstances except summer when Mr Bear fishes to stock our freezer for winter.

I’m glad you’re cruising when you can fit it in.  It has helped me cope reading all the “live” threads.  

52 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Wifi would be so easy of a gesture to add in my opinion but they don’t do that, lol.  It’s a long and very expensive cruise for us.  No way we could afford a suite this time so are in a VA cabin which is fine.  

We also still aren’t confident flying or cruising yet which drives me crazy as I’m itching to go. Saved money during pandemic and want to spend it 😂. We can cruise anytime under normal circumstances except summer when Mr Bear fishes to stock our freezer for winter.

I’m glad you’re cruising when you can fit it in.  It has helped me cope reading all the “live” threads.  

It was a tough decision for me.  I doubted for so long my cruise would be a go.  It took a long time to find health insurance.  I’m either booking premium economy or business flights because I don’t want to be sitting 2 inches from someone.  I told I friend that I was scared to death to go.  After some encouragement from a colleague and reading Victoriaann’s live from I thought if she can do it, I can do it.  I hadn’t left the city for two years and had very little time off.  I’m so glad I went because if I can’t go again for a while at least I have the memory of sitting on my balcony seeing the most beautiful sunrise or enjoying the calmness of sitting in my cabana on a beautiful sunny day with calm water just relaxing.  It was so worth pushing pushing through it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whirlybird3 said:

What is CREW APPRECIATION (US$100 value per person)?  Is this the complimentary gratuities? 

My PCC said the $100 is not combinable with

the early booking bonus offer on the 2023 cruises. We got $100 each for the early booking but you get one or the other. 

On a new booking for 2023 we did receive full crew incentive. Confusing for all!

5 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It was a tough decision for me.  I doubted for so long my cruise would be a go.  It took a long time to find health insurance.  I’m either booking premium economy or business flights because I don’t want to be sitting 2 inches from someone.  I told I friend that I was scared to death to go.  After some encouragement from a colleague and reading Victoriaann’s live from I thought if she can do it, I can do it.  I hadn’t left the city for two years and had very little time off.  I’m so glad I went because if I can’t go again for a while at least I have the memory of sitting on my balcony seeing the most beautiful sunrise or enjoying the calmness of sitting in my cabana on a beautiful sunny day with calm water just relaxing.  It was so worth pushing pushing through it.

We should have been on the cruise with VictOriann but cancelled.  We had such an awesome roll call until HAL changed ships 3X for us etc.  I loved following her cruise and pretended we were on it.  Just like yours-such familiar photos of cruise food and the ships.  

I do feel blessed we at least spent 2 weeks on the Oosterdam before Covid hit.   Once we feel comfortable flying we will head to Quebec to see 2 of our grandkids.  Would be great if we did that then headed to Ft Lauderdale for a Caribbean top up!   I’m dreaming….but dreams can come true! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

We should have been on the cruise with VictOriann but cancelled.  We had such an awesome roll call until HAL changed ships 3X for us etc.  I loved following her cruise and pretended we were on it.  Just like yours-such familiar photos of cruise food and the ships.  

I do feel blessed we at least spent 2 weeks on the Oosterdam before Covid hit.   Once we feel comfortable flying we will head to Quebec to see 2 of our grandkids.  Would be great if we did that then headed to Ft Lauderdale for a Caribbean top up!   I’m dreaming….but dreams can come true! 

That sounds perfect!  I hope you do it.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all!  Our fabulous PCC was able to add the Pre-Paid Crew Appreciation Promo to our booking (didn't have to cancel & rebook), as well as the reduced deposit but we had already paid the regular deposit....wonder how that will be reflected.

Edited by 57redbird
edit
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Thank you all!  Our fabulous PCC was able to add the Pre-Paid Crew Appreciation Promo to our booking (didn't have to cancel & rebook), as well as the reduced deposit but we had already paid the regular deposit....wonder how that will be reflected.

I want to switch to your PCC!  I booked under the old HIA and asked for the wifi to be added but was told no 😒

5 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I want to switch to your PCC!  I booked under the old HIA and asked for the wifi to be added but was told no 😒

We didn't book the HIA to start with & all I asked was could he add the grats to the booking.

Hmm, this BF promotion does not seem to apply to us Aussies. I can access the links to the promotion on the HAL website but they skip to another page after a second or two which then shows the HIA and See You Soon promotions only. Tried a dummy booking  for April and October 2022 Trans Atlantics which we have already booked and only get these promotions as well with no mention of gratuities being included. Have put in a call to our TA but given we are ahead of USA time I suspect this BF promotion is not coming our way.