Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales??? Anyone know

VacationCharlene

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Hal just usually hikes up the price to compensate for their deals.

We  will find out Tuesday  . If it is not worth the effort we will stay put 

4 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don't see anyone asking you for the TA.  Shortly the price will be seen on the Hal website.  Is there a big rush?

Our 18 night Hawaii booking ,the gratuities  are about $540   & we had added Club Orange at $540  tp go from a VH to a VA  handicap .  This black Friday sale would  need to be  a better deal than what we paid  + the $1080 added  .We will be doing the math tomorrow ; as well as getting the handicap cabin 

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

We  will find out Tuesday  . If it is not worth the effort we will stay put 

Our 18 night Hawaii booking ,the gratuities  are about $540   & we had added Club Orange at $540  tp go from a VH to a VA  handicap .  This black Friday sale would  need to be  a better deal than what we paid  + the $1080 added  .We will be doing the math tomorrow ; as well as getting the handicap cabin 

If you do go for it you might want to make sure you won’t lose your stateroom in the process.  I have a cruise booked that looks like it will be on the  “sale” .  I can’t imagine it will be worth my while and I will lose my air if I cancel.  I might be able to get it back, I might not.

Just looked through the Black Friday sales, and it's $40 cheaper for my inside room on a 7-night Vancouver roundtrip on the Koningsdam, and $100 cheaper for my verandah room.  However, my deal through the big box TA was still a better deal because of the value of the cash cards I get at the end of sailing.

However, I am tempted by a 7-day Southern Caribbean cruise in spring break 2023 - but the Alaska cruise is not just my first Holland cruise, but my first cruise period (I won't even know if I liked the ship, the line, or cruising in general).  Book anyway?

Edited by PACD_JG

14 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That's usually what I experience also but this time the couple of cruises we have been tracking have the same price but with the Black Friday tips and $99 deposit......That's good!  We need to make some decisions.

Good luck to all fishing for a cruise!

1 minute ago, FlaMariner said:

That's usually what I experience also but this time the couple of cruises we have been tracking have the same price but with the Black Friday tips and $99 deposit......That's good!  We need to make some decisions.

Good luck to all fishing for a cruise!

I just rechecked mine for March.  It was the same price as yesterday morning and still $330 higher than when I booked 6 months ago.  I would get about $200 pp in extras, but not worth it for certain.

17 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

It was the same price as yesterday morning and still $330 higher than when I booked 6 months ago. 

Yea, the cruise that we booked a year ago is up 26% in price.....No Black Friday deal will come close and we are glad/lucky we booked when we did....at least we think so for now!

But as far as future cruises that we had not booked but had been tracking the price, I did not see an increase when the Black Friday sale went on (which is usually what I see happen when a promo comes up).

56 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Yea, the cruise that we booked a year ago is up 26% in price.....No Black Friday deal will come close and we are glad/lucky we booked when we did....at least we think so for now!

checked our Norway cruise in May 2022 which we booked back in February and it is waaay up (30% and that is from an aft balcony which is no longer available  to booking the cheapest balcony).

Our Panama Canal partial transit in 2 weeks is about the same price as last February. We would have to give up our 'aft' balcony for a guarantee balcony for a couple of additional perks. Probable not worth it as we wanted the aft balcony (-:

HAVE IT ALL
  • 1 SHORE EXCURSION (up to US$100 per guest)
  • DRINKS wine, beer, cocktails, specialty coffee, soda + tips included
  • SPECIALTY DINING EXPERIENCE
  • WI-FI for guests 1 & 2
  • CREW APPRECIATION (US$100 value per person)

But then T&C state:
Black Friday Offer: Black Friday Offer (“Offer”) is available for 1st and 2nd guests only with new bookings made between November 23, 2021 and November 30, 2021 on eligible cruises or cruisetours (“Cruise”). Eligible Cruises include sailings between November 23, 2021 through December 31, 2023, excluding Summer 2023 sailings and Grand Voyages. Eligible bookings made with this Offer will receive prepaid stateroom gratuities onboard their Cruise. Limit one Offer per person per booking.

Once again HAL consistent inconsistency. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a booking, was refundable, deposit was $2,330.00.  Rebooked today with non-refundable deposit of $198.00 saved $400 on price of cruise and added gratuities, 28 day cruise so that value is CDN to USD is over $1,100.  So overall will be saving $1,500 and now risking $198.00 non  refundable deposit.  Had to get new booking as if they used old booking my whole $2,330 deposit would now become non-refundable.  To get advance fare on the new booking would have been an additional $300.00 so having a refundable deposit of $198.00 would have cost me $700.00 so I went with non-refundable.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 4:05 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The offer cannot be added to existing reservations.

You would need to cancel/rebook at prevailing fares/promotions, which will issue a new HAL booking #.  Any hotel, transfers or airfare through HAL will have to be rebooked as well.  Ancillary items you pre-purchased will be cancelled and the CC refunded and you will need to re-book them under the new reservation #.  The only thing that carries over to the new reservation are any deposit monies/FCC/FCD you have on the existing reservation.

I'm sure that's the written policy... but a good TA will convince them. It's officially called "Special Requests". Didn't need to cancel or rebook anything, and trust me I have a lot of things booked. 🙂 

About my fare with the added gratuities.  Here is what happened.  To me it looked like a good change, base fare to Have it all with gratuities.  I am not a drinker so HIA is not a big draw for me.  TA pointed out error of my calculation but called HAL and was able to get the free gratuities added to my base fare at no additional cost to me. I am in the base fare with the refundable deposit, the one not advertised on the website  

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

I checked with our PCC for our 50 day South Pacific cruise next year.  We had booked under the old HIA which included everything except wifi (we didn’t book a suite for that length of cruise).  He said our fare is $2500pp (Canadian) cheaper than now so it’s not worth it to switch.  If we want wifi on board we can either buy it, do without, or maybe find the odd place on the itinerary to pop into a restaurant or something.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canadarocks said:

I'm sure that's the written policy... but a good TA will convince them. It's officially called "Special Requests". Didn't need to cancel or rebook anything, and trust me I have a lot of things booked. 🙂 

No convincing needed with my PCC.  I booked with mariner pricing on my next cruise.  This pricing is currently $1600 less than the have it all pricing .  I emailed my PCC this morning to see if I could get the crew incentive added.  I fully expected to hear no.  Not only did I get it, I didn't have to cancel and rebook.  I know people think TA's perform miracles.  I think my PCC can do just as well and I don't have to deal with a middle person.

• Like 1

No convincing needed with my PCC.  I booked with mariner pricing on my next cruise.  This pricing is currently $1600 less than the have it all pricing .  I emailed my PCC this morning to see if I could get the crew incentive added.  I fully expected to hear no.  Not only did I get it, I didn't have to cancel and rebook.  I know people think TA's perform miracles.  I think my PCC can do just as well and I don't have to deal with a middle person.

Sure wish we could have just added wifi on our SP cruise.  I asked our PCC to double check but he said the price had gone up a lot since we booked so not worth it.  Some you win but usually lose so I’m glad some are getting it.  

• Like 1