Upcoming Caribbean Princess Livethread! 11/28-12/5

amanda384

On 11/22/2021 at 5:44 PM, Lindagayle428 said:

Wondering if PC is allowing their crew off at ports of call.  I’d like to bring something for our cabin steward, and would bring some personal items if they are not allowed off ship.

How would you know what personal items might be appropriate?

• Like 1

Okay everyone, our at-home Covid tests were NEGATIVE!  That means we will be on the road at about noon today.  We purchased the Abbott Binax Rapid Antigent Test and it was very easy and user-friendly.  The process takes about 20 minutes because they do make you wait the whole 15 minutes for results.

Tonight we stop in Fayetteville, North Carolina!

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, amanda384 said:

Okay everyone, our at-home Covid tests were NEGATIVE!  That means we will be on the road at about noon today.  We purchased the Abbott Binax Rapid Antigent Test and it was very easy and user-friendly.  The process takes about 20 minutes because they do make you wait the whole 15 minutes for results.

Tonight we stop in Fayetteville, North Carolina!

Safe travels! Our test appt is at 11:00 and hopefully we’ll be on the road later this afternoon.  The excitement is building!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sherrill17 said:

We are on 1/23/22.  Looking forward to your reviews 

We’re also on that sailing .  6 of us (3 baby boomer couples). 2 from KY and 1 from Ontario

Especially interested in how they handle passengers getting off the ship in St Thomas and St Kitts

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth

On 11/21/2021 at 2:47 PM, amanda384 said:

Hi everyone! God willing, I will be on the Caribbean Princess's first voyage back! (Covid test pending, of course!) I will be doing a live thread of my journey starting Friday. So if you want you can drop a follow here and if you post any questions I will be glad to try to get an answer for you on board.

A little about us: My husband (42) and I (37) live in Northern Virginia and are driving to FLL. This cruise is just us, no kids. Eastern Caribbean with St. Kitts. We are staying in a balcony stateroom on the Caribe deck, and we are platinum. I post menus and patters! We love the Caribbean and are so happy to be going back.

Have Fun!  We have had a great time on the Caribbean Princess!!

Cheers

• Like 1

We're at the Hilton Marina hotel across the street from the pier. Just heard the Sky blow her Love Boat horn and watched her depart on the webcam. Can't wait to see the CB docked there soon!

We've found this hotel to be very convenient,  but we are good walkers. Walgreens was six minutes or so, Carrabas for lunch about ten, depending on the long traffic light for crossing the street. Tiki bar here also serves dinner until 9pm, the fish tacos were great. Small snack shop has wraps and salads among other breakfast and lunch items. Pool very clean, staff very helpful. We chose a north view because its the shadier side and a bit quieter than the bridge side. That's a very busy street.

The hotel is recently renovated with a modern decor that we find attractive. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, MJC said:

We're at the Hilton Marina hotel across the street from the pier. Just heard the Sky blow her Love Boat horn and watched her depart on the webcam. Can't wait to see the CB docked there soon!

We've found this hotel to be very convenient,  but we are good walkers. Walgreens was six minutes or so, Carrabas for lunch about ten, depending on the long traffic light for crossing the street. Tiki bar here also serves dinner until 9pm, the fish tacos were great. Small snack shop has wraps and salads among other breakfast and lunch items. Pool very clean, staff very helpful. We chose a north view because its the shadier side and a bit quieter than the bridge side. That's a very busy street.

The hotel is recently renovated with a modern decor that we find attractive. 

Right up to the moment they added their "resort fee", we were regulars. No longer. 

4 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

We’re also on that sailing .  6 of us (3 baby boomer couples). 2 from KY and 1 from Ontario

Especially interested in how they handle passengers getting off the ship in St Thomas and St Kitts

We have a group of 10 going.  We are wondering the same thing.  

We FINALLY made it to our hotel!! We are spending the night at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/North Cruise Port. It is a nice room for our purposes. The lobby is under some kind of construction but no noise at this time of day. Traffic was awful on I-95!

We can't wait to board!!

20211127_211809.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mgf0525 said:

Hey there! We are on the 12\13 sailing (also from NoVa - Woodbridge). Wondering if you’re doing any non-Princess excursions. Have fun and thanks for sharing your experience. 

Hey neighbor! We are not doing any non-Princess excursions. We have a few times in the past and always had good experiences with Shore Excursioneer, but with rules in Flux as they are we are playing it safe this time.

46 minutes ago, amanda384 said:

We FINALLY made it to our hotel!! We are spending the night at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport/North Cruise Port. It is a nice room for our purposes. The lobby is under some kind of construction but no noise at this time of day. Traffic was awful on I-95!

We can't wait to board!!

Glad you made it.  I had been thinking if it were me, I'd have driven quite a bit further the first day.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Glad you made it.  I had been thinking if it were me, I'd have driven quite a bit further the first day.

I actually thought about that myself. Normally we leave on a Friday when my husband gets off work and Fayetteville is as far as we can get. Since he was off this Friday we could have left earlier and gone farther but he is a creature of habit and we always stop at the same hotel. 😁

9 minutes ago, amanda384 said:

I actually thought about that myself. Normally we leave on a Friday when my husband gets off work and Fayetteville is as far as we can get. Since he was off this Friday we could have left earlier and gone farther but he is a creature of habit and we always stop at the same hotel. 😁

I guess you should be lucky to have a husband not interested in trying something new.  🤣

• Haha 1

Greetings from the Platinum Lounge! Parking at the pier was painless, if pricey. Check in was a total breeze. We are so glad to be here! Just waiting to board. Sadly, no Platinum lounge coffee, probably so people keep their masks on.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, amanda384 said:

Sadly, no Platinum lounge coffee, probably so people keep their masks on.

They save that for the Elite lounge.

As for parking, the next time you want to park near the port, I suggest checking out https://www.airportparkinginc.com/

From their drop down menu, choose Fort Lauderdale Cruiseport, and you'll find options as low as $6.99 per day.

Enjoy your cruise!

Glad to hear getting on was pretty easy.

If you happen to go to the front desk, and you take a pic of who the captain is. Also, if you're in the spa at some point, would you ask if they offer makeup services if you brought your own makeup?

Thanks and have a glass of champagne for me 🥂