Cruising During Covid Times Questions

sueandkent

20 hours ago, sueandkent said:

2. Dining with others. As my past cruises were mainly just my husband and I we always enjoyed being seated at a table with others and met many lovely people this way. Will they still do this and seat you with others who are not part of your immediate travel group?

18 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Using the MedallionClass app’s Dine My Way function you can request a private table or to share a table with other passengers.

True, but using the App, you cannot select a table size.  Some might prefer to share at a smaller table and some might prefer a larger table.  No way to know what the App has done.  AFAIK, you only find out when they seat you, and you would have to request something else at the door or re-arrange the dining as in pre-Covid times.

4 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

My biggest miss with the new turn down service for Princess, it no pillow chocolates.  Will bring my own😄

I stopped eating the chocolates as I realized they weren't nearly as good as I ate at home.  As it was, all I wanted was the dark chocolate anyway.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I stopped eating the chocolates as I realized they weren't nearly as good as I ate at home.  As it was, all I wanted was the dark chocolate anyway.

Nice we have choices - I gave DH the dark chocolate and kept the other two😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

I thought flight crews were limited on how many hours they could fly at one time before having to stop.  We have had flight delays waiting for a new flight crew to come to the airport and replace those that would exceed this certain number     

I think you missed the intended humor which was a metaphor for what is happening on Princess.  Perhaps the cabin steward/stewardesses can no longer put chocolates on the pillow because they have exceeded their allowable number?  hmmm.

Hank

P.S.  I said I have a pilots license (true) but never said I was part of any flight crew.  My flying days were all private...not commercial.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:16 AM, Ombud said:

I am constantly amazed by people who cannot reuse towels. Do you wash them daily at home? You know they dry fast if you bother to hang them up. 

I don't need twice daily service and welcome that being discontinued. Used to have to put up 'do not disturb' sign but no longer have to. 

Actually, sometimes at home I do not re-use towels.  You'd be surprised what bacteria hides on towels.  At home I have a place to hang my towel that I know I have cleaned and I would never use it more than twice.  Away from home, I don't feel comfortable hanging things in places sometimes.  But that's just me.

• Like 1