Princess Elite changes?

Kruznkat

12 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Sadly it is bad management and PR for any organization to take away a reward from its customers that once was an “earned” loyalty benefit. 

I think it is good management to cut the fluff when you are up to your neck in debt. I don’t think I am earning anything by booking a cruise. 

Edited by billco
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

But the MTP events continue.

We attended an MTP luncheon on a recent cruise on the Regal Princess. I doubt it cost Princess anything to provide some food and have a few officers thank us for our loyalty.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, billco said:

I think it is good management to cut the fluff when you are up to your neck in debt. I don’t think I am earning anything by booking a cruise. 

So where would they be without the loyal customers who are cruising right now with the restrictions that have in place?

Providing a MTP lunch for 40 guests can't possible cost them that much extra vs. not having the passengers to serve it to.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:41 PM, Shelly97060 said:

On Majestic in October our elite toiletry kit was in a zippered bag ( much nicer than the organza bags).  It contained a loofa, Emory board, shower cap, a razor with shaving cream and two disposable toothbrushes.  I ended up using the zippered bag to hold my phone and other small items in my beach bag.  

9CB85092-6D7E-4BB3-AA6C-C81DC8B32AA1.thumb.jpeg.34b604b7f3104d4c3317cf5ed84ac430.jpeg

Nice!  That’s similar to what we were used to getting. 😞

My policy is to never look a gift horse in the mouth.  Now, that may offend some people but, I just choose to be grateful for whatever goodies come my way.  I actually get a lot of value from the 10% back on the excursions, spa services and photos.  

I also think the Princess Plus package has great value for us so, I don't care so much about the free WiFi minutes.  

On 11/28/2021 at 2:54 PM, luv4cruises said:

Sadly it is bad management and PR for any organization to take away a reward from its customers that once was an “earned” loyalty benefit. 

Well just about every hotel chain and air line has devalued their loyalty benefits.  While it might vary for each individual the economics of the changes are pretty much a wash.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, gardenbunny said:

My “wish” would be a package deal for non-drinkers - free wifi, free gratuities, and a soda package.

On very rare occassions we have taken a deal with a drink package because the fare was better but such a waste when all we drink is soda. Don’t use special coffees, wine, liquor.

Being elite, DH will get a couple beers in our bar set up that we exchange for canned drinks and his few beers.

Even though we now have to pay a little for the wifi pkg, I am OK with that.  I remember several years ago we were on the Regal, I think, when they were bringing out the MedallionNet and the cruise included free wifi for all.  I must admit it was so nice that it was always there, no logging in or out - or forgetting to log out and all your free minutes were gone!  Remember that nightmare?!

So we will use the OBC refund to apply against excursions or maybe a specialty restaurant.

I would consider that package if it was available. I would never get my money’s worth from the plus drinks package - but I always get the soda package. On my last cruise (in the before times) I got free unlimited wi-if as a perk. It was great being able to use it without watching the clock.  I would be hard going back to a limited package.  

Don from Halifax. 

• Like 1