We’re Baaaaack!!! Live from the Regal Princess- B2B2B- 11.24.21 to 12.9.21

TracieABD

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

Tracie, have been enjoying your posts as we are boarding on 12/13 and doing b2b2b ....first one ever and so excited.  If you get a chance while  talking to the crew could you find out what the sailing capacity will be, not that it really matters but just curious. Enjoy the rest of your sailing.

I have heard around 2000 for each of these 8 day sailings.  It should be great!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

Tracie, I just booked the Regal for 16 days over Christmas/NY --  are you sure you guys are on your final leg?! 

Meanwhile, I'm very excited because I booked my first ever suite . . . and it's a mid-aft penthouse on Riviera.  Which one were you in?  Did you like it? 

Girl!!!  I am so jealous!

We loved the mid aft suites. We were in R610.   The Concierge lounge is right across the hall, as is the laundry. The suites squarely between the app and the mid stairs.Concierge lounge is right across the hall, as is the laundry. The sweets squarely between the app and the mid stairs. It is in a super convenient location.

Amanda, the concierge, is wonderful. She knows so many neat little tips about dining and the ship. It is worth getting to know her!

I hope you have a wonderful series of cruises!

Edited by TracieABD
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, linaka625 said:

Are the decorations up yet?  

I booked this trip last minute. Had to cancel our trip to Europe due to the COVID situation there. We were supposed to go to the Christmas markets in Austria and the Czech Republic. So I’m really hoping to see some Christmas on this trip. 
Also, do you know how many people are on board this trip?

Thanks so much!

There are no decorations up yet. I will post the stats later this evening, but on this trip it’s about 900 passengers.There are no decorations up yet. I will post the stats later this evening, but on this trip it’s about 900 passengers.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, TracieABD said:

Tests are back…

Let the hi-jinx commence!

Did you need a PCR test to board?? We understood it could be an antigen test done within 2 days of boarding so we were going to do that at home in Toronto, Canada which also covers getting on a plane here and going through U.S. immigration. Our cruise isn't until Jan 8 and of course things can keep changing 

2 minutes ago, cruzmore99 said:

Did you need a PCR test to board?? We understood it could be an antigen test done within 2 days of boarding so we were going to do that at home in Toronto, Canada which also covers getting on a plane here and going through U.S. immigration. Our cruise isn't until Jan 8 and of course things can keep changing 

We did have a PCR, but that was our preference.  
I believe the website says they accept a rapid antigen. And I know others have used a proctored home test ( it has to be medically supervised).  

But who knows by the time January rolls around? I just needed to stay really flexible.  

32 minutes ago, cruzmore99 said:

No, and that is unlikely to change since US has accepted supervised antigen test for long time.  Same test is good for both flying and Princess.  As you will know, still need the PCR to re-enter Canada - even if fully-vaxxed.  Perhaps that will change sooner than later - lots of pressure was applied about it recently and then it kind of died off when Feds did not budge.  It will make sense if they at least allow fully-vaxxed to use the rapid antigen instead of PCR before end of Winter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

I will definitely get to know Amanda.  I only just yesterday realized being in a suite means having Club Class dining, so clearly I'll need her guidance. 

And you get a Specialty Dining visit on the first night, there will be a card in your cabin.  See Amanda for help with the reservation and any changes you'd like - I've heard of folks being able to move the comp dinner to a different night.

• Complimentary Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation evening^

^ Applicable on cruises six days or longer. Reservations can be made once onboard your ship

Edited by Papa Yoda

3 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

I will definitely get to know Amanda.  I only just yesterday realized being in a suite means having Club Class dining, so clearly I'll need her guidance. 

She is lovely!  And very, very helpful.  

I am so happy for you… please, please, please do a “live from”!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Papa Yoda said:

And you get a Specialty Dining visit on the first night, there will be a card in your cabin.  See Amanda for help with the reservation and any changes you'd like - I've heard of folks being able to move the comp dinner to a different night.

• Complimentary Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation evening^

^ Applicable on cruises six days or longer. Reservations can be made once onboard your ship

We have moved our dinner twice.   I am not a huge fan of the night 3 menu… great time to go to specialty dining!!!

26 minutes ago, eyelash said:

The link to the spa menu doesn't open for me.  Am I doing something wrong?

Hmmmm.  I can’t make it work now, either. I had to scan a qrc to get it.  

I will try again.  Let me know if it works.   

https://regal.princess.com/princessatsea/sites/default/files/general_info_attachments/osw_princess_qrmenu_072021_final.pdf

Edited by TracieABD

8 hours ago, TracieABD said:

https://regal.princess.com/princessatsea/sites/default/files/general_info_attachments/osw_princess_qrmenu_072021_final.pdf

The QR codes located throughout the ship can only be scanned and viewed when you are on the ship. If you want to post the information you’ll need to take screenshots and then upload those to your post on CC.

11 hours ago, TracieABD said:

That's a ship specific url, so it's not viewable by those of us stuck on land.

3 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

The QR codes located throughout the ship can only be scanned and viewed when you are on the ship. If you want to post the information you’ll need to take screenshots and then upload those to your post on CC.

30 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

That's a ship specific url, so it's not viewable by those of us stuck on land.

For the life of me, I cannot get it figured out.  I have tried screenshotting and posting to no avail.  I am sorry.  I just don’t think I can make it happen.  

On 11/30/2021 at 2:37 PM, TracieABD said:

November 30, 2021

Day 9

Somewhere Headed East- Sea Day

Sailing into the Sun

Hi friends-

Another day, another day at sea... It is going to be very easy to lose track of time. Is it Tuesday? Wednesday? Is it November? December? Sea day? Port day? Who knows?!?! Who cares??? We made a decision at the beginning of this adventure that the destination is the ship... not the ports. And while we may get off the ship for a few minutes- we are not doing any excursions or beach stops.

Princess has “stolen” an hour from us as we sail east. Neither of us slept well last night- too much late afternoon coffee. We slept til 9:00 which was actually 10. By then Sabatini’s was closed and we were left scrambling. Well, sort of... this was actually a gift.

Some personal notes- at home, we normally only eat one big meal, one small meal, and a protein shake. We also do IF- which has been really effective. In doing this, we both lost weight durning the pandemic lockdown. We brought all of the stuff we would need to continue this practice, but we have been totally distracted by shiny things- like menus and glass serving counters. I have spent the last day or two trying to reset. Missing breakfast this morning gave us the opportunity to have a protein shake and coffee... which is our norm.

After that, we planted ourselves up in the Sanctuary for the day. It is lovely and quiet. We have a preferred corner... and it is just perfect up here. There a enough people to remind us that we are not on a ginormous private yacht, but there is so much space and distance between passengers.

Jon headed to the Buffy for lunch. I ordered from the Sanctuary “spa” menu. Gazpacho, chicken salad, and pineapple with granola and cottage cheese... except the cottage cheese is really different- in texture and taste- more like ricotta cheese. We have started calling it “ricottage” cheese. I like it. Jon does not. I absolutely inhaled my lunch and promptly fell asleep. Gotta love a day in the Sanctuary.

And this is where I will leave you. Tonight is formal night- with Jon’s favorite menu. And Bravo! In the Princess Theater- one of my favorite performances. We shall see what the sopranos sing for us tonight!

Anyone want to sing the “Flower Duet” with me?

Thanks for following along-

More later-

Tracie-Lynn

We do B2B all the time; we don't do "short vacations" since we are both retired. Our thinking is the same as yours for January, that the ship is the destination (Emerald Princess Jan 8-28). We may get off a few times in 20 days, but it's the food and entertainment that we are looking forward to the most. Is there any dancing allowed on your cruise? We are allowed to dance in some places at home right now as long as we wear masks. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 1:04 AM, TracieABD said:

November 29, 2021

Day 8

Fort Lauderdale

Oops! I Did It Again!

Hi friends-

We woke to a sunny day in Florida- and Jon waving coffee over me... It is transit day. This is our first ever B2B- and I was a little nervous- I know that may seem weird, but I just did not know what to expect.

We did the last minute packing things, and said our goodbyes to Richard, the cabin steward. He was such a helpful guy... I think he will do great a guest steward, for sure.

We were told to leave everything in the cabin in suitcases or on hangers... I wrote the new cabin number on our luggage tags- and we headed on to breakfast. We are such rookies- we brought our backpacks with us... Not sure why- We only needed our passports, vaccine cards, medallions, and transit cards. Rookies. Total rookies.

We had breakfast in the CC dining room. I had a half a bowl of cereal, which is pretty par for the course for me. Jon had bacon and eggs and hash brown triangle-thingies. No one said goodbye to us... because- we are in transit! Yay!!!!

Our next stop was Club 6. We were to meet there at 9 am. There looked to be between 80-90 transit passengers. An officer checked us off on his list and we waited for a bit for a couple of last minute stragglers. They must have zero-ed out the departing passengers quickly, because we were led of the ship at 9:15. In one long line, we were brought down to immigration, had our faces scanned, and were directed to an area off to the side to sit. There was plenty of room, even with the separation in the seats. We waited another 20 minutes or so, and then were brought back on the ship- where we had our medallions scanned.

We went up to our new digs... a mid-aft penthouse suite on the Riviera deck. So, did I mind changing cabins after 5 days. Nope. Not one bit. The door was not reading our medallions, so we headed back downstairs to have them “activated”. Sometimes, this is necessary. Sometimes, not. They also gave us the traditional cards- in case the medallions did not read... but they did! The cabin is lovely. Our steward are wonderful. We had no luggage- and asked if we could just grab one or two of the suitcases to get started in the nesting process... They helped us bring it all. It took me a whopping 24 minutes to completely unpack and start a load of laundry. (Not everything can go out for laundry- some stuff you just want to wash yourself).

So this decision I have been hinting at... we are having a great time, like a really GREAT time... and we started batting around the idea of staying on for a third lap around the pond. We knew it wouldn’t be the stellar deal we got from CAS- but it also was pretty doable. There were a couple of barriers to work through- primarily the puppy (Remember Luca? I refer you to page 1 for pictures of the little mess) and a couple of social obligations. We started chiseling away at the To Do list- and then pulled the trigger on booking. By 12:30, we were fully unpacked, booked another cruise and changed flights, squared away our land lives for an additional 5 days- and had ordered lunch in the CC MDR. Mischief Managed!

And finally, we could relax and lean into the next 10 days. There will not be a fourth cruise- it just won’t work with our schedules. So there are no more decisions to work through- unless you count whether or not to have one or two desserts in the dining room.

After our busy morning... Jon headed to the Sanctuary and I folded laundry. If you have ever read any of my other blogs, you will know that laundry is a preferred activity for me. I love all things laundry- including ironing. We even customized a laundry “center” in our new home! This was my way of relaxing.

Once I was finished, I brought a drink to Jon up in the Sanctuary. We have a favorite mock tail called “Strawberries on Fire” or something like that. It is really delicious and refreshing. WeD toasted our good fortune- and watched the ship move through the canal. We were following behind the Celebrity Millennium and the Emerald Princess. And just like that... we were fully immersed in Leg 2!

We opted out of specialty dining- as we knew they were having shrimp and lemon risotto in the CC MDR. I had a small portion of the risotto for my app and a lovely pork dish. Jon had a big old portion of the shrimp and yummy rice. We have got to cut out the bread. But it is sooooo good. I am worried my clothes will shrink.

I went back to the cabin and Jon wandered around the ship. We have heard that there are 887 on board for this twirl. It is a veritable ghost town. But I don’t mind. It works for me.

I guess this is where I will leave it.

Anyone like laundry as much as I do?

Thanks for following along.

More later-

TL

Great decision to add add another cruise!!! I'm glad it worked out. We have read that we will be tested on turnaround/in transit day in or near the terminal (not on the ship) and if we test positive that we will not be allowed back on the ship. Perhaps that is because we are doing 10 + 10 day cruises in January??  I prefer the way it was with you; getting the test done on the ship before turnaround day. Happy cruising.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruzmore99 said:

We do B2B all the time; we don't do "short vacations" since we are both retired. Our thinking is the same as yours for January, that the ship is the destination (Emerald Princess Jan 8-28). We may get off a few times in 20 days, but it's the food and entertainment that we are looking forward to the most. Is there any dancing allowed on your cruise? We are allowed to dance in some places at home right now as long as we wear masks. 

21 minutes ago, cruzmore99 said:

Great decision to add add another cruise!!! I'm glad it worked out. We have read that we will be tested on turnaround/in transit day in or near the terminal (not on the ship) and if we test positive that we will not be allowed back on the ship. Perhaps that is because we are doing 10 + 10 day cruises in January??  I prefer the way it was with you; getting the test done on the ship before turnaround day. Happy cruising.  

I am not sure how all of the ships are handling transit passengers.  I personally liked being tested the day before turnaround. It made sense.  

• Like 1