The Daily for Tuesday November 23, 2021

richwmn

9 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Greetings from San Juan! The cruise is going fine. Went to the Canaletto last night and it was fantastic. Since there were four of us, we got to try a lot of dishes. Breakfast service in the MDR has also been very good. Tried the Indian breakfast dish (aloo masala?) and I now have a new favorite breakfast!

Sounds wonderful Fred!  So glad you are enjoying your cruise and the food 👍

• Like 15

Good morning friends!  It was 32F when we drove to the gym (too cold to walk).  Now I'm home all bundled up on the sofa reading the Daily.  Thank goodness it is sunny though and high will be about 55F this afternoon.  No cranberries until Thursday, there are cashews for happy hour along with crackers and cheese.  No thanks to espresso, I don't drink coffee.  Buffett's quote is funny.  I have to admit the grilled cheese sandwiches looked good but did we really need the kale??  

Thanks to Rich for the Daily, and Roy for the C & C list.  Prayers for those on the Care list.  I'm glad Jacqui is feeling a little better. Extra prayers for Waukesha and the 5 dead citizens, and 48 injured including many children.  What a sad Thanksgiving this will be for so many!  A salute to our celebrants, especially our cruisers.  Gerry, thanks for the Martha Stewart laughs!  Laughing is good for us!

I enjoyed the topless beach story.  We've been to Sint Maarten/Saint Martin 4 times.  One visit we were driven to a beach, and the driver pointed out which direction was the family beach and the direction where the nude beach was.  We chose the family beach, but I noticed a few topless individuals would walk over to the family beach and stroll by.  I guess they weren't getting enough attention over there!  On another visit while cruising there with our daughter and her family we went to Baby Beach.  The water was shallow enough for toddlers to wade knee deep.  The little ones loved it!  One visit to Sint Maarten was with our friend John and his wife Jean.  John and DH went on a sailing excursion, America's Cup yacht racing.  They LOVED it!  Happy memories...

• Like 25

Good morning Rich and Daily-ites. A beautiful morning here in Georgetown. Warming to 70 today.

I told you we collected over $900 for Blue Santa and will be handing our check over to them in front of our entry display today. Now we have over $1000 due to neighbors that couldn't make our Thanksgiving party. We have a wonderful neighborhood. 

I finished raking and picking up acorns yesterday. Soon I'll pull my summer plants from their pots and put everything away for winter. I would like to enjoy them as long as possible because they are all still blooming. 

I have our Christmas cards written, checks and gifts ready to mail. I will start pulling packing together as Luggage Forward picks up on Monday. Our neighbor will watch the house, get mail, and he's thrilled he gets Elvis while we're gone. Elvis has become an icon in our hood! 

Dinner tonight will be light, as we over indulged on Mexican food last night.

Have a wonderful day. Prayers, Cheers and Blessings 

• Like 25

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I love cranberries and cashews. I enjoy espresso, but do prefer regular coffee.

Not sure about the kale in a grilled cheese.

I am still having trouble reading for more than a few minutes, but I wanted to check in. I finished reading Sunday's Daily early yesterday morning and my eyes were extremely tired and sore. I didn't do any significant reading again yesterday and my eyes felt much better. So, I will continue reading Saturday's, yesterday's and today's and future Dailies a few posts at a time until my eyes are back to normal.

We will do a few last construction type chores today, clean up and be ready for family to arrive early tomorrow morning. Construction will then be on hold until Sunday or Monday.

Take care everyone and have a terrific day.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 27

5 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

I am still having trouble reading for more than a few minutes, but I wanted to check in. I finished reading Sunday's Daily early yesterday morning and my eyes were extremely tired and sore. I didn't do any significant reading again yesterday and my eyes felt much better. So, I will continue reading Saturday's, yesterday's and today's and future Dailies a few posts at a time until my eyes are back to normal.

We will do a few last construction type chores today, clean up and be ready for family to arrive early tomorrow morning. Construction will then be on hold until Sunday or Monday.

Julia sorry to hear your eyes are still bothering you.  Fingers crossed you feel back to normal soon!

Hey, while the family is there maybe you could put them to work on your construction site, to work off some of those Thanksgiving calories.  🤣

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Photos from Sint Maarten/Saint Martin

Maho beach with the Princess Juliana International Airport next to it.  This cruise was on Emerald Princess August 2010.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYcenh_aTqE0CXXSBBHiNK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446316

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXN82TFBCe_aF4Gz2KwlSk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526818

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCwqZtkR-97C4xtaO1rgE4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526717

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAGaqytHxnvnrlltJyH00N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526716

Next photos are from December 2004 on Dawn Princess with John and Jean.  Jean and I took a water taxi from our dock to the downtown area to shop and look around, while the guys were on the America's Cup yacht.  They were too busy to take photos!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnLbaV6QfI6vxykYq9WMTE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvNVYlBp0y8U7dqkYr8gUl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184366

Students doing exercises outdoors in the fresh air 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3XzXvi7M0V-dUy6nzEukO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184994

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVQ2Uqs_EfFW383rCbaYsX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184404

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbU8jUeoaDnigydU8j96qJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184994

In 2003 on Golden Princess we went jewelry shopping in downtown Philipsburg.  I'm not sure if we made a purchase that visit or not.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuPemlC1W7hM441FLmG8qe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185437

It must have been a hot day!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9_aS3S7a3JWqaZu6U6J4c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185434

And we made a stop at the Guavaberry Emporium for a tasting.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKv_KXRSviOHocLPoIdSoC9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185425

In December 2015 on Regal Princess we stopped in Sint Maarten again.  Here's some beach photos.  I scanned the photos looking for topless individuals and didn't see any.  We want to keep the Daily G-rated!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8cYuVPxKnjqkvHw0sT0pM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878852

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnTz8f-_bdisgQPluNe3NC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878850

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMLV-3N4YZ9_XK5gx9UGdr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878856

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVf_p1MlOkS1KZOgkWpgE7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878848

Stopping to feed the iguanas.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSZ_RIdCkSU6n8gVqjWrPD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878814

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIw8mgC9_JhqeGsIQpR-eh9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878801

Back at Maho beach and the airport.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISJVZRFJwXytt4lPM4HAgl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1451946752

A view of the crowds00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKTraQKguzBAOOlgM1KqcQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878985

But look at the beach next to the Sunset Bar.  Yikes!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICY1AqFobs6OUeN_EfR17z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878948

Enjoy the warmth of Sint Maarten/Saint Martin!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Popping in between loads of laundry to give more of "Martha Stewart Isn't Coming For Thanksgiving":

Our centerpiece will not be the tower of fresh fruit and flowers that I promised. Instead we will be displaying a hedgehog-like decoration hand-crafted from the finest construction paper. The artist assures me it is a turkey.

We will be dining fashionably late. The children will entertain you while you wait. I'm sure they will be happy to share every choice comment I have made regarding Thanksgiving, pilgrims and the turkey hotline. Please remember that most of these comments were made at 5:00 a.m. upon discovering that the turkey was still hard enough to cut diamonds.

As accompaniment to the children's recital, I will play a recording of tribal drumming. If they should mention that I don't own a recording of tribal drumming, or that tribal drumming sounds suspiciously like a frozen turkey in a clothes dryer, ignore them. They are lying.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 13
  • Haha 20

1 hour ago, JAM37 said:

So sorry to hear your eyes are still giving you problems 😞. Hope they improve soon.🤞

4 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Popping in between loads of laundry to give more of "Martha Stewart Isn't Coming For Thanksgiving":

You are slaying me 🤣😂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning all

I am way behind and need to catch up. It was not a good weekend at our house. On Friday, Fritz our mini dachshund was not feeling well. By evening we needed to take him to the emergency vet. He was diagnosed with pneumonia (impressive they had a radiologist to read his X-rays at 9 at night, better than some of our experiences at human ERs.) He spent the night on fluids and antibiotics. He was better on Saturday and we were able to bring him home. On Sunday though, he took a turn for the worse. We jumped into the car to rush back to the emergency vet, but Fritz died in my daughter’s arms on the way 😢. He was 15 and had the sweetest dachsie personality.

Rest In Peace, Fritz Erdnusse (2006-2021)

Known by many nicknames-Peanut, Fuzzy Butt, Puppy Brother, Butter Butt, Boy, Nutter Butter, Peanut Butter, Butter Bean
World champion cuddler and napper 
Serial killer of dog toys
Cutest dachshund personality ever
We miss you so much 😢

33161FCD-B3F5-46E2-8652-083E68B882E0.jpeg

B4DD201A-47E6-4D72-BAAD-4B6B088596EA.jpeg

CB68644A-647A-4A43-BF6C-447B146C632D.jpeg

581AE5B4-A8FE-4246-A3FA-BCB413FF7B98.jpeg

FF2D075C-FC5F-4DE6-A920-CD54848BDF50.jpeg

8AF3DBB3-D1FE-4E4F-B332-C2B5ECB8B376.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 17

9 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all

I am way behind and need to catch up. It was not a good weekend at our house. On Friday, Fritz our mini dachshund was not feeling well. By evening we needed to take him to the emergency vet. He was diagnosed with pneumonia (impressive they had a radiologist to read his X-rays at 9 at night, better than some of our experiences at human ERs.) He spent the night on fluids and antibiotics. He was better on Saturday and we were able to bring him home. On Sunday though, he took a turn for the worse. We jumped into the car to rush back to the emergency vet, but Fritz died in my daughter’s arms on the way 😢. He was 15 and had the sweetest dachsie personality.

Known by many nicknames-Peanut, Fuzzy Butt, Puppy Brother, Butter Butt, Boy, Nutter Butter, Peanut Butter, Butter Bean
We miss you so much 😢

I am so sorry about  Fritz .He was a well loved dog.

• Like 17

24 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all

We miss you so much 😢

14 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

I am so sorry about  Fritz .He was a well loved dog.

Sorry about Fritz. It is hard to lose them. He certainly lived to a good age.

Susan

• Like 17

Good morning from sunny Cabo San Lucas.  We're  just rounding Los Arcos.  The Grand Princess arrived just a few minutes ago.

The schedule says we'll arrive at 11 am, but like last week, we're here early.  It's about 9:10, and we should be anchored shortly.  It's in the mid 70sF and very pleasant on the balcony.  

They are already getting the tenders ready to lower.  On the way in, we were circled by either a small Mexican Coast Guard or Navy boat.  Just got a close look at the boat, and it was the Coast Guard.  It also looked like a pilot boat.

I like Warren Buffet's quote.

The last time we were in Saint Maarten was in 2004 on Golden Princess the day after our older DD got married on the ship.

I'll post this then finish reading the Daily when I have time.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 23

Good morning all!

@St. Louis SalI'm so very sorry over the loss of your sweet puppy.  I know how hard that is.  Hugs!

The rain is back, and we're in for more storms and possible flooding this week.  I hope it won't be so bad it affects Thanksgiving travel for some people.

I chuckled when I read "eat a cranberry day" --- just one?  😄 I know I'll be having cranberry sauce in a couple days, so will wait until then. 🙂  Cashews are one of my favorite nuts, we always have some in the pantry.  I love strong coffee, but not espresso.  On our recent cruise on the Eurodam we had our very first Neptune Suite (loved it!) but I was surprised to see that the coffee maker in our room only had espresso and decaf....???  I've never heard anyone mention that before, so I guess most people are fine with it.  IF I ever have a Neptune Suite again, I'll see about bringing my own coffee.  The Concierge wasn't able to get any. I know, first world problems! 

Will pass on the meal, not so much because of the kale, but I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes, and definitely not with bread (too many carbs).  Will pass on the red wine but the drink sounds good and the quote is funny.  

@ger_77I'm laughing out loud over the Martha Stewart Isn't Coming for Thanksgiving quotes!!  Thank you for sharing those.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Photos from Sint Maarten/Saint Martin

Maho beach with the Princess Juliana International Airport next to it.  This cruise was on Emerald Princess August 2010.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYcenh_aTqE0CXXSBBHiNK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446316

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXN82TFBCe_aF4Gz2KwlSk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526818

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCwqZtkR-97C4xtaO1rgE4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526717

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAGaqytHxnvnrlltJyH00N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526716

Next photos are from December 2004 on Dawn Princess with John and Jean.  Jean and I took a water taxi from our dock to the downtown area to shop and look around, while the guys were on the America's Cup yacht.  They were too busy to take photos!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnLbaV6QfI6vxykYq9WMTE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvNVYlBp0y8U7dqkYr8gUl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184366

Students doing exercises outdoors in the fresh air 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3XzXvi7M0V-dUy6nzEukO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184994

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVQ2Uqs_EfFW383rCbaYsX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184404

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbU8jUeoaDnigydU8j96qJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184994

In 2003 on Golden Princess we went jewelry shopping in downtown Philipsburg.  I'm not sure if we made a purchase that visit or not.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuPemlC1W7hM441FLmG8qe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185437

It must have been a hot day!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9_aS3S7a3JWqaZu6U6J4c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185434

And we made a stop at the Guavaberry Emporium for a tasting.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKv_KXRSviOHocLPoIdSoC9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185425

In December 2015 on Regal Princess we stopped in Sint Maarten again.  Here's some beach photos.  I scanned the photos looking for topless individuals and didn't see any.  We want to keep the Daily G-rated!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8cYuVPxKnjqkvHw0sT0pM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878852

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnTz8f-_bdisgQPluNe3NC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878850

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMLV-3N4YZ9_XK5gx9UGdr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878856

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVf_p1MlOkS1KZOgkWpgE7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878848

Stopping to feed the iguanas.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSZ_RIdCkSU6n8gVqjWrPD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878814

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIw8mgC9_JhqeGsIQpR-eh9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878801

Back at Maho beach and the airport.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISJVZRFJwXytt4lPM4HAgl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1451946752

A view of the crowds00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKTraQKguzBAOOlgM1KqcQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878985

But look at the beach next to the Sunset Bar.  Yikes!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICY1AqFobs6OUeN_EfR17z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878948

Enjoy the warmth of Sint Maarten/Saint Martin!

Just as I remembered it.

Lovely photos, thanks for posting.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all

We miss you so much 😢

What a gorgeous dog.

I'm so sorry to hear Fritz has died.

Sending you our sympathies and deepest condolences.

Graham.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Sorry to hear your eyes are still bothering you Julia.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@St. Louis SalI am so sorry to hear that Fritz passed.   You will be in my thoughts today.

I am celebrating because I booked a cruise under the Black Friday deal and combined it with HIA.  Plus, I got OBC from Welcome Home after Alaska.   I'm going on the 14 day Atlantic Coast cruise October 8-22, 2022.  I am super excited!

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

@St. Louis SalI am so sorry to hear that Fritz passed.   You will be in my thoughts today.

I am celebrating because I booked a cruise under the Black Friday deal and combined it with HIA.  Plus, I got OBC from Welcome Home after Alaska.   I'm going on the 14 day Atlantic Coast cruise October 8-22, 2022.  I am super excited!

And I'm excited because we're finally going to cruise together!  It's going to be a great group, so many CC'rs on that cruise. 🙂 

• Like 16