Best Location for Cabana Rental CocoCay

15 minutes ago, Peak city said:

We are considering a Chill Island Cabana.  Do they come with floating beach mats?  

It's right there in your Cruise Planner:

What's Included

• Full day rental cabana with Cabana Attendant service.
  • Includes entry for up to 8 people.
  • Private lockable storage, 8 premium towels and 8 complimentary water bottles.
  • Two floating mats and snorkeling gear available upon request.
  • Complimentary dining options.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It's right there in your Cruise Planner:

What's Included

• Full day rental cabana with Cabana Attendant service.
  • Includes entry for up to 8 people.
  • Private lockable storage, 8 premium towels and 8 complimentary water bottles.
  • Two floating mats and snorkeling gear available upon request.
  • Complimentary dining options.

Thanks Merion_Mom.  I completely missed seeing that.  Duh!  lol

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It's $399 in my CP right now.  🙂 

It's $399 in my CP right now, so I just booked it. 🙂 

• Like 2

I am in the same boat.

I need some help.

My Coco Beach Club finally went down from $198 to $99 and there are 4 of us. So I am paying $396 for Beach Club.

I wonder if the Beach Club is the way to go.

Would you choose for roughly the same price, Oasis/South Beach or Chill Island Cabana over the Beach Club? And which Cabana?

• Like 1

I was shocked/pleasantly surprised to score a Chill Island Cabana for $399.  We could have chosen South Beach, Oasis Lagoon or Waterpark for that, but went with Chill because it's quieter than the pool one or Waterpark ones (and we don't do slides), but also central to more things than the South Beach ones.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tinkertwo said:

Is there a tax or gratuity added to the cost of these?  Wondering if the price I see is the actual price or if it would actually be more.

The final price will be shown when you try to check out. There should be no grats on a cabana.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinkertwo said:

Is there a tax or gratuity added to the cost of these?  Wondering if the price I see is the actual price or if it would actually be more.

There was tax on the Cabana and also tax for the Zipline on Coco Cay.  There never used to be tax on those things when I've purchased them before, so this is fairly new I think. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, powelweb said:

My CP was giving me an error too, so I just called in and was told South Beach cabanas for the 12/5 Anthem sailing were sold out, so I booked an Oasis lagoon.

Who did you call? I called shore excursion dept. and they told me IT had to fix itinerary problem first before I could book. 

13 minutes ago, mailmama said:

Who did you call? I called shore excursion dept. and they told me IT had to fix itinerary problem first before I could book. 

I called C&A line for assistance since I figured the Black Friday specials would be going quickly

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rockmom said:

There was tax on the Cabana and also tax for the Zipline on Coco Cay.  There never used to be tax on those things when I've purchased them before, so this is fairly new I think. 

I just rebooked my cabana today as the price dropped and I paid a flat $399, nothing else was added.

8 minutes ago, fleihr said:

I just rebooked my cabana today as the price dropped and I paid a flat $399, nothing else was added.

Well that's odd, I booked today as well and it added 12% tax.

image.thumb.png.397b063405c2847d222a1659b359c7a2.png

Edited by rockmom

6 minutes ago, rockmom said:

AAAHHH!!  Thanks!  And that doesn't seem fair.  😕 

I completely agree.  It’s the same with the beverage and unlimited dining plans. Gratuities are included in the price in the old and are added in the cart in the new. It is definitely confusing when you have cruises booked in both formats. 

6 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I am in the same boat.

I need some help.

My Coco Beach Club finally went down from $198 to $99 and there are 4 of us. So I am paying $396 for Beach Club.

I wonder if the Beach Club is the way to go.

Would you choose for roughly the same price, Oasis/South Beach or Chill Island Cabana over the Beach Club? And which Cabana?

If you want an honest answer, I would save my money and not do any.

With the reduced capacity, the island is uncrowded. We have been to CocoCay 4 times since restart. (Full disclosure, 2 of the 4 times were at the Coco Beach Club). But, we found that the socially distant loungers on chill beach were just as good as the club. Close to food. Close to a bar. The last time we were there, the Freedom and Allure were both on the island at the same time and it wasn't crowded. For us, hot dogs and hamburgers were better than the $199 lobster we had at the club. 

Edited by BirdTravels