Black Friday $300 OBC Applies to New and Previous Bookings

Lady Arwen

Just called (okay 90 minutes on hold) and managed a $168 reduction on our March 2022 cruise which I booked on the USA site with $300 obc added. Unfortunately all my future cruises are with the UK call centre and the Best off Guarantee only goes up until 4th May. It is an alien concept in the UK - you take your chances with the price unless you can cancel and rebook. I will become depressed if I look at them so spitefully booked an Oceania Antartica cruise today.

On 11/23/2021 at 1:33 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I repriced a sold out cruise when the 50% offer started through my CVP, in fact, she suggested that she take a look at the pricing. Unfortunately she is on vacation so I called the Retreat Line about the additional OBC and was told no, it could not be added.  Since you always get 2 or more answers from Celebrity I'm going to call tonight. I'll come back and let you know what happens and will be checking for other's experiences.

I did get it added to another cruise.

I got told the same thing, they could not add the OBC. Got the price drop

My TA had to email all my bookings to a certain department on Wednesday morning, as she was unable to reach Celebrity on Tuesday, so email is the new protocol now for TA’s.  I have 7 cruises booked.  It certainly will be interesting to see what the powers that be decide.  Of course, I am not holding my breath because…well, you know why!

Edited by Lastdance

11 hours ago, Sabbycat said:

I got told the same thing, they could not add the OBC. Got the price drop

I finally called again yesterday and got the OBC to our sold out category in March.  I wonder why you got the price drop but not the OBC. I would call back.

On 11/23/2021 at 1:15 PM, wrk2cruise said:

In over 20 years of dealing with Celebrity I was able to reprice a sailing in a sold out category ONCE and that was only after I learned of someone able to do it via their CVP on a roll call.   It took several escalations by my TA.

I don't think you are supposed to be able to do it.  TA's don't have visibility to the current fares when the category is sold out as far as I know.

Have had my last two and next cruises all repriced.  All were/are RS and RS were sold out at the time of repricing in each case.  Most recent was the 20% deal which was applied to my westbound TA on Reflection for 10/2022 where all upper suites were sold out a long time ago. Managed by my TA.

I lost my original $100 OBC but got the $300.  Price stayed the same as I had already called to get the 50% off second passenger before the BF sale.  It didn't work out to that much as I had already called for the 20% off when they had that sale.  Every little bit helps though, when you're paying with Canadian wooden nickels!!

Call back, Sabbycat.  They advertise both the 50% off second passenger and the $300 OBC.  Today they had to call another dept to get me the OBC.  The whole thing took about 1.5 hours, 1 hour of that waiting on the phone for them to answer.  

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 6:59 PM, hawkesbaynz said:

Just called (okay 90 minutes on hold) and managed a $168 reduction on our March 2022 cruise which I booked on the USA site with $300 obc added. Unfortunately all my future cruises are with the UK call centre and the Best off Guarantee only goes up until 4th May. It is an alien concept in the UK - you take your chances with the price unless you can cancel and rebook. I will become depressed if I look at them so spitefully booked an Oceania Antartica cruise today.

Hello,

we are also in the us and wondered if we are correct in understanding that the current offer of second passenger travelling half price only applies to bookings up to May 2022, ours is October 2022. We booked with celebrity UK

Many thanks

6 hours ago, clanger said:

Hello,

we are also in the us and wondered if we are correct in understanding that the current offer of second passenger travelling half price only applies to bookings up to May 2022, ours is October 2022. We booked with celebrity UK

Many thanks

The current Black Friday promotion in the US is good on sailings through March 2023

image.thumb.png.f4f37ad681f820502509c084d8617e34.png

We booked a 12 night cruise in Jan '23 only a few weeks ago.  I emailed our TA yesterday (not expecting an answer as it was Sunday) and she emailed straight back and said that she would call Celebrity Australia.  
We got the OBC and the cruise stayed the same price, which is what it was on the website as well.

Booked January 2023 Antarctica as soon as the 50% off second pax promo started.
Saturday I was able to add $300 OBC to the booking and the Celebrity phone agent emailed me an updated invoice showing the change.

Great deal, hoping in 13 months conditions will be improved………

Hello from the uk and thanks to all who have posted here.

We called celebrity uk today, never expecting anything ….  but not only was the phone answered after about 10 minutes but we were able to rebook our original cabin(although the category is sold out)

saving £180.00 and also received the $300 obc!!

Cruised with celebrity many times but this is the first time that we have achieved this.
Happy Days 😊

Thanks again all. 

• Like 1