Having issues with cruise planner

jonj

As the subject says, having issues with cruise planner. Have been on phone with someone for 2 hours and nothing has been fixed. 

Any ideas of a more direct route either by phone or email? 

Long story short the items I had in my card when I checked out didn't give me the field to enter a credit card, called reservations said they see them but don't see payment. Wouldn't let them rebook as it showed I had them. They said they cancelled them and rebooked now I see two of everything and see two pending charges on my credit card. Called again and they can't figure it out but do say everything cancelled and they are trying to book the items again but it they show that I already have them. 

Did not give me an option to cancel on the planner and why I called in the first place. 

Edited by jonj

Same here. I wanted to apply onboard credits, never gave me the option.

The guy I talked to can't see my purchases, CC shows Pending. But it's listed under "Order History"

I can't cancel. Guy said not much he can do until the charge posts. I figure I'll wait until tomorrow and see if it posts over night.

Mine's not in my cart, my cart is empty. It shows on the Order History. However, everything in that order is missing the Modify/Cancel option.

Don't know if there is a common thread, but mine is with the new version of Cruise Planner for Odyssey, Feb 26th, 2022

Mine is the Ovation in Nov 22 and also the new version of the planner.  I was hoping that it would just post and correct itself because I don’t have hours to sit on the phone with Royal.  But I see that’s not going to happen.  

Same, I see two excursions and two internet plans still confirmed, still pending on my cc. The person I had on the phone yesterday said he would escalate it but not sure where or if he did. Nothing changed today. 

It is also the new cruise planner and Jan 29, 2022 Odyssey. 

If anyone can post any updates it would be appreciated. 

Edited by jonj

I cancelled two refreshment packages and then repurchased at the lower price.  The amount it showed it was refunding was only the cost of the package, not the additional $57 on gratuity.  I repurchased the packages and I see a pending charge on my credit card and an order in my order history but never received a confirmation email for the purchase.  I spoke to crown and anchor yesterday about the refund amount and she confirmed that I am getting the package price and the gratuities but she couldn't see the new order in my order history.  She confirmed the cost and said it should update.  This morning, I got a confirmation for the original order and total but now it only shows my excursion that I had purchased at the same time but not refreshment packages.  Still no confirm for the new order.  I checked my order history and it shows that I did cancel the refreshment packages and the new order is there.  I am going to call later after I get some of my baking done for Thanksgiving.  

I’m having the same issue.  In fact the UDP I thought I purchased a month ago still says reserved.  It doesn’t say purchased and when I go back I realize I never got email confirmation a month ago.  So this seems to be a problem that’s been on going for a while.  I just didn’t pick up on it.  Credit card says pending.  

Now I’m going to have to sit on the phone to figure out what’s going on.  

2 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

New vs Old cruise planner? Was there an app update? Or on the website?

Website. Depends on your cruise. Probably by ship, but I imagine it will be rolled out to all ships/cruises eventually. Very different look & feel, and things are organized slightly differently.

1 minute ago, RobInMN said:

Website. Depends on your cruise. Probably by ship, but I imagine it will be rolled out to all ships/cruises eventually. Very different look & feel, and things are organized slightly differently.

Thanks, I must still be looking at the old for the 3 I have booked, as it does not look any different.

So, first guy had transferred me to another department. The second guy said he's getting more & more of these, that they system is overwhelmed. But even so, he's still not the one that directly fixes it. He took all the info, did an escalation, and got an incident #. Took a while, but supposedly the purchase should be all finalized correctly in 1-3 days.

Hopefully optimistic. We'll see....

I originally wanted to use my OBC to pay for part of it, but even if it is correctly finalized in the next few days, not sure I want to mess with it. Might just have to use my OBC for gratuities and other random on board purchases instead.

You got more help then I did.  The person I talked to tried to tell me it my fault for not entering my email.  I explained (twice) that the planner never gave me that option.  

My UDP still says reserved and I did pay for it. It does not say it’s purchased and he couldn’t send me an email confirmation.  I paid for that last month.  

The things I purchased yesterday he could see but that they were still pending.  The CC is also still pending for those.

I’ll have to call again Saturday ( I work the next 2 days 12 hour shifts).  Hope I get someone different.  He wasn’t helpful.  I did manage to get a small price drop on one of my cruises.  Royals IT is so bad.  The consumer should not have to run around trying to get things fixed they didn’t create.

Updated Cruise Planner items from 3 different cruises yesterday morning.  The 2 that used the old style menus worked great.  The 1 that used the new style menu had the same problems as reported above as well as a credit card anomaly that seems to be new.  Spent 90 wasted minutes on the telephone with Royal this morning.  The rep just told me there were issues primarily with "latency" and all would be great later.  I pushed him to escalate.  Eventually he said he would, but I kind of doubt it.

I will see how everything looks next week after Cyber Monday/Black Friday sales are over and call again if I do not see what I want to see.

Well, this is interesting.
My Pending charge has completely disappeared. It did not get converted to a full charge, no replacement charge. Just gone.

Panicked, thinking that RC's fix was to delete the corrupted purchase, I went to my cruise planner, and the purchase is still there, but now it appears to be in a fully completed state. Where as previously, the items were listed, but no mange/remove options. The manage/remove options are there now.

hmm...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Well, this is interesting.
My Pending charge has completely disappeared. It did not get converted to a full charge, no replacement charge. Just gone.

Panicked, thinking that RC's fix was to delete the corrupted purchase, I went to my cruise planner, and the purchase is still there, but now it appears to be in a fully completed state. Where as previously, the items were listed, but no mange/remove options. The manage/remove options are there now.

hmm...

The exact same thing has happened to my refreshment packages.  Pending charge is gone but no charge posted to my credit card.  I called C&A yesterday and was told the status has changed in their system to purchased and it is a valid order.  I can see the order in my order history.  She sent me a confirm and said I am all set.  I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop as I think the order will likely disappear.  Time will tell....,

• Thanks 1

So after an hour, I have email confirmation of my purchases.  Waiting to see if they show on my CC.  

IT has some real issues right now.  Prices have already increased from what I paid so I’m glad they now seem to be locked in.  

The new planner is for all my cruises.  One in July shows no excursions at at all.