What's your favorite food item on NCL ships?

havanadaydreaming

12 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

My wife loves getting half red/half white sauce pasta freshly served from the pasta station.  

i dont know if i have a favorite.  but i do like sampling new entrees, to me, from the buffet.   an easy out would be for me to say ribeye from Cagney's  

For food, I'll take the filet at LeBistro. For drinks, I've got 2 favorites, but don't even think about trying these unless you've got a wicked sweet tooth like me: glacier blue (at The Local) and blackberry bourbon smash (at Maltings Whiskey Bar).

• Like 1

So many options, so little time.  The best steak I've ever had was at La Cucina on the Epic last month.  The second-best was at Le Bistro on the Dawn a couple of years ago.  The scallops in Ocean Blue are nothing short of amazing.  My absolute favorite meal on an NCL ship used to be the rack of lamb in Le Bistro.  They took it off the menu during the Covid shutdown and replaced it with a lamb shank that doesn't even come close to measuring up.  I tried the rack of lamb in Cagney's on the Epic, but it just wasn't the same.  For dessert I used to love the Napoleon in Le Bistro, but once again they changed the menu and the "new and improved" version just isn't as good.  When you get right down to it, though, as long as I don't have to cook or do the dishes, just about any food they put on my plate will rock my boat!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On the site showing the menus I found it as flounder, I thought it was haddock on my sailings (in fact, the 'review' I sent my TA since she doesn't deal with NCL much I mentioned it as haddock).  The breaded haddock or flounder that's on the 'classic' menu in the MDR, or was in April and October 2019.  So good I had it 3x over 2 cruises.

Simple, I know...

Edited by hallux

Several things at Cagney's either the filet or ribeye, baked potato soup, salad and truffle fries.

To be honest , the times I was there were the 3rd or 4th best meals I ever had in my life.

Other things I enjoyed as well- in particular the late night snack of nachos had the best cheese sauce I ever had. 

@-  the traveling man- years ago I had an excellent steak at LaCucina as well - (2010 on an older ship) 

On the Escape in 2018 the lobster ravoli apettizer was so good I made a meal and had a few of them

We were on the Bliss in September 2019. Even though we dined at several of the specialty restaurants, our favorite meal was at Savor. They were serving Almond Crusted Salmon over haricots verts on a bed of mashed potatoes. We enjoyed it so much we successfully recreated it at home and now it is our favorite meal when entertaining guests. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so we are having it instead of the traditional turkey or ham.

salmon.jpg

• Like 2

My husband loves the lava cake for dessert. In 2016, the Breakaway served it every night. Then in 2019, we were on the Gem for 14 days and they only served it a few times. He was very unhappy. We just got off a 14 day cruise on the Breakaway. We had lava cake the first night and he asked if it would be on the menu every night. They said no. He went into great detail about his love of lava cake. Someone at Taste put in a standing order for lava cake for him. So every night we were at Taste or the Manhattan Room, we automatically got lava cake. And on top of that, the chef sent the official recipe to our cabin so I can make it here at home.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, wacruiselover said:

We were on the Bliss in September 2019. Even though we dined at several of the specialty restaurants, our favorite meal was at Savor. They were serving Almond Crusted Salmon over haricots verts on a bed of mashed potatoes. We enjoyed it so much we successfully recreated it at home and now it is our favorite meal when entertaining guests. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so we are having it instead of the traditional turkey or ham.

salmon.jpg

So....did my Thanksgiving invitation to your house get lost in the mail?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Indian food in the Garden Cafe on the Breakaway and Breakaway+ class ships. It's the first spot I got to on embarkation day. They have a good rotation of dishes (both meat and vegetarian) throughout the week. So good. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, bookbabe said:

The lobster sliders at American Diner.  Had them a few weeks ago on Bliss, and wow, I think they were the best item of the week.

Yumm looking forward to those..heard a rumour haven guests get to eat lunch there on embarkation day and hubby so wants a good milkshake..

2 hours ago, Hadacareer said:

Yumm looking forward to those..heard a rumour haven guests get to eat lunch there on embarkation day and hubby so wants a good milkshake..

On Bliss a few weeks ago, it was free for Haven guests to eat lunch there on embarkation day, but the milkshakes aren’t included in the lunch.  (Not sure if they’re included in the beverage package, we didn’t have it.)  DH said it was good, though, and worth the $4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bookbabe said:

On Bliss a few weeks ago, it was free for Haven guests to eat lunch there on embarkation day, but the milkshakes aren’t included in the lunch.  (Not sure if they’re included in the beverage package, we didn’t have it.)  DH said it was good, though, and worth the $4

Lunch was free for the Haven guests and milkshakes were included with the beverage package.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bookbabe said:

The lobster sliders at American Diner.  Had them a few weeks ago on Bliss, and wow, I think they were the best item of the week.

I agree.  We had them for lunch on the last sea day of our Alaska cruise on the Encore in September.  It was a bit chilly at the outdoor seating in American Diner, but they differently were worth it !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jldevlin said:

Ceaser salad with double portion salmon in O'sheehans lol....And the french onion soup in Le Bistro

The onion soup in Le Bistro is light years ahead of the swill they serve in the MDR and try to pass off as "French onion soup."  I've enjoyed the Caesar salad both with and without salmon in O'Sheehan's (or The Local, as it has been rebranded on some NCL ships).