Who tested positive on Anthem 11/14 cruise?

niceneasy

15 hours ago, niceneasy said:

Remained on the ship and only disembarked at CoCay.  Took many precautions using mask, washing hands and sanitizing.  Our first post pandemic cruise 

Sorry to hear about you getting covid and hope you're feeling better soon. Come back and let us know how you are.

OP could have been in contact with someone at the supermarket the day before. The point is they were on the ship and could have been spreading it themselves without even knowing. Why the concern as to where they were infected. It's like any other illness. You can only assume where you first came in contact. It is nice that the OP came here to report the case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 11/24/2021 at 10:22 AM, Readytogo said:

Get the Regeneron infusion immediately. Don’t wait. It is a game changer. You can thank me tomorrow.

I second this.  I received it and it stopped the progression dead in its tracks.  I am type 1 diabetic and this puts me at higher risk for complications.  

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 10:22 AM, Readytogo said:

Get the Regeneron infusion immediately. Don’t wait. It is a game changer. You can thank me tomorrow.

21 hours ago, niceneasy said:

Thanks.  Already scheduled

Just curious how do you go about getting this if you test positive? I know time is of the essence with it, so just wondering how you went about getting it?

3 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Just curious how do you go about getting this if you test positive? I know time is of the essence with it, so just wondering how you went about getting it?

Call your GP.  Mine set me up with the infusion center where I got the antibodies.  I agree it’s a game changer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEBCAT65 said:

I second this.  I received it and it stopped the progression dead in its tracks.  I am type 1 diabetic and this puts me at higher risk for complications.  

Definitely agree.  My DH had the monoclonal antibody infusion last february since he is s transplant recipient and it did wonders for him. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

Niceneasy - my point was that you could have been exposed anywhere, not just on the ship.  Everyone on the ship had a negative test just prior to boarding.  Can't say that about all the other people we come in contact with on any given day. 

M

The testing before embarkation helps with peace of mind, but in reality is it going to catch ALL covid cases? Definitely not. Sure at the time of testing none of the passengers were positive, but what if they were in the incubation period when they were tested? What happens if after testing they went to a concert and were infected? 5-ish days after said concert they are then contagious on the ship symptomatic or not. 

Cruising right now is a major risk, but yes theoretically they could have picked covid up anywhere. 

• Like 1

well, the poster, always had a mask, used sanitizer all over the place, and never got off the ship, and got Covid, but others, like myself, live without a mask, use soap and water when needed, and never get it.  It is unfortunate, but a virus will not care, if you take precautions or not.  Assuming it was the waiter, when in reality, all of us, can be a carrier, and not know it.  It could have been at the gas station, mini market, baggage handler, or anyone in any of the pubs you sat next to

31 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

well, the poster, always had a mask, used sanitizer all over the place, and never got off the ship, and got Covid, but others, like myself, live without a mask, use soap and water when needed, and never get it.  It is unfortunate, but a virus will not care, if you take precautions or not.  Assuming it was the waiter, when in reality, all of us, can be a carrier, and not know it.  It could have been at the gas station, mini market, baggage handler, or anyone in any of the pubs you sat next to

Likelihood of a gas station, mini market or baggage handler are much slimmer -- the contact is limited in duration, and in some of those, typically outdoors. The waiter is a very plausible scenario -- the OP being unmasked at the dinner table, repeated interactions, indoor space. Someone in a pub is also plausible, but less likely given the testing pre-cruise.

28 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

Likelihood of a gas station, mini market or baggage handler are much slimmer -- the contact is limited in duration, and in some of those, typically outdoors. The waiter is a very plausible scenario -- the OP being unmasked at the dinner table, repeated interactions, indoor space. Someone in a pub is also plausible, but less likely given the testing pre-cruise.

All the employees are tested, and not allowed off the ship, and all the adults are vaccinated, and tested also, so the waiter is no more possible, than any other person.  It could have been anyone on the ship, or off the ship, or in transit.  It does not need to be in a situation, that a person did not have a mask on.  My only point, is that it's all a false safety net, that we assume will protect a person, when in fact, it does not.  The air you breath, will find the path of less resistance, which is all the gaps in a mask.  So the employee, not allowed off the ship, and gets tested several times a week, is the least likely suspect, unless they got it from another guest, and passed it on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

All the employees are tested, and not allowed off the ship, and all the adults are vaccinated, and tested also, so the waiter is no more possible, than any other person.  It could have been anyone on the ship, or off the ship, or in transit.  It does not need to be in a situation, that a person did not have a mask on.  My only point, is that it's all a false safety net, that we assume will protect a person, when in fact, it does not.  The air you breath, will find the path of less resistance, which is all the gaps in a mask.  So the employee, not allowed off the ship, and gets tested several times a week, is the least likely suspect, unless they got it from another guest, and passed it on.

Are the staff tested several times a week? I have not seen that and it seemed to be less frequent than that...which is why the employee does become a more likely scenario. And the most likely scenario given that the OP said the waiter was sick.

Could it have been somewhere else? Sure. Likelihood is the waiter, though.

And masks, correct, are designed to protect people from the person wearing...not protect the person wearing it. And correct, they are not foolproof. But there is more than enough data out there to prove they are more effective than not masking.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:46 AM, WindinmySails said:

Breakthrough cases are not unusual.  I had one as well on land.  Fortunately, it typically doesn't last as long as if you weren't vaccinated.  Feel better and kudos to you for taking responsibility to warn others to look for symptoms.  It happens, just the world we are living in today.

Very true, breakthrough cases are not unusual but they are far more unusual than breakthrough cases of flu for those who've been flu vaxed - that vax is never more than about 50-60% effective (all depends on the strains chosen for that year's vaccine). We're all going to have to learn to live with this - if there was ever a chance to get rid of it entirely (and there probably was not), that ship has sailed...so to speak....

I hope you feel better, OP, and my thanks also for stepping up.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, xtremegk said:

Are the staff tested several times a week? I have not seen that and it seemed to be less frequent than that...which is why the employee does become a more likely scenario. And the most likely scenario given that the OP said the waiter was sick.

Could it have been somewhere else? Sure. Likelihood is the waiter, though.

And masks, correct, are designed to protect people from the person wearing...not protect the person wearing it. And correct, they are not foolproof. But there is more than enough data out there to prove they are more effective than not masking.

One for those vaxxed with Pfizer or Moderna, and twice per week for those who received J&J. 

I'm curious whether RCL is providing boosters to crew.