Ordering a wine not on the MDR menu

Tatra603

Hi,

Got our first Celebrity cruise booked for March, so had a little look at the drinks menu's.

We both like a sweeter wine, like an Asti or Moscato.

No bar menu's carry an Asti, but a couple of the bar menu's do a Moscato. However, there's no Moscato on the MDR menu.

How are they in the MDR about ordering a wine that isn't on their menu? Are they okay with that?

On our recent cruise with P&O, we had the same scenario and they were very reluctant to serve a wine from a bar or restaurant other than their own, which seemed a bit odd to us.

Can anyone enlighten me as to Celebrity's policy?

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

That’s not quite true.  Tuscan grille featured wines from Sting’s winery.  I enjoyed Roxanne very much but when I tried to order it in the main dining room they said it was only available in Tuscan.

(yes that is Sting the singer)

Does he put a message on his bottles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

That’s not quite true.  Tuscan grille featured wines from Sting’s winery.  I enjoyed Roxanne very much but when I tried to order it in the main dining room they said it was only available in Tuscan.

Don't know about now, but 5 years ago, I enjoyed a nice wine (not Sting's) in Tuscan and later asked if we could get it in Blu although not on the menu - no problem.

We have also been told that some wines from a particular dining room/restaurant are only available in that venue.  A wine from Tuscan was one and a wine from Luminae was another.  
I don’t think it applies to the majority of the wines as most wines are can be served in all venues however not all stocked in each.  We have requested a wine or champagne that the dining room didn’t have but they offered to get it and have it for us the next evening.

8 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

we have never had an issue getting wine from Tuscan in Luminae.  The sommelier was more than happy to get it for us on our August cruise.  He said he would happily bring us any wine we wanted