“LIVE” from Anthem of the Seas - Nov. 28, 2021

Radio

49 minutes ago, Radio said:

And not aware and has never heard of it texting glitch. I know if you do not have a Wi-Fi package, there is a fee for texting per day.

Radio

Several years ago we were able to text without a Voom plan. Then the next year that hole was plugged. Now, people are saying it might/might not work. The following is from CC a few weeks ago. All I had to do is have my phone in airplane mode and connect to ships 𝐖𝐢𝐟𝐢. No plan needed. Just wondered if it was working. 
Just off the Ovation, and friend was able to text with her iphone, both tome on ship, and family on land. She didn’t have a Voom plan.”

2 hours ago, pthjudy said:

Several years ago we were able to text without a Voom plan. Then the next year that hole was plugged. Now, people are saying it might/might not work. The following is from CC a few weeks ago. All I had to do is have my phone in airplane mode and connect to ships 𝐖𝐢𝐟𝐢. No plan needed. Just wondered if it was working. 
Just off the Ovation, and friend was able to text with her iphone, both tome on ship, and family on land. She didn’t have a Voom plan.”

Sorry to be pedantic (I am a network engineer) "texting" does not use WiFi, it's a phone service.  I haven't sailed on RCL before, but some cruise ships offer satellite phone service too.  If so it's billed to your phone bill as international roaming.  Another reason to put your phone in airplane mode and be careful about what you turn on.

3 hours ago, Radio said:

And not aware and has never heard of it texting glitch. 

This only applies if you have an iOS device- if you do, try texting (iMessage) someone on land without being logged into VOOM - only connected via Wi-Fi - it will likely work. 

Interesting.  I was on the Anthem last week and received five or so texts even though I was in airplane mode, with cellular data off, and just using the ship’s free wi-fi.  Wondered how that might happen.  Can’t say anything about sending texts, I would switch on cellular data for that.  

Edited by RalphWiggum

3 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

How are the indoor temperatures? Comfortable, cool/cold, or warm/hot?

I need to decide whether to pack long sleeve shirts for me and an extra sweater or pashmina for DW.

TIA

The indoor temperatures are very comfortable. I wore long sleeve and a jacket the first two days because it was so cold and windy outside. The next 4 days were comfortable. Today it feels good outside. Inside the temps are normal. 

Radio

• Like 1

Yes, Biker.  I was specifically responding the the threads above that previously mentioned that glitch.  I’m new to Royal Carribbean and, of course, had not read this thread posts from today when I received the texts last week and wondered how it happened. 

Edited by RalphWiggum

53 minutes ago, RalphWiggum said:

Interesting.  I was on the Anthem last week and received five or so texts even though I was in airplane mode, with cellular data off, and just using the ship’s free wi-fi.  Wondered how that might happen.  Can’t say anything about sending texts, I would switch on cellular data for that.  

Most likely you could have sent texts too. I did hear that only iPhones have that capability ( if it is available at all.). Turning on cellular would have incurred expense especially while at sea.  Many cruise lines offer free internet. I used to be able to purchase by the minute and by composing and reading offline, it was inexpensive. (I only want email to be in touch with kids). 

6 hours ago, Radio said:

Yes, I tried Egg Pizza this morning. . . It was very good.There was a lot of nutritional content.

FB_IMG_1638622620743.thumb.jpg.070322cf1e800ee39d4373cfffca48df.jpg

I will try this if I see it.  This looks good.  The one with fried eggs might be good but I bet it could get messy.

• Like 2

Thanks.  I only returned texts while on land, so I would turn back cellular data then.  I’ve been cruising a while, just not on RCI.   I will generally keep my phone on airplane mode and also turn off cellular data when I’m on a ship.  So I was very surprised to get texts, and would double check my settings. I booked this cruise two weeks out and didn’t spend much time on the RC boards so didn’t know about the glitch.      Definitely plan on sailing Royal Caribbean again… and soon, so good to know.

Hello everyone, and good day.

Today is the final day for this voyage, and there may be some passengers that are unhappy at embarkation tomorrow morning. I am happily staying onboard, but I am willing to take advantage of this event. I have never done a BTB until this year. For over 75 cruises, I was one of the hundreds of passengers who sadly made my way off of the gangway. This year was unusual because of the price drops on cruising, many sailing prices were lowered. Luckily, I was able to take advantage of that.

Today was a great weather day, with blue skies and moderate winds.(20kts) The temperature rose to 72F, and the sun felt nice. I was planning on Day 6 and Day 7 to be very cold, like it was on Days 1 and 2 heading south.

My test was =Negative=, so that is a good thing, and I will be allowed to sail next week. There are some minor changes in the itinerary next week. We will now go to Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Perfect Day. Same ports but on different days and times.

Here are a few pics from today. Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Towel Folding in Music Hall

PXL_20211204_161340310_MP.thumb.jpg.091ea1ec6b7218d11ec9165cbafb8d72.jpg

Dog House Food Truck exterior on Deck 15

PXL_20211204_164835597_MP.thumb.jpg.633a88242b4191982942b13d0502b137.jpg

FlowRider was busy all day

PXL_20211204_165114750_MP.thumb.jpg.c4a5d19fe7bee8b65bb67abccadb6b5b.jpg

Rip Cord by iFly was also busy all day

PXL_20211204_165256404_MP.thumb.jpg.35dc59971d0578a37f880dcb5fb1c29d.jpg

iFly Entrance

PXL_20211204_165528809_MP.thumb.jpg.65e0bd17b918a3cf6bcf5616fb81c942.jpg

GiGi Giraffe

PXL_20211204_165615452_MP.thumb.jpg.74c866ad05488aa7c4efcfcee112b3f5.jpg

Portside Promenade - Midship

PXL_20211204_185238518_MP.thumb.jpg.7c5147922a627720c3bd930eceb58464.jpg

Portside Forward view

PXL_20211204_185525713_MP.thumb.jpg.4ffc1e75b809c828bb44eb55db832af6.jpg

Mighty Lifeboats

PXL_20211204_185616023_MP.thumb.jpg.d50fc73093c2c15a6f69e3ee9fbe4d58.jpg

Edited by Radio
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Radio said:

The indoor temperatures are very comfortable. I wore long sleeve and a jacket the first two days because it was so cold and windy outside. The next 4 days were comfortable. Today it feels good outside. Inside the temps are normal. 

Radio

👍

DW is pleased to hear that. Breakaway was set on Arctic two months ago.

Edited by CPT Trips
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Radio, what time is Sailaway tomorrow, when you luckily get to do another repeat cruise?

Thank you for once again taking us along!!

Thanks for the nice comments. I believe we leave at 5PM.

• Like 1

What's your opinion on the social distancing and mask wearing this week? I'm on board this week and I'm not pleased.  To me, mask wearing is not being enforced. Royal personal see people without masks and don't say anything. I've been on line a few times at guest service and had passengers breathing down my neck. I guess the six foot markers on the floor don't mean anything to them. These are my observations, please don't flame me for making them.

• Like 3

I know someone asked a different question about omelets earlier in the thread.

Can you get an omelet made at the windjammer for breakfast? Last cruise (Harmony) I was on you had to go to the wipout bar just to get an omelet made. They had scrambled eggs at the windjammer but would not make a fresh omelet there.

Thank you for taking time to answer these questions. I can imagine they take up quite a bit of your time.

Edited by CruiserQ123

Hello everyone and Good Morning. Welcome to DAY 8 of "LIVE" from Anthem of the Seas. (B2B)

We passed under the Verrazano Bridge early morning and arrived at the pier at Cape Liberty around 6AM. Passengers started debarkation around 6:45.

I have to go to the Royal Theater around 8AM. They will do my wellness check, and validate all documents. Around 9AM (or when all passengers are off of the ship) We should be given our new SeaPass Cards. We may receive them in the theater, or possibly receive them in the terminal.

We should be back on the ship by around 9:30 AM. Passengers will begin to board at 11:30AM (This is the suggested time) Then we start this whole thing over again. . . I had a lot of fun for Week One. . . Soon it will be time to start Week 2.

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

The Debarkation Station was ready at Radio Dark30

PXL_20211205_091223627_MP.thumb.jpg.845c131dd59267204a207581c957f95c.jpg

I tried to get Coffee from the Diamond Club, but it was way to early.

PXL_20211205_092319790_MP.thumb.jpg.735b1858ffda1059fe7528d36efac5de.jpg

The Windjammer Marketplace opens at 6AM

PXL_20211205_091037245_MP.thumb.jpg.3ec193d865d85a74d5ed297f878edf8c.jpg

We can see New York City

PXL_20211205_104645901.thumb.jpg.af6dd59aeffbc7bb4fb989fe8052232d.jpg

We are getting close now

PXL_20211205_105937348.thumb.jpg.aacfa04c35090766a9e574f8994978f9.jpg

Anthem of the Seas approaches the pier slowly

PXL_20211205_110628511.thumb.jpg.2d07c023559c919878d632be117519da.jpg

Edited by Radio
  • Like 8