“LIVE” from Anthem of the Seas - Nov. 28, 2021

Radio

4 hours ago, mets123 said:

It's no longer formal night, it's dress your best or something like that. Just wear what you like. You'll see a range from shorts and t shirts to tuxes.

I saw compass still calls it formal night.  Dh bought a new tux this year for our cruises and I have my sparkly dresses to wear.  We love to dress up for formal nights.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone, and Welcome to DAY 3 of "LIVE" from Anthem of the Seas.

I went to the Headliner Showtime last night starring Pete Matthews in the Royal Theater.
This was a wonderful comedy gem. The tricks were pretty good too. This is how Royal Caribbean describes his act:
"With his infectious enthusiasm, rapid fire wit and highly skilled juggling, Pete will absolutely change your opinion of jugglers"
You shouldn't miss this show.

We are currently off of the coast of Jacksonville, Florida. The temperature is 65°. When we arrive at Port Canaveral by 2:00 p.m. the temperature should be up to about 75°.

We are scheduled to dock today at CT-1. This is the cruise terminal that was built specifically for Royal Caribbean. It is within walking distance of several restaurants and Jetty Park.
There are only three excursions available for this port. However, passengers have the ability to rent a car, secure an Uber or Lyft, or take a taxi to anywhere in the area.

There is a good chance that I may go over to Grills Seafood and Tiki Bar, which is right next to the Passenger Terminal. There is a marine supply store there also. 

When Royal Caribbean used to arrive at this port at 7:00 a.m., I often went over to Kennedy Space Center for the day. KSC closes at 5:00 so there isn't enough time to make it worthwhile.

Here are a few pics. . . Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Very early Good Morning from Royal Caribbean TV

The Pete Matthews Show was very good.

PXL_20211207_013220629_MP.thumb.jpg.c4ce2784cf185a06990e67196d0d5456.jpg

Pete Matthews is a great entertainer

PXL_20211207_014017452_MP.thumb.jpg.103be0db48d36e8862d03ceabe1ca7dc.jpg

Port Canaveral Cruise Terminals

970750168_PC1(1).thumb.png.411245fde5e8bf344efac311f9627266.png

Excursions for today

Screenshot_20211207-055250.thumb.png.ad97301f811fa95d48d449cf2a9c8d4e.png

The day is starting to look very good

PXL_20211207_125640188_MP.thumb.jpg.c6bee2ffcf9d5a98b5ad4925f09408ef.jpg

I love the blue skies

PXL_20211207_125752621_MP.thumb.jpg.f7c32c0f3cc78bbc951240e5868c43bd.jpg

Itinerary

1887006120_Screenshot2021-11-25030404.png.278fa8c256e5edb5f59e3f943272a8a9.png

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been on the Anthem when it's been sold out and it is busy ship.  I have to admit I was hoping for more like 2900 or less for our january sailings but the 11 and 12 night sailings we have booked are always popular sailings to various islands.

We booked the January 9th cruise in a balcony while we were on the Oasis in October.  At that time there were only a handful of balconies left.  By the time we got home they were gone.

• Like 1

@Lionesss
Effy Bag:

I don't know what treasures Radio's bag had. Mine were full of small trinket packages that would make a little girl very happy. And lots of tissue paper!!! So I gave the trinkets to every little girl that crossed my path. Excitement and bright smiles that ensued was worth it!😁

Before they used to contain glittery key chain pens, panther key chains and some other fru fru stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I have found that the menus in the app tend to reflect the current sailing of the ship in question rather than sailings farther ahead. For example, I have a 12-night sailing on Anthem out of the UK next summer and on those sailings there is always a daily pie and curry option. Those are both missing at the moment as well as the venue being closed on the later days, like yours.

Agree.   But we sail in 3 weeks on the Jewel.   

49 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Great review.

Always enjoyed a Radio Live thread.

So, curious minds want to know.

What was in the Effy bag that you won.

Stay safe.

Eight assorted Jewelry pieces, and a couple of savings coupons

Radio

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Lionesss
Effy Bag:

I don't know what treasures Radio's bag had. Mine were full of small trinket packages that would make a little girl very happy. And lots of tissue paper!!! So I gave the trinkets to every little girl that crossed my path. Excitement and bright smiles that ensued was worth it!😁

Before they used to contain glittery key chain pens, panther key chains and some other fru fru stuff.

That's exactly what my gift bag was. My 2 daughters may like them. . .

Radio

Edited by Radio
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grandma1951 said:

Another question I have is there a fee for room service now? I am from the time when the only fee was the gratuity you handed the person that delivered your order.  Thanks for info. 

Yes, $7.95 per cabin except for Breakfast. Unless you have the Key or are in a Sky Class or above suite.

This is across the Royal Caribbean fleet. Not just this ship. 

Edited by Radio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Agree.   But we sail in 3 weeks on the Jewel.   

Yup, I've experienced it close in too. Before the shutdown we were on an 8-night cruise that alternated with a 6-night itinerary. Even during the week immediately before our cruise, the menus were for the 6 night cruise. That said, the menus on the 8-night cruises before ours turned out to be accurate for ours too.

The Captain just announced that we would be arriving late to Port Canaveral. He suggested that we would be alongside by 4PM.

All excursions have been cancelled and passengers will see the refund on their SeaPass card.

Radio

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Radio said:

The Captain just announced that we would be arriving late to Port Canaveral. He suggested that we would be alongside by 4PM.

All excursions have been cancelled and passengers will see the refund on their SeaPass card.

Radio

Uh Oh.....he did that on our cruise too. Then announced we were not going to port Canaveral because of winds. My thoroughly disappointed family who drove down to visit us from Orlando and have a quick pre Thanksgiving lunch at FishLips was in tears. But what can one do. Winds will be winds!
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Radio (and Matt)

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I saw compass still calls it formal night.  Dh bought a new tux this year for our cruises and I have my sparkly dresses to wear.  We love to dress up for formal nights.

I hate that they dumbed down to shorts in the MDR fir dinner. How hard is it to put on a pair of Dockers. I read where a guy was allowed in for dinner wearing a tank top 😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I hate that they dumbed down to shorts in the MDR fir dinner. How hard is it to put on a pair of Dockers. I read where a guy was allowed in for dinner wearing a tank top 😳

that is horrible to hear they allowed a tank top into the MDR for dinner.      Breakfast okay - but Not dinner.    Shorts okay for breakfast but not dinner either.     dockers or even cargo pants would be fine, IMO 🤩

• Like 1