“LIVE” from Anthem of the Seas - Nov. 28, 2021

Radio

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great pictures, matt1

All courtesy of PTZtv. There’s a great assortment of Live cams (which I’ve been glued to all day), and we’ll be able to watch ANTHEM pull into Port Canaveral (Tuesday) and Nassau (Thursday) before returning again next Sunday.

Port Canaveral 

https://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Nassau

https://www.portnassauwebcam.com

https://www.paradiseislandcam.com

😁

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, allisonb22 said:

what app do you use to track the ship's location? i've tried a few but haven't found one that i really liked.

CruiseMapper and MarineTraffic have both been working well. . . 

Radio

Edited by Radio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Radio said:
What in the? Who in the? What kind of a?

Today is a good day to Cruise to the Bahamas on Anthem of the Seas . . .

Radio

577897443_Screenshot_20211128-041957(1).thumb.png.dbce8c6af33ddb37a4701f5ccfa47563.png

I live in South Florida and weather looks great this next week. Enjoy it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Radio said:

There was not much of a line to get into the terminal (maybe 10 passengers).  A port rep asked me when my scheduled appointment was, and I said it was at 1:30. He suggested that I get in this line and I walked right into the terminal. 

The security process was very easy, and then I checked in. It only took about 5 to 10 minutes for check in. The time between parking my car and boarding the ship took only about 20 minutes.

How does the capacity on board seem?  i know they're ramping up somewhat but curious if you think the reduction in passengers is enough to explain the quick boarding or do you think it's more a matter of them being that well organized?  I'm expecting to have a more hectic experience if they've got more folks sailing by the time my cruise rolls around in March.

26 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

How does the capacity on board seem?  i know they're ramping up somewhat but curious if you think the reduction in passengers is enough to explain the quick boarding or do you think it's more a matter of them being that well organized?  I'm expecting to have a more hectic experience if they've got more folks sailing by the time my cruise rolls around in March.

I will find out real numbers tomorrow. . . I have been hearing 40-50-60% to capacity. I will try to speak to someone that knows.

Radio

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

Just got off the anthem was very disappointed will write a review soon. Entertainment was not very good at all I know they’re just getting back to sailing but the entertainment was not up to pare. Food was ok

Wow another not so good review of Anthem of the Seas, not good.

Love seeing the pictures and following along.  Thanks for posting the compass.....and good to see it back.  Heard that they stopped printing them for the last cruise.  One thing that I've noticed watching the Anthem cruises is the headliners seem permanent.  i.e. Beatles seems more like a regular production show, and it even looks like the same comedian (and probably some Jersey Boy type show later in the week).  Guessing that's a covid thing so they aren't bringing performers on and off the ship with each cruise.

Hope you're having a wonderful time so far.

3 hours ago, soremekun said:

@Radio How do you get virtually perfect scans of the Cruise Compass?

The Adobe Scan App for your phone also works very well.  It automatically straightens, crops, adjusts brightness, contrast, etc.

Adobe Scan, PDF Scanner app for iPhone & Android | Adobe Acrobat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Love seeing the pictures and following along.  Thanks for posting the compass.....and good to see it back.  Heard that they stopped printing them for the last cruise.  One thing that I've noticed watching the Anthem cruises is the headliners seem permanent.  i.e. Beatles seems more like a regular production show, and it even looks like the same comedian (and probably some Jersey Boy type show later in the week).  Guessing that's a covid thing so they aren't bringing performers on and off the ship with each cruise.

Hope you're having a wonderful time so far.

That was explained during the post-Covid version of the entertainment tour on the Mariner last month.  The performers have to quarantine for two weeks every time they get on a different ship, so they are staying longer to make it worthwhile.  They said they tried (or considered) categorizing the performers as guests, but then they were limited to two weeks on board.

• Like 4