How to Count to Two for Covid Test

FlaMariner

I'm struggling with this requirement....

produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 2 days of their embarkation. 

So if my cruise leaves at 4pm on Saturday, I can get my test on Thursday (anytime) or Friday? Or do I need to get my test at/after 4pm on Thursday?

2 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I'm struggling with this requirement....

produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within 2 days of their embarkation. 

So if my cruise leaves at 4pm on Saturday, I can get my test on Thursday (anytime) or Friday? Or do I need to get my test at/after 4pm on Thursday?

You can be tested anytime Thursday or Friday.

• Like 2

If Pressed - You can also take it the morning of your Cruise:

I would not wait that long - but if push comes to shove - sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do...

You just have to have the test results in hand (Paper or electronic) when you embark: In my experience: It is the very first thing they check, (along with your passport/papers and boarding pass).

Some discussions on people arriving with "proof" they took the test - but do not have the results yet - but that is treading a thin, thin line - don't want to go there if you can at all help it. Various results have been reported (Variance by cruise line, even ships within a cruise line, acceptable "Proof" provided). I have read of some Cruise Lines advising people where they can go locally to get a Rapid Test, or in some cases sitting them down and doing the test (for a liminal consideration), and in others - showing them the Building Exit.

13 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Not going to pay for a Covid test......

We've got free testing in Florida from our county health department so just need to make sure I schedule it online at a time that will allow me to get on the 'dam ship....

I submitted the eMed receipt to my HMO and was reimbursed for the full amount...even tax and shipping.

I was wondering if you did the home tests if you got reimbursed. DH and I also live in FL and get our free testing done at the county health dept.'s special location. Went this morning for our Wed. Rotterdam sailing and the results were emailed to us within 30 minutes. Printed out the results and we are ready to sail!

We were contemplating going to a CVS for our tests, but after reading this thread, I looked into our local health department and they are providing free tests. Was thinking it would be good to get one as a backup for the CVS test, but the results are only available via text. I'm thinking a text result won't be sufficient for HAL, but does anyone have any experience with providing a text as a test result? (Either way, we will have the CVS result, but was curious.)

7 hours ago, Djptcp said:

I was wondering if you did the home tests if you got reimbursed. DH and I also live in FL and get our free testing done at the county health dept.'s special location. Went this morning for our Wed. Rotterdam sailing and the results were emailed to us within 30 minutes. Printed out the results and we are ready to sail!

gotta love the free state of Florida....Enjoy the Rotterdam....tell Matt and Sydney at the Billboard Onboard pianos that we said hello!

7 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Given the amount of time and money usually invested in a cruise, I would not let payment for the rest get in my way but that’s just me.

FREE is always my first choice......and FREE for testing is EASY in Florida....So FREE for us.