Current Cruise Director (CD) List, starting 12-2021

DELTABLUE

Hi,

It is always nice when you get back von board a ship and some of the staff are familiar to you, such as waiters and bar staff and entertainment staff too, all of which can move from ship to ship, so you never know when you book who will be on your ship.

I know some people who booked cruises just because of the CD and then the CD was replaced for whatever reason and they were upset. I would never book for that reason, but each to their own.

Anyway, I can name some great CDs in no order, but Clo O'Conner, well she must be up there as one of the best CDs, Eric Lopez is climbing up the ladder too. Bill Brunkhorst was always engaging, and who can forget Graham Seymour who has sadly retired I believe. Gordon Whatman had a great singing voice. There were so many CDs who really made the cruise even greater. Then Covid came and after the restart CDs seemed to keep their distance. Not sure if they were told to in order to avoid isolation, so I cannot comment on recent cruises as it may not be their fault.

As stated, if you want to really meat your CD, then you can take part in activities which they may be hosting such as the belly flop, the Quest, Love and marriage, Battle of the sexes. And if you are a C&A member who is invited to a special event, then you may find them there at the door to chat to upon entry. Thats where I normally speak to them and some of them really have a good memory about our past cruises together.

Mick.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Shouldn't that be 3-24?  

I met her on Monday.  She seems very nice, and has a lot of experience filling in on MANY ships.

I just took Michelle at her word, she said she was taking over on the 23rd.

image.png.0c69c7f9eb7fc0e18130ff586f8386cc.png

We just got off the Icon.  The cruise director was mostly absent and didn't impact our cruise- He had a few assistants who did trivia and other activities-  

We will be on the Symphony in August- noticed Elvis is the cruise director.  Will he be on in August?  Is he good?  Not sure if we ever had him on another ship.

Edited by Cruise a holic

30 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We just got off the Icon.  The cruise director was mostly absent and didn't impact our cruise- He had a few assistants who did trivia and other activities-  

We will be on the Symphony in August- noticed Elvis is the cruise director.  Will he be on in August?  Is he good?  Not sure if we ever had him on another ship.

The CD on Icon is a good director.  A lot of entertainment stuff is still under development and it must be taking much of his time.  That's why Icon is the first ship to have an (official) Assistant Cruise Director. She told me a ship of Icon's size needed to have one.

Just curious, did you go to the shows and events usually hosted by the cruise director?

41 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I sailed with Elvis on Rhapsody in 2017 and he was tremendous fun, very engaging.  He does very energetic Zumba classes!! 

52 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

The CD on Icon is a good director.  A lot of entertainment stuff is still under development and it must be taking much of his time.  That's why Icon is the first ship to have an (official) Assistant Cruise Director. She told me a ship of Icon's size needed to have one.

Just curious, did you go to the shows and events usually hosted by the cruise director?

We saw wizard of oz , the water show, comedians and ice skating show.  Our favorites were the wizard of oz and comedians.  Others were ok.  If the cruise director introduced the shows, he wasn’t memorable.  Only events we participated in were the trivia events. Problem with the water show was horrible bleacher uncomfortable seats.  We left early

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We saw wizard of oz , the water show, comedians and ice skating show.  Our favorites were the wizard of oz and comedians.  Others were ok.  If the cruise director introduced the shows, he wasn’t memorable.  Only events we participated in were the trivia events. Problem with the water show was horrible bleacher uncomfortable seats.  We left early

I don't know if this was a change implemented on Icon, but I noticed that the shows were not introduced on the maiden voyage.  The Wizard of Oz had a 5-minute "prologue" where a Dorothy-ish character was reading a book in her room with so many Oz easter eggs.

One night, Mike S hosted 3-4 game shows one after the other, the last one being the Crazy Quest, at Absolute Zero.  It was called "Cruise Director's Night."

He hosted the Balloon Drop, the Veterans Tribute, and the One Hit Wonders party. 

Posted (edited)

ADVENTURE: Dan Whitney 1-2024 #1240

ALLURE: Mark Rous as of 3-23-24 #1290      

ANTHEM: Katie Knowles as of 11-26-23 #1189, Michelle Oliveira as of 3-24-24 #1331

BRILLIANCE: John Grantham as of 3-19-24 #1307

ENCHANTMENT: Rob McNally as of 3-9-24 #1298 

EXPLORER: Aysy Sadrislamova as of 11-25-23 #1169

FREEDOM: Caroline Peters as of 3-1-246, #1297, Marc Walker 9/8-12/01/24 #1215

GRANDEUR: Bill Brunkhorst as of 11-24-23 #1182, John Blair as of 2-5-24 #1254

HARMONY: Steve Knisley as of 12-31-23 #1209, Cory Rogers as of 4-7-24 #1219

ICON: Mike Szwajkowsk until 4-20-24 #1262

INDEPENDENCE: Mario Isla as of 3-13-24 #1346,  #1023, Marc Walker 7/13-9/7/24 #1215

JEWEL: Renato Arana as of 12-16-23 #1185

LIBERTY:  Danny Turner 1-26-24 #1242 until 5-23-24  then back 7-13/11-13-24, #1283

MARINER: Marc Walker 2/17-5/13 (inc Star Trek & 80s cruise) #1295, Bobby Broughton as of 5-5/8-10-24 and October thru January #1360

NAVIGATOR: Tom Hopkins as of 3-10-24 #1315

OASIS: Eric Rodas as of 1-28-24 #1253

ODYSSEY: Jamie Fentiman 3-10-24 #1278, Ricky Matthews 5-4/6-30-24 #1235, 11-17-24/1-16-25 #1273

OVATION: Mike Hunnerup on 12-12-23 #1114, Brian Leavitt 4-3/6-7-24 #1323

QUANTUM:  Tornado Tanya as of 1-19-24 #1240 

RADIANCE: Marvin Wilson as of 1-20-24 for a few months #1246, Brian Leavitt 6-14/8-2-24 #1323

RHAPSODY:  Mickey Martin as of 3-16-24 #1338

SERENADE: Joff Eaton as of 11-21-23 #1171/leaving 4-7-27 back 6-6-24, Ultimate World Cruise #1292,  Michele Scarpato  to cover vacation #1317

SPECTRUM: Bonnie Bai as of 2-12-24 #1284

SYMPHONY: Elvis Pinto as of 3-9-24 #1304

UTOPIA: Ricky Matthews 8-9/10-25-24 #1273

VISION: Bal Gabor as of 3-15-24 #1328

VOYAGER: Kat Falcon as of 3-4-24, #1311

WONDER: Ricky Matthews 1-28/3-24-24 #1235, Ken Jones 3-24-24 #1281

NEW BUILDS: Bobby Brown #1055

*NEW INFO

Edited by DELTABLUE

On 3/21/2024 at 6:41 AM, PG_Cruiser said:

I just took Michelle at her word, she said she was taking over on the 23rd.

image.png.0c69c7f9eb7fc0e18130ff586f8386cc.png

Tonight is the 23rd.  Katie still is the Cruise Director.  Michelle will take over tomorrow.

😄 😄 😄

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Tonight is the 23rd.  Katie still is the Cruise Director.  Michelle will take over tomorrow.

😄 😄 😄

This reminds me of a song I heard when I was little:

"What a difference a day makes
24 little hours"

😄 😄 😄 

10 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Just got off Jewel. The cruise director was Daniel somebody. I never heard his last name mentioned. I believe he is British.

If this were Daniel Turner, who is from the UK, who is on Liberty?

1 hour ago, PG_Cruiser said:

If this were Daniel Turner, who is from the UK, who is on Liberty?

The list of current CDs shows Danny Turner on Liberty. I don't know if it matters but the CD on Jewel was Daniel. Never once did I hear him called Danny. It could be the same person but it might not be.

27 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The list of current CDs shows Danny Turner on Liberty. I don't know if it matters but the CD on Jewel was Daniel. Never once did I hear him called Danny. It could be the same person but it might not be.

I've been looking into this since you posted about it. I've reached out to both Renato Arana (Jewel) and Daniel Turner (Liberty) and I'm waiting for their replies.

10 hours ago, PG_Cruiser said:

Someone in a Jewel FB group said the CD was Michael. (Last name wasn't given)

I don't do Facebook so I have no idea what this person said. I do know that I just got off the ship 4 days ago and the CD at that time was Daniel.

8 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't do Facebook so I have no idea what this person said. I do know that I just got off the ship 4 days ago and the CD at that time was Daniel.

Was it this Daniel? (I'm still solving this mystery of the Jewel CD)

IMG_2761.thumb.jpeg.14b1d691c27a782c8fbfc828a077aef9.jpeg

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Yes, that looks like him.

I just tried looking in the app to see if it says who some of the crew are i.e. Captain, Cruise Director etc. I can't find any of that info in the app.

On 3/21/2024 at 7:34 AM, Cruise a holic said:

We had Elvis as an Activities director on Jewel before his first CD job.  Seems personable and active. I do see a lot of his social media posts. He loves doing Zoomba in the Promenade!