FIrst time getting a drink package, any insider tips I should know about?

mary_228

15 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

Good to know.  My husband is the king of the remote control...of course, I think all men are!

If you get a mini suite, you get two TVs, so you can have your own remote control !

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Of course they have a count but I was wondering if the number was readable using my app. I wouldn't have to keep asking the server/bartender to keep me updated. 

According to posts on other threads, the info is not available via the app. If you want to know, you need to ask a bartender.

8 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

On our October cruise we ordered drinks from the cabin quite a bit, like daily, those & everything else we ordered to the cabin arrived in less than 10 minutes. Even specialty coffee in the AM!

Hopefully service will continue to be as prompt once ships sail at full capacity again.

• Like 1

This will be our first time having a drink package (the standard one) and we aren't sure how this works.  Do you get a card they stamp every time you get a drink?  How many alcoholic drinks and how many non-alcoholic drinks are allowed?  We are booked on the Celerity Apex.  Thank you for helping us sort this out.

30 minutes ago, judla said:

This will be our first time having a drink package (the standard one) and we aren't sure how this works.  Do you get a card they stamp every time you get a drink?  How many alcoholic drinks and how many non-alcoholic drinks are allowed?  We are booked on the Celerity Apex.  Thank you for helping us sort this out.

Since this is a Princess forum you might have a long wait for an answer.

38 minutes ago, judla said:

There is no punch card or anything with Celebrity.  You simply use your Seapass card when ordering drinks - it's indicated on the card which Beverage package you have - which in your case appears to be the Classic package.  Celebrity also does not impose a firm limit on number of drinks like Princess does.  Have fun - Apex is a gorgeous ship!

On 1/13/2022 at 12:09 PM, MissP22 said:

Of course they have a count but I was wondering if the number was readable using my app. I wouldn't have to keep asking the server/bartender to keep me updated. 

YepI realize that.  I'm just saying I don't think the drink order is logged on your app if you order it at the bar like it is if you order it through the app.  Certainly seems it wouldn't be that hard for them to do, but I don't think they've gotten that far with the app yet.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:05 AM, wowzz said:

Surely, if you walk up to a bar you still have to give your room number, or present your medallion,  and then all the information comes up on the server's screen ? 

Yes you do.  When you go back and check your order history on your app though it will only show drinks ordered through the app.  Not the ones you ordered at the bar in person.  To know your count you'd have to ask the bartender.

Edited by PMGS247

On 1/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, yamanid said:

Are you sure about this (that you only pay the difference) ?

T&C used to say you pay the full price if over $12, however bars have been charging just the difference for a long time. I guess they finally changed the T&C to say just pay the difference.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 5:33 PM, wowzz said:

When you are in your cabin, you can order drinks via your TV, so no need to use the app.

I thought I read that if you order drinks to your cabin, order only via the Medallion or you will be charged the typical room service price?

On 1/13/2022 at 8:49 AM, MissP22 said:

Well if they can use the medallion to track everyone on the ship and who they've been in contact with just keeping track of how many drinks a person had doesn't seem to asking to much. 

If not we'll just keep asking every time we order drinks. 

I guess if you can easily keep track of your drinks on the Medallion, Princess would be afraid you'd keep drinking until you reach 15. Seems purposeful.

My experience on the Majestic with the drink package. By the end of the cruise most of the crew would recognize me and already knew I had the drink package and didn't even end up ringing anything up at all. But of course that was with only 900 people aboard. YMMV

17 minutes ago, crawford said:

I guess if you can easily keep track of your drinks on the Medallion, Princess would be afraid you'd keep drinking until you reach 15. Seems purposeful.

Either way I'll take it to the max even if I have to try different drinks I throw out because I didn't like them. 

2 hours ago, crawford said:

I thought I read that if you order drinks to your cabin, order only via the Medallion or you will be charged the typical room service price?

The Medallion is used when you are not in your cabin.

We were on Sky in November and ordered various drinks in our cabin via the TV, and there was no extra charge.We had the PP package.

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The Medallion is used when you are not in your cabin.

We were on Sky in November and ordered various drinks in our cabin via the TV, and there was no extra charge.We had the PP package.

So ordering on the TV is not the same as room service? Just trying to understand. Thanks.

8 hours ago, crawford said:

So ordering on the TV is not the same as room service? Just trying to understand. Thanks.

Well, you are ordering drinks (and food as well if you want) via the TV, and they are delivered to your room. I would call that room service. 

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, you are ordering drinks (and food as well if you want) via the TV, and they are delivered to your room. I would call that room service. 

Reason I brought it up was because in another thread, a person cautioned that you would be charged for drinks if you ordered directly via room service.