Children 5 and older must be vaccinated.

bajathree

7 minutes ago, Oville said:

If you need a booster to cruise.  If not now, when?

Currently not required but if you are  eligible I would just get it to protect yourself and possibly eliminate a rush should Celebrity require it.    I  had mine 2 months ago and glad I did.

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Currently not required but if you are  eligible I would just get it to protect yourself and possibly eliminate a rush should Celebrity require it.    I  had mine 2 months ago and glad I did.

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes, I too had my back in early October but I’m surprised the cruise lines haven’t set a date for requiring one.  Breakthrough cases are not uncommon, think Provincetown, Ma after July 4th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, isdoo said:

This is not showing on the FAQ page now.

How do I calculate which days I may take my pre-cruise COVID-19 test? Vaccinated guests must take their pre-cruise test no more than 2 days before boarding. Unvaccinated children (11 and under) must take their pre-cruise test no more than 3 days before boarding and cannot take their pre-cruise test on boarding day. Effective February 1, 2022 all guests 5 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated, at that time unvaccinated children between the ages of two and four years old will be required to bring a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. The CDC has advised unvaccinated guests cannot be tested twice in one day as i

56 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

How do I calculate which days I may take my pre-cruise COVID-19 test? Vaccinated guests must take their pre-cruise test no more than 2 days before boarding. Unvaccinated children (11 and under) must take their pre-cruise test no more than 3 days before boarding and cannot take their pre-cruise test on boarding day. Effective February 1, 2022 all guests 5 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated, at that time unvaccinated children between the ages of two and four years old will be required to bring a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within three days of boarding. The CDC has advised unvaccinated guests cannot be tested twice in one day as i

Vaccinated guests must take their pre-cruise test no more than 2 days before boarding. Unvaccinated children (11 and under) must take their pre-cruise test no more than 3 days before boarding and cannot take their pre-cruise test on boarding day.  The CDC has advised unvaccinated guests cannot be tested twice in one day as it may affect the accuracy of the test results. As we will be testing all unvaccinated children at the terminal, pre-cruise testing for children 11 years of age and under must occur within the three days before embarkation day.

When calculating which days you can take your test, be aware that the day you set sail is not counted as one of the days.

How to calculate which days to take your test:

• Vaccinated guests: You must take your test no more than 2 days before embarkation.  Therefore, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Thursday or Friday. You may also take it on Saturday morning if necessary — however, we don't recommend waiting until the last minute.
  • Unvaccinated children ages 2 to 11: You must take the test no more than 3 days before embarkation. If you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday — but not Saturday. Unvaccinated guests cannot take their test on boarding day.

Is what is being shown to me in the UK.

12 hours ago, glmacruise said:

Cancelled all future cruises. Pretty sure other vacation places will take 15k in vacation spending money without as many hoops to jump through. Your already required to test before you go on. How ridiculous.

And you don't think any land vacation places aren't imposing the same protocol?? 
Inserting eye roll!🙄

• Like 2

13 hours ago, glmacruise said:

Cancelled all future cruises. Pretty sure other vacation places will take 15k in vacation spending money without as many hoops to jump through. Your already required to test before you go on. How ridiculous.

I wouldn't be so sure.  I find cruising happens to have the easiest protocols for travel if you are a US Citizen and embarking from a US Port unless you want to to go Mexico (you do need a test to come back after you've been around all the infections in MX and a planeload of people not tested to get there 😁) .  All you need is to be vaccinated and a negative test for a cruise.  They accept the Antigen.  No need for a return test if you reside in the US.  

We went to St Lucia and needed to document where we were staying, how long, flight info, vaxx cards, and you need a PCR Test and it couldn't be the Rapid PCR either.  We were not allowed to leave the resort except on an organized tour.  Masks required.  We needed to download all this before flying and needed authorization from the St Lucia government in order to fly.  No authorization no fly.  We also needed a covid test to fly home.  

Barbados was worse.  We needed to have a second test on arrival and had to quarantine until that test came back.  Barbados you couldn't use CVS, Walgreens or even the telehealth tests.  Someone had to actually swab you and no Rapid PCR either.  Same other protocols as ST Lucia above.   

• Like 2

14 hours ago, glmacruise said:

So now they can turn around and sell your cabin for more than you paid 😆

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, paulh84 said:

No surprise. If they don't make the age adjustment to the rules and other cruiselines do, then Celebrity becomes a magnet for unvaccinated kids which most Celebrity passengers would not want. 

"Unvaccinated kids" do you realize how that sounds? Kids have NEVER been forced to get a flu shot, this virus, variants etc are getting ridiculous. There has always been variants, every year, that's why new flu shots come out every winter. This new one Omicron, scramble the words and it spells moronic, think about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I realize many families will have difficulty with this, especially those that are not American.  I feel for them, however for the minority to have their trip disrupted to keep the majority healthy - it is the right thing to do.

I am vaxed and boostered by my choice, I would not like to think of my young grandchildren being given this vax when we know that their natural immune system works well in the vast majority of the cases.  However they should not then be traveling with others that they could potentially infect.  

Cruising is very much in flux at this time and most likely for the foreseeable future.  I support freedom of choice but if you choose not to vaccinate your children, this is the time for alternative vacation choices.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RenoNanaOz said:

"Unvaccinated kids" do you realize how that sounds? Kids have NEVER been forced to get a flu shot, this virus, variants etc are getting ridiculous. There has always been variants, every year, that's why new flu shots come out every winter. This new one Omicron, scramble the words and it spells moronic, think about it.

Thank you for sharing. 

3 hours ago, bajathree said:

I have searched Celebrity's site and can't find anything updated saying this new policy anywhere either.

3 hours ago, isdoo said:

Vaccinated guests must take their pre-cruise test no more than 2 days before boarding. Unvaccinated children (11 and under) must take their pre-cruise test no more than 3 days before boarding and cannot take their pre-cruise test on boarding day.  The CDC has advised unvaccinated guests cannot be tested twice in one day as it may affect the accuracy of the test results. As we will be testing all unvaccinated children at the terminal, pre-cruise testing for children 11 years of age and under must occur within the three days before embarkation day.

When calculating which days you can take your test, be aware that the day you set sail is not counted as one of the days.

How to calculate which days to take your test:

• Vaccinated guests: You must take your test no more than 2 days before embarkation.  Therefore, if you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Thursday or Friday. You may also take it on Saturday morning if necessary — however, we don't recommend waiting until the last minute.
  • Unvaccinated children ages 2 to 11: You must take the test no more than 3 days before embarkation. If you are setting sail on a Saturday, you can take your test on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday — but not Saturday. Unvaccinated guests cannot take their test on boarding day.

Is what is being shown to me in the UK.

OK....found it

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Really upset by this decision as we are booked along with my Daughter and her family to go at the end of March 2022. We lost our Son in July this year and this cruise was meant to be a time for us all to be together and make new memories, unfortunately the uk don’t vaccinate children under 12 which means our 9 year old grandson won’t be allowed to sail. I appreciate what Celebrity are trying to do in keeping everyone safe but feel that for those children who are unable to get a jab through no fault of their own then negative tests prior to boarding and re testing throughout the cruise should suffice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kentlady said:

Really upset by this decision as we are booked along with my Daughter and her family to go at the end of March 2022. We lost our Son in July this year and this cruise was meant to be a time for us all to be together and make new memories, unfortunately the uk don’t vaccinate children under 12 which means our 9 year old grandson won’t be allowed to sail. I appreciate what Celebrity are trying to do in keeping everyone safe but feel that for those children who are unable to get a jab through no fault of their own then negative tests prior to boarding and re testing throughout the cruise should suffice.

Very sorry for your loss, my prayers for you and your family.  I hope this will work out for all of you.  Best!!

43 minutes ago, kentlady said:

... I appreciate what Celebrity are trying to do in keeping everyone safe but feel that for those children who are unable to get a jab through no fault of their own then negative tests prior to boarding and re testing throughout the cruise should suffice.

Speaking only for myself, I'm glad Celebrity lowered the age requirement for vaccinated cruisers.  I don't care how old the person is or why they can't be vaccinated. We've all been making sacrifices since early 2019 in our lives and hopefully some of them will start paying off. We are totally vaccinated including the booster and not paranoid. We wear masks only where required. If we are able to cruise and the unvaccinated can't (no matter their age, medical condition(s) or excuse(s) so be it. If I sound selfish, I make no apologies for that. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Yes, please, let's all scramble "the words" & think about it lol 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1