Royal's ships 2023/24

On 1/23/2024 at 3:15 PM, arxcards said:

Worth a shot, but I really don't know. What I have realised that together with Big Gav, we have ...

Alas Smith and Jones

So that is his email address. Not as responsive as BIG GAV though.

What kind a handle are going to put on Tim ? Tiny Tim ? no there must be something better.

The Quantum cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu  October 2024 has disappeared from the website. 
After this Quantum was supposed to run non revenue to Singapore for dry dock.

In November 2023 a port booking appeared in Hong Kong for Quantum 23 October 2024. 

18 minutes ago, springaussie said:

The Quantum cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu  October 2024 has disappeared from the website. 
After this Quantum was supposed to run non revenue to Singapore for dry dock.

In November 2023 a port booking appeared in Hong Kong for Quantum 23 October 2024. 

The October Quantum cruise has been cancelled according to people on RC thread who got notified by email.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, springaussie said:

Ovation of the Seas Trans Pacific has been officially cancelled April 2025 Sydney to Honolulu. 

May i ask were you see that information my sailing is still active on Ovation April 12 2025 to Honolulu

It likelyhood, your cruise will not be cancelled, but you will be moved over from Ovation to Quantum to do pretty much the same itinerary. There is currently no transpacific itineraries for April/May 2025 on Royal's site - taken down while this is being worked through. They need to resolve the Quantum itineraries first before they can move anyone over to Quantum

She is a Loyal Royal employee and can't really detail future plans for Ovation until those with affected bookings have been notified, which includes extra time for it to filter to them via travel agents. Hawaii could have been part of their plans  for a West Coast to Hawaii run at the time it was listed.

On 2/1/2024 at 3:44 PM, resordanis said:

So what direction do you think? I could be interested!

There is now a port booking for Ovation in Darwin April 10th 2025, and a booking for Quantum in Sydney 8th April 2025, so Quantum to Hawaii and looks like Ovation to Asia.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

There is now a port booking for Ovation in Darwin April 10th 2025, and a booking for Quantum in Sydney 8th April 2025, so Quantum to Hawaii and looks like Ovation to Asia.

I doubt it would be China,their economy is pretty bad.

Singapore ?

Japan , possibly?

Home ported in Honolulu ,could be ?

I still think Ovation is going to Ravenna Italy , Royal Caribbean has just spent a fortune building a new cruise terminal and they will have to increase capacity to pay for it.

22 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I doubt it would be China,their economy is pretty bad.

Singapore ?

Japan , possibly?

Home ported in Honolulu ,could be ?

I still think Ovation is going to Ravenna Italy , Royal Caribbean has just spent a fortune building a new cruise terminal and they will have to increase capacity to pay for it.

Not sure where Chilli, just noticed the Port bookings tonight.

Quantum will come from Brisbane to Sydney then pacific crossing.

Looks like Ovation will go from Sydney and will take one of Quantums Brisbane bookings, strange though as it's an overnighter then head north.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

She is a Loyal Royal employee and can't really detail future plans for Ovation until those with affected bookings have been notified, which includes extra time for it to filter to them via travel agents. Hawaii could have been part of their plans  for a West Coast to Hawaii run at the time it was listed.

She is the head of marketing for Royal Caribbean so how credible is that.

Hawaii is probably a smokescreen for something.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

@springaussie  Have you heard any rumours about Allure ?

It’s going in for a major refit,almost 2 months.  I heard a rumour it’s getting converted to run on duel fuel and might be coming here .

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Allure-of-the-Seas-refurbishment

Chilli Remember Vicki put this out thru the Crown and Anchor Society on Facebook 28 May 2023.

Plus I have mentioned it a few times since. 

Get in, we’re going global. 🌎

image.thumb.png.f411db9dd69d83ba3bd8fb294b5337c9.png

Edited by springaussie

8 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli Remember Vicki put this out thru the Crown and Anchor Society on Facebook 28 May 2023.

Plus I have mentioned it a few times since. 

Get in, we’re going global. 🌎

image.thumb.png.f411db9dd69d83ba3bd8fb294b5337c9.png

A mate works in the fuel industry and mentioned it to me that he heard something.

Apparently we will have marine methanol available soon.

Just a rumour but they will have to convert some of the newer ships and scrap the older ones.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

Looks like the Pacific/Hawaii Ovation cruises have been officially cancelled, including the South Pacific one 3rd April 2025 prior to the repositioning, which lines up with the Darwin booking for Ovation on the 10th April, giving 7 days to get there.

Anyone for a cruise to Singapore??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beatleman said:

The new word is Voyager to Brissie if the can drain her of seawater lol, Anthem to Sydney. Can you check that out with BIG GAV Chilli, seems plausible as they can't fill Quantum in Brisbane.

He keeps blocking me .

It’s looking that way ,voyager and Anthem but if Quantum goes to L.A where does that leave Navigator?

Navigator would be better that Voyager ,Navigator has been Californicated with some nice bars.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

He keeps blocking me .

It’s looking that way ,voyager and Anthem but if Quantum goes to L.A where does that leave Navigator?

Navigator would be better that Voyager ,Navigator has been Californicated with some nice bars.

There still a port booking for Voyager in Darwin for 7th Dec 2025, first port booking for Voyager in Brisbane is 13th Dec 2025.

I think whatever ports in Sydney will come from the US, it's still marked  "unknown" and over the years they usually do that for an announcement/new ship. (new to us) or maybe they don't know yet haha!

I'll be happy with a Voyager class in Brissy or Sydney, looking for an Asia repositioning late 2025.

I remember we thought Navigator was coming years ago, think we ended up with Explorer and Voyager, same same!!

• Like 1