Royal's ships 2023/24

27 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

There still a port booking for Voyager in Darwin for 7th Dec 2025, first port booking for Voyager in Brisbane is 13th Dec 2025.

I think whatever ports in Sydney will come from the US, it's still marked  "unknown" and over the years they usually do that for an announcement/new ship. (new to us) or maybe they don't know yet haha!

I'll be happy with a Voyager class in Brissy or Sydney, looking for an Asia repositioning late 2025.

I remember we thought Navigator was coming years ago, think we ended up with Explorer and Voyager, same same!!

Yep same girl different name.

I’m looking forward to some repositioning,Ovation to Singapore and on to whatever.

Voyager from Rome or even Navigator for Los Angeles.

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Yep same girl different name.

I’m looking forward to some repositioning,Ovation to Singapore and on to whatever.

Voyager from Rome or even Navigator for Los Angeles.

Yes, see what we get!!

4 hours ago, cheznandy said:

There still a port booking for Voyager in Darwin for 7th Dec 2025, first port booking for Voyager in Brisbane is 13th Dec 2025.

I think whatever ports in Sydney will come from the US, it's still marked  "unknown" and over the years they usually do that for an announcement/new ship. (new to us) or maybe they don't know yet haha!

I'll be happy with a Voyager class in Brissy or Sydney, looking for an Asia repositioning late 2025.

I remember we thought Navigator was coming years ago, think we ended up with Explorer and Voyager, same same!!

I think you can lock in Voyager. The cruise schedule bookings can be a bit loose with place markers and TBA's, but the operation pages have specific bookings. Nothing showing for Brisbane last time I checked, but Voyage had confirmed bookings for Airlie Beach, Yorkeys and Port Douglas.

I get the same same stuff, but we didn't enjoy much about Voyager and loved Explorer. Similarly, we hated Pacific Jewel and enjoyed Pacific Dawn. 

We received our email cancelation last night for Ovation transpacific so we called and they had already automatically booked us on Quantum. Be careful because they charged us a lot more money. We asked for an email confirmation while still on the phone and noticed the higher price. A supervisor is working on putting the price back to our original price. We have not received the corrected invoice yet but they said they would honor the original price and are working on it but make sure you check the price because it was automatically the higher price 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There’s a couple of reports getting around,one on the blog ,the others on fb.

At a captains corner on Independence of the sea ,the Captain said if you want to experience Sydney harbour bridge at sail away. You had better do it soon because Royal Caribbean won’t be doing it anymore.

What that means, I’m not quite sure . It could be a move to another port like Port Kembla or Port Botany ???.

Some of those Captains corners can be non factual but there was an article before the pandemic Royal was looking at port Kembla.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/port-kembla-port-5085

Edited by Chiliburn

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s a couple of reports getting around,one on the blog ,the others on fb.

At a captains corner on Independence of the sea ,the Captain said if you want to experience Sydney harbour bridge at sail away. You had better do it soon because Royal Caribbean won’t be doing it anymore.

What that means, I’m not quite sure . It could be a move to another port like Port Kembla or Port Botany ???.

Some of those Captains corners can be non factual but there was an article before the pandemic Royal was looking at port Kembla.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/port-kembla-port-5085

Drumming up business for Next Cruise?  
But seriously, successive NSW governments have failed to plan and now there is no viable solution.  I think sales would fall badly if they were to home port in Kembla. 

• Like 2

Home porting at Port Kembla, horrid, nice views of the steelworks and associated pollution from heavy industries, believe me I worked the Illawarra region for 4 years, no wonder I have lung issues.

If they wanted to change things up and bring out an Oasis class ship with dedicated facilities in Port Kembla cruising to a Perfect Day at Lelepa, those comments would be in context. Otherwise, they will be shooting themselves in the foot to withdraw from the most popular port in Australia.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Home porting at Port Kembla, horrid, nice views of the steelworks and associated pollution from heavy industries, believe me I worked the Illawarra region for 4 years, no wonder I have lung issues.

Lung issues could be from cougar smoke.

image.gif.bd15dd1f5425eedd2abbbc58f49aa5bb.gif

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Rumours are Anthem is going to L.A.  now and not Sydney.

Sydney port has taken it down for 25-26 season.

So it will be Rumour of the Seas to Sydney and the Speculation of the Seas to Brisbane…..so where does the Supposition go ? oh thats right …Port Kembla . 

I kind of have a little inside info ( which I am not prepared  to share at present)  but thanks for all the entertainment  and humour this is providing.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 4:31 PM, springaussie said:

Chilli I doubt Brisbane will disappear as a Royal Home Port.

I seen an interesting article on the blog today about is Lelepa really going to happen.

It’s  hard to see how Lelepa will survive with only 2 ships in Oz over the Summer

What happens to NZ and Oz cruises?

To me it’s looking more likely Carnival Companies and Sir Richard will use it also

If it  takes off. 

I cant see the attraction, with free access to Australia's beautiful public beaches. 

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

So it will be Rumour of the Seas to Sydney and the Speculation of the Seas to Brisbane…..so where does the Supposition go ? oh thats right …Port Kembla . 

I kind of have a little inside info ( which I am not prepared  to share at present)  but thanks for all the entertainment  and humour this is providing.

So how trusty is your source. Cause nothing like posting i know something but not going to tell you.

12 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

So how trusty is your source. Cause nothing like posting i know something but not going to tell you.

If you YouTube it there’s a couple of videos,one is Harr travels.

Nothing reliable just rumours .

It would be good if my best mate @gbenjo would spill the beans.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Far more reliable than " someone" on Facebook or some some other "gossip" site.

As you may or may not know, I work for a company that is contracted by Royal and I am not about to betray them with something that was told to me in confidence, just to prove that I know more than anybody else....and it would spoil the amusement I am getting from reading  all the speculation.😘

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Sorry, that is  not about to happen any time soon.......and what if I told you and then Royal change their plans ..I would look as "ill informed" as everybody else.

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Wow best mate, when did this occur?? 😛🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, gbenjo said:

Sorry, that is  not about to happen any time soon.......and what if I told you and then Royal change their plans ..I would look as "ill informed" as everybody else.

What about a hint Graham, is the hull blue , it’s pointy at one end a blunt at the other?

17 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What about a hint Graham, is the hull blue , it’s pointy at one end a blunt at the other?

OK .... a hint.................Its name will end in.........      "of the Seas."

• Haha 5

43 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Far more reliable than " someone" on Facebook or some some other "gossip" site.

As you may or may not know, I work for a company that is contracted by Royal and I am not about to betray them with something that was told to me in confidence, just to prove that I know more than anybody else....and it would spoil the amusement I am getting from reading  all the speculation.😘

I understand not breaching confidentaliality. I just wouldnt be bragging on a website that you know insider information and then not prepared to divilge it. No one really wants to hear that if your not going to spill the beans.  😄 

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I understand not breaching confidentaliality. I just wouldnt be bragging on a website that you know insider information and then not prepared to divilge it. No one really wants to hear that if your not going to spill the beans.  😄 

I would hardly call it bragging, just making a comment and having a bit of a tease with info that is at least credible. As I said, it could all change and then I would be cruising on the Assumption of the Seas like everybody else. 

• Like 2