San Juan Port to Airport

We have cruised out of San Juan many times, it's our favorite departure port. Speaking from experience I can tell you that if you are one of the first off the ship, you can make a 10:00 flight with no problem. I would feel better with a 10:30 or 11:00 but if 10:00 was my best option, I would go for it. Do self-debarkation so you are off the ship early and you should be able to make it. 

• Thanks 1

Last time there after many flight changes with AA we ended up with a 9:45am flight time.

With help from the concierge we were actually the "first" off....into a taxi and at SJU through the agriculture check, checked in our luggage and at the gate in plenty of time. We usually would never book anything earlier than 10:30am.

We have a 10:56am booked return flight next March 2022 and won't hesitate to ask for help again if we think we might need it...will play it by ear once onboard.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

With help from the concierge we were actually the "first" off....into a taxi and at SJU through the agriculture check, checked in our luggage and at the gate in plenty of time. We usually would never book anything earlier than 10:30am.

We have a 10:56am booked return flight next March 2022 and won't hesitate to ask for help again if we think we might need it...will play it by ear once onboard.

Sadly, not everyone has the help of a concierge.

12 noon seems reasonable to me.

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

Sadly, not everyone has the help of a concierge.

12 noon seems reasonable to me.

Not always true...just ask at guest services you might be surprised at the lengths they will go to help you.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Getting off the ship and to the airport is fast. It's the airport itself that can back up, especially at the luggage ag check station or if you're flying Spirit

I have found if you get to the airport before 10:00 or so, the lines are not long at all. If you get there after12:00, the wait could be a couple hours to get through AG check and security.

23 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have found if you get to the airport before 10:00 or so, the lines are not long at all. If you get there after12:00, the wait could be a couple hours to get through AG check and security.

Wow. I don't think I have ever flown out of SJU on anything other than a 6-7am flight (other than once when I had to take a last minute SJU-MAD flight later in the evening), and it's always dead that early in the morning. A couple hours sounds painful!