Future Cruise Deposits

Travelmadoldie

34 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Yes.  Bought some on my last cruise (11/22) on the Ruby.  Easy peasy using the Medallion app on board.  Charged to your onboard account.  Showed up later that day in my cruise personalizer.

is that new - charged to on board account ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

is that new - charged to on board account ?

Sorry, not sure what you are asking exactly (pretty new Princess cruiser, just got platinum on our last cruise).  I’m not sure how it was handled pre-Medallion.  The cost of the FCD were charged to the credit card we had on account.  At the end of cruise, my emailed receipt included all on board purchases including the FCDs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Sorry, not sure what you are asking exactly (pretty new Princess cruiser, just got platinum on our last cruise).  I’m not sure how it was handled pre-Medallion.  The cost of the FCD were charged to the credit card we had on account.  At the end of cruise, my emailed receipt included all on board purchases including the FCDs.

thanks - yes, to the credit card on file - same as before - which means it could not be offset by any on board credit you may have had for the cruise in your on board account

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, BoopTennis said:

I have some FCD’s that will expire Feb 2022. We were not able to cruise past 2 years due to COVID. Will Princess still do an automatic refund after they expire or do i need to request? Have the expiration rules changed? Thx

Auto-refund.  You may call and ask for an extension.  Or write Customer Relations before they expire.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, seattlecruiser said:

Has anyone been able to buy a Future Cruise Deposit and apply it to a future cruise that has already been booked?

The only way this is possible is if you cancel and rebook.  A good TA will have no problem with doing it for you but you can't apply it after the fact.  And ... you will pay the going rate at the time to rebook it.  It may be less or may be more.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BoopTennis said:

I have some FCD’s that will expire Feb 2022. We were not able to cruise past 2 years due to COVID. Will Princess still do an automatic refund after they expire or do i need to request? Have the expiration rules changed? Thx

Just also check your Cruise Personalizer. Princess was pushing out the expiry dates of FCD's, so check your account and see if the book by date has been changed.

• Thanks 1