Moon FLL to FLL

zqtchas

8 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

IMHO, nothing was "disrupted".  Cross-referencing and cross-pollination are good.  It helps me keep up.

Except when people pose questions directed to someone not on this cruise.   It confuses issues.   If that works for you great!  If it doesn't work for the OP that's not so great! 

• Like 1

zqtchas (and anyone else on this voyage), if possible could you comment on the tours you've been on (and doing) and if they are worthwhile. Also are you bubble tours only? I note from the email received a few days ago, which list countries that are SS bubble only and surprised that every country was listed as fine to DIY and not need to book through SS. Under normal circumstances I think I'd be pleased with this as I definitely prefer to do my own thing, but I'm not convinced that in the current climate its wise for all to do this. (It only takes one guest to mix with a positive case and it all comes crashing down like a deck of cards.

Edited by les37b

Today 51 people left. 204 on board. Service is supposed to be 2 to 1 but it didn’t seem that way in the Atlantide tonight.

The special tonight there was Wiener schnitzel and it was the best I’ve had in ages.

It was served in a straight forward fashion, without all the mix-mash vegetables .

The creamed peas and carrots, the Geman potato salad were also well prepared IMHO.

We went on the monkey tour. It took 15” on the tender, an hour on the mini bus, 15”

fast time in the boat to spend an hour put-putting around some islands inside the canal

zone to see 3 different kinds on monkeys, some more iguanas and a few assorted 

birds. No Tucans, you have to be early or late for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Desserts:

Last night the rum cake was very good. 
I’m not a fruit and berry dessert person and this  cruise has has not disappointed.

There have been many delightful chocolate treats. Although I haven’t seen nut or coconut involved. But then I can’t be everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Silver  Note:

My unprofessional opinion based on my very bad hearing after only one occasion is;

they sound like they are singing karaoke.

Maybe by now you can guess we are on a sea day with fewer

people on the internet!

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Love the lineup of the bats. And then there is the one bat on the left who fell out of formation!😎

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Every family has one 😉

And as the saying goes, if you don't know who it is in your family, it's probably you!

Those bats are cute. From a distance. 

• Haha 1

Big wine shipment expected in Quayaquil.

Plenty of Tiki.

Have never had to use iguide so far. FYI , it does use a lot of juice.

Had another water tour today. Saw lots of dolphins and a 

mother humpback whale with baby. Tough getting quality pictures.

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mysty said:

@zqtchas from your experiences in Moon dining, which venue seems to strike your fancy?

Only one, the Alantide because:

1- Due to a food allergy it is easier to have one waiter who knows your wants and needs.

2- We cruise to not have to cook our own food. We don’t need lessons to cook.

3- The SALT menu sounds like the menu from ethnic restaurants back home, have                
    plenty.

4- We are not adventurous eaters.

From past experiences we feel that the La Dame is not worth the extra because we don’t eat as much as we used to and are quite happy with the above.

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just had a delivery. I knew the Silver Boxes were a thing of the past, but not heard anyone mention this little surprise that turned up this morning. A rather nice notebook!

Is this the new "Silver Box" Did you guys get this too?

pixlr-bg-result.thumb.png.d2416fe66080fb5d5b72aa04a24146af.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Just had a delivery. I knew the Silver Boxes were a thing of the past, but not heard anyone mention this little surprise that turned up this morning. A rather nice notebook!

Is this the new "Silver Box" Did you guys get this too?

pixlr-bg-result.thumb.png.d2416fe66080fb5d5b72aa04a24146af.png

Not us!