Repricing question

zitsky

Prior to final payment, refaring the cruise is pretty straightforward.  Think of it in terms of making a new booking the day you change.  So if the price goes down, but the perks aren't as good, you'll get the lower price, but give up the better perks.  Also, the particular category of room your booked has to be available, if you want to reprice and keep the room you have.  For example, lets say you've selected room #5678, because that's your lucky number, and it's a 1B veranda.  If you look in four months and there are no 1B verandas, but 1A and 1C verandas are less than you've booked for, the only way you can change is to move to another category.  However, if there's any 1B available, you can book at the lower price, and keep your cabin. 

Harris

Denver, CO

46 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Prior to final payment, refaring the cruise is pretty straightforward.  Think of it in terms of making a new booking the day you change.  So if the price goes down, but the perks aren't as good, you'll get the lower price, but give up the better perks.  Also, the particular category of room your booked has to be available, if you want to reprice and keep the room you have.  For example, lets say you've selected room #5678, because that's your lucky number, and it's a 1B veranda.  If you look in four months and there are no 1B verandas, but 1A and 1C verandas are less than you've booked for, the only way you can change is to move to another category.  However, if there's any 1B available, you can book at the lower price, and keep your cabin. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Actually the category doesn't have to be available. I just did this last week with the current sale. Only insides show available when you try booking, but they had the ability to refare any storeroom category.

That must be something new.  I have repriced many times but have never been able to reprice a booking on a sold out category.  Tried as recently as 3 weeks ago as all verandas  categories had  dropped in price.  We are booked in a SV and were told no since there were no SVs available there was no price to compare to.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That must be something new.  I have repriced many times but have never been able to reprice a booking on a sold out category.  Tried as recently as 3 weeks ago as all verandas  categories had  dropped in price.  We are booked in a SV and were told no since there were no SVs available there was no price to compare to.

We've found it possible several times lately. 

Most recent example: Oct 31, 2022 TA Barcelona > Florida on Reflection

Had already booked it.  No RS cabins (in fact, no suites at all) available when the 20% sale hit.

Repriced at -20%.

Not sure how our TA is managing it, but it's happening for us.

It seems pretty hit or miss being able to reprice sold out categories.  I too was able to do it once lately but then have since been denied.   It somehow seems that CVP's are able to do this easier than TA's but my TA was able to fight for it on one of my sailings after many on our roll call had been successful.   In that case the TA had no ability to see the current pricing on his systems.

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

@omeinv says you may lose the cabin you booked when repricing.  That's not good.  Is that what the rest of you have seen?

Only if there are no other cabins on the same category, and apparently some have had success even in that circumstance. 

Harris

Denver, CO

1 hour ago, sdnich said:

We had two cruises booked one got repriced  50% off second guest and the other my TA said he was told he could not because SS were sold out .Very interesting that some people were able to!

When the time comes, I'm sure that my **35** Celebrity points will make a big difference in getting my cruise repriced.  My TA says she's never worked with someone at my level before.  I think she is pretty intimidated by my status.

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

When the time comes, I'm sure that my **35** Celebrity points will make a big difference in getting my cruise repriced.  My TA says she's never worked with someone at my level before.  I think she is pretty intimidated by my status.

Aren’t we all…

• Haha 1

This info applies to the US only as different countries have different policies. In Australia it counts as a cancellation and rebooking and you lose the deposit already paid. We did it when the price dropped by $1250 per person for one of our trips. We lost the $800 deposit but were still $450 better off. Most of the time the savings are not enough to warrant a change