What is the best bar on Meraviglia?

dznymom

I had such a wonderful time on Divina in October that I am sailing on the Meraviglia tomorrow!  I absolutely loved the Garden Bar on Divina, and I am hoping there is a bar with a similar vibe on the Meraviglia.  The bartenders were really engaging and took pride in their craft, employing a bit of flair bartending when there was time, but always taking the time to interact with everyone at the bar.  Ideally I will plant myself on a barstool tomorrow afternoon, and start the fun right away!

• Like 1

Thank you!  

Horizon Bar sounds perfect.  I can hardly wait and will tell them Hello from Phissy?

I will also find the Edge Bar for a classy before dinner drink 🥂

Edited by dznymom
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, dznymom said:

Thank you!  

Horizon Bar sounds perfect.  I can hardly wait and will tell them Hello from Phissy?

Well this is our first ever drink package so this is very good advice! Look for two senior ladies who don’t know much about drinking but are anxious to try some cool drinks!  If anyone has recommendations I’ll be happy to sample them!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ddlb said:

Well this is our first ever drink package so this is very good advice! Look for two senior ladies who don’t know much about drinking but are anxious to try some cool drinks!  If anyone has recommendations I’ll be happy to sample them!

I will be the solo senior female that has a quite bit of experience when it comes to adult beverages 😁  The bartenders will help you make choices depending on your personal taste.  SO many choices, so little time haha

• Like 1

We have sailed Mera and all the bars are good.  Certainly you must search and locate them all.  

There are many for different moods, music, dancing or sunsetting. We generally avoid the pool bars as too noisy, but often have quick service after the crowds.  Several have live music, dancing forward on the galleria, and jazz trio up higher a bit aft of midships.  But no guarantees, we sailed pre-covid.

19 hours ago, dznymom said:

Thank you!  

You can tell them Hi from Pat, ( lady with grey hair) from the CruiseCritic group.

Thanks!🙏

Edited by phissy

I was on Meraviglia over Thanksgiving and really enjoyed the Meraviglia Bar.  Drinks and service were excellent.  Horizon was also good.  Never tried Edge or the bar in the lobby area. The Pub made some pretty good drinks also.

I'll be on Divina in January for the first time and will definitely try the Garden Bar.

3 hours ago, greenhouse6 said:

really enjoyed the Meraviglia Bar.

As did I.  Always enjoyed whatever live music was being provided.

On 12/5/2021 at 4:01 AM, neptuno said:

Certainly you must search and locate them all.  

Locate them all is something that I did not accomplish during a 7 day cruise.

On 12/4/2021 at 10:49 AM, phissy said:

Horizon Bar. Deck 18 Aft

Great views of wake

This is probably the most significant bar that I would have enjoyed if I had found it.  Being a Yacht Club guest, I was so far "forward" and it was so far "aft", there were too many other watering holes to patronize.  

On 12/5/2021 at 4:01 AM, neptuno said:

We generally avoid the pool bars as too noisy, but often have quick service after the crowds. 

The mid-ship's Pool Bar (the one where there is the big screen and the stage where the games are played) was a favorite of mine on Meraviglia.  The bartenders made the best Bloody Marys!  While they were certainly busy, they were friendly as well.  And, a seat at the bar was a great place to people watch!!!

Edited by rkacruiser
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, greenhouse6 said:

I was on Meraviglia over Thanksgiving and really enjoyed the Meraviglia Bar.  Drinks and service were excellent.  Horizon was also good.  Never tried Edge or the bar in the lobby area. The Pub made some pretty good drinks also.

I'll be on Divina in January for the first time and will definitely try the Garden Bar.

The Edge was empty for us but staff so happy to see us.  Plus great views. 

Garden Bar always seemed lively but it is smoking section.