Sunset Verandas

beachfanatic

Cannot speak to the overhang, but there is a difference in width of the veranda. I do not think it means a bigger cabin but other things like service closets or equipment space. I found comments confirming that in the S-class cabin thread. The widest appears to be the fourth in from the starboard side. The second and seventh from starboard appear to be slightly wider.  Here is a YouTube link of Solstice sail away that has clear view of aft cabins. The ones with more white exterior wall are the wider verandas. I recently changed a booking to the wider one. Note, cabin numbers do not seem to be consistent between S-class ships, so count the cabins on the deck plan to confirm cabin number. 

2 hours ago, Sphynxlady said:

Could someone please tell me what deck the SV has an overhang for some shade on S class ship? Best cabin numbers? Thanks so very much!

None of the aft staterooms have overhangs.  The amount of shade is dependent on the direction the ship is facing relevant to the sun.

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Here is our aft facing corner balcony at 1000 am while transiting from Cozumel to Nassau.

You can see the slight overhang, about 18-inches deep but nothing appreciable. 

AB6497C8-050E-4D79-893F-EAF11FE80C0C.jpeg

B99A1753-BD39-4F8A-9D8C-975324A54B55.jpeg

The Corner old S1 above you has a more significant overhang, which was always are favorite S1 on the Solstice Class ships. We love the shade, porthole, and extra side view.

Are all the Solstice Class previous corner S1’s now called SV’s?  Are there also SV’s that are not on the corners?

Keep  enjoying your cruise.

No, they are suites not Sunset Veranda’s.  

The corner suite on deck 12 may have more of an overhang but it’s directly under the outdoor seating for the Ocean View Cafe.  

As best I can determine, the SV’s have the same overhang as we did. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

No, they are suites not Sunset Veranda’s.  

The corner suite on deck 12 may have more of an overhang but it’s directly under the outdoor seating for the Ocean View Cafe.  

As best I can determine, the SV’s have the same overhang as we did. 

True about the OVC.  Some of the new terms confuse me.  Is you current category S1 or Sunset Suite?

Thanks

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

It is an S1 Suite. 

Thanks.  Somewhat confusing, I believe Celebrity is converted your particular cabin to a Sunset Sky Suite category starting with sailings in the spring of 2023.  It always be our favorite Sky Suite category on the Aft corners.

On 12/8/2021 at 6:28 AM, kayakcove said:

Cannot speak to the overhang, but there is a difference in width of the veranda. I do not think it means a bigger cabin but other things like service closets or equipment space. I found comments confirming that in the S-class cabin thread. The widest appears to be the fourth in from the starboard side. The second and seventh from starboard appear to be slightly wider.  Here is a YouTube link of Solstice sail away that has clear view of aft cabins. The ones with more white exterior wall are the wider verandas. I recently changed a booking to the wider one. Note, cabin numbers do not seem to be consistent between S-class ships, so count the cabins on the deck plan to confirm cabin number. 

Thanks for posting that -- very nice video.

• 7 months later...