New MDR Menus?

MarkWiltonM

18 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Based on your experience, this Steward needs a good bit more training before he is ready for the MDR.  

Re:  the Menu's description of the "vegetarian" dish.  This may be due to a misunderstanding of the English language by whomever wrote the menu.  I have experienced similar situations in the past.  

I'm pretty sure that the menu is written by corporate, so I don't see how it's a misunderstanding of the English language. I can see that it could have been on the vegetarian menu in the past without the Bolognese sauce, and presumably could have been ordered without it to make it vegetarian. But the menu did not have any of those options that you often see on restaurant menus.

The server had the fruit crisp variety on a piece of paper in his pocket and was looking for it, but I told him that it didn't matter, I wanted it anyway. Maybe the person who told him that there were two varieties was the person who was wrong. Either way, it was delicious with peach and blackberries, other than the seeds.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

Either way, it was delicious with peach and blackberries, other than the seeds.

I appreciate your reply.  The dessert sounds good to me except for the Blackberries and their seeds.  Like the taste of the berry, but my digestive system doesn't like the seeds!  

On 12/11/2021 at 10:31 PM, MisterBill99 said:

Oh, and in other news from tonight's MDR, they listed Arancini Bolognese (rice balls) with the vegetarian symbol. Given that Bolognese sauce by definition has meat in it, we asked how it was vegetarian. The waiter said that the there was only a small amount of meat sauce.

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Re:  the Menu's description of the "vegetarian" dish.  This may be due to a misunderstanding of the English language by whomever wrote the menu.  I have experienced similar situations in the past.  

So Bolognese is an English word now?  😆

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

halfacts does not contain any links to the Crew News site. Hal Facts only uses information submitted to that site and as he mentioned, Crew News does not provide any information to Hal Facts

Yes, I mixed them up, my bad. FWIW, I use both a lot. Both are great resources. And I almost met Roger in April 2020 but covid happened so maybe someday. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ