NCL Changed Amenities on Joy Suites

vacation44

34 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I just rechecked and mine is still showing up a total of $185.  Maybe since it was a price adjustment from our original booking a few weeks ago, the old rate stayed.   I am foolishly hoping they re-instate the old included amenities one day.

Any booking made through 3/30 pays the old rate as long as they pre-pay it before the cruise. If not pre-paid then the prevailing rate is in effect on the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

I just called NCL to book on Joy Penthouse Suite (SC) and asked for a list of perks/amenities that come with the room. The agent read directly off their website. ( I will attach screen shot) I mentioned some people are saying the are not getting the special lunch and dinner.  The agent, essentially had no additional data to find out specifically about the Joy. When I asked if I can get a guarantee in writing that this list would be honored, the agent was not sure if that was possible. I did not book and will wait for more clarification on this ship. Poor marketing info on their end.  IF Anyone recently was on NCL JOY in this category SC, can you PLEASE, share your experience?

20DDDA21-E00C-405F-B22C-00E19ED284EC.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 8:59 AM, vayka said:

I just called NCL to book on Joy Penthouse Suite (SC) and asked for a list of perks/amenities that come with the room. The agent read directly off their website. ( I will attach screen shot) I mentioned some people are saying the are not getting the special lunch and dinner.  The agent, essentially had no additional data to find out specifically about the Joy. When I asked if I can get a guarantee in writing that this list would be honored, the agent was not sure if that was possible. I did not book and will wait for more clarification on this ship. Poor marketing info on their end.  IF Anyone recently was on NCL JOY in this category SC, can you PLEASE, share your experience?

20DDDA21-E00C-405F-B22C-00E19ED284EC.png

I too would love to hear about recent users.  There is a Joy thread where the OP is in a Family Suite.  One thing I noticed in that Suites and Penthouses webpage, it doesn't mention the JOY ANYWHERE.  It does mention most of the other ships, but nothing about the Joy.  Looks at the end of each description and is says Available on: <Shipname here>   So, I don't think any of these perks apply to the Joy, as it is it's own special designation.

)

Edited by scooter6139

On 4/30/2022 at 11:59 AM, vayka said:

IF Anyone recently was on NCL JOY in this category SC, can you PLEASE, share your experience?

Do a recent search for SP or SC Joy suites and you will find your answer. 

Definitely read the recent thread cited above.  In short: no butler, no special lunch location(s), no waived room service, no special embarkation line.  You will get a phone number for a concierge to call if you want to use it, your luggage tags will indeed say "priority", you will get a measly snack tray brought to your room on two separate days, all PPV movies are free, the toiletries are more "upscale", and you have a giant fluffy comforter on the bed.

It could be worse, we can be back home at work....but yeah, they need to update their marketing and website.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, JGmf said:

Do a recent search for SP or SC Joy suites and you will find your answer. 

Definitely read the recent thread cited above.  In short: no butler, no special lunch location(s), no waived room service, no special embarkation line.  You will get a phone number for a concierge to call if you want to use it, your luggage tags will indeed say "priority", you will get a measly snack tray brought to your room on two separate days, all PPV movies are free, the toiletries are more "upscale", and you have a giant fluffy comforter on the bed.

It could be worse, we can be back home at work....but yeah, they need to update their marketing and website.

However, there is supposed to be priority embarkation.   For me, that will be the most useful benefit for our upcoming Joy cruise. 

I have e-mailed the VP guest relations e-mail address earlier this week and did get a reply back that these suites are most definitely entitled to priority embarkation.  I promptly replied that has not been the case at the Manhattan terminal.    

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

However, there is supposed to be priority embarkation.   For me, that will be the most useful benefit for our upcoming Joy cruise. 

I have e-mailed the VP guest relations e-mail address earlier this week and did get a reply back that these suites are most definitely entitled to priority embarkation.  I promptly replied that has not been the case at the Manhattan terminal.    

Last two cruises I purchased that Upgrade for Priority and other stuff, but mainly wanted the line quickening aspect and the 2 hot breakfast items in the breakfast menu.  Don't see that as an option anymore, so hoping the SC/SP category does get it, as I recall the embarkation process last time in LA was a nightmare.

8 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Last two cruises I purchased that Upgrade for Priority and other stuff, but mainly wanted the line quickening aspect and the 2 hot breakfast items in the breakfast menu.  Don't see that as an option anymore, so hoping the SC/SP category does get it, as I recall the embarkation process last time in LA was a nightmare.

I do have it in writing in two different e-mail chains from VP Customer Relations (K. Byrd) that it is an included amenity with the Joy Suites.  It is just so frustrating to me that this benefit is not being acknowledged at the Manhattan pier.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up - anyone sailing soon (not yet cruising) on the Joy in either SP or SC "suites" - please check and advise, confirm whether you still see your (modified/amended ??) included amenities - could well be my browser, but not seeing any reference to them anymore ... at least NOT when I tried a new Joy mock booking, to competitively compare prices against other stateroom combo.  

NCL couldn't possibly eliminated them entirely moving forward, right ??  But, wait a minute, yes - they can and with almost everything else taken off and dropped ... might as well also discontinue priority embarkation or disembarkation, etc. - don't provide bath ropes and slippers.  

By with an optional upcharge, a deluxe upgrade, for your convenience, of course ... Sorry, apologize for the attempted humor. 

Edited by mking8288

7 hours ago, mking8288 said:

NCL couldn't possibly eliminated them entirely moving forward, right ??  But, wait a minute, yes - they can and with almost everything else taken off and dropped ... might as well also discontinue priority embarkation or disembarkation, etc. - don't provide bath ropes and slippers.  

Unfortunately, yes they can.  As the OP, I know first hand what happened to me.   Now, we again have a Joy Suite booked this September and fear they will eliminate priority embarkation.    In my latest e-mail correspondence last week, they acknowledged the issues at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and stated they are taking measures to correct it.  Whatever that means.  

Hope you and your family members are all feeling better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

I posted this in another thread, as it is the PDF complete list of the amenities available for each cabin on the Joy, based on June of 2021.  Does anyone have a new version, as I've seen pictures of one from February of 2022?

Joy Cabin amenities 2021.pdf 58.99 kB · 4 downloads

I do not think I have seen an updated one.

The frustrating part is that when we original booked our February 2022 Joy sailing in November 2021, all of the amenities were included on the website even though they were at that time no longer listed on the PDF list.

As of this date, there are no amenities listed, whatsoever, on NCL's official website under SC and SP "suites" - time stamped/dated PDF list are not necessary going to be honored onboard the Joy, regardless - as far as I am concerned.  Not to mention that the extra annoyance with priority check-in at MCT/Pier 88 in NYC (priority luggage tags were still available and also color luggage tags, although it does NOT say priority on them)

Anyone making a new booking for these staterooms are going to get, nothing, zero, few if not extra perks (I remember the old days, getting both bath robes AND slippers - NCL managed to take away the  disposable slippers ... annoying)  Apparently, it was important to bundle things better for the China/Asian market to make it more appealing, but not for the Americas ... priced accordingly, whatever that meant from onboard (Joy) conversation  ~ 10 days ago.  

Why bother beating a dead horse, IMHO.  We gave it our try, paid for and stay in two SP suites - that's enough.  Cancelled the future ones on the Joy as we are better off staying in a regular balcony and booking another one next door (connecting ones are harder) - depending on the decks, a nearby Inside or Forward Oceanview is fine, even better - get a party of 4 to 5, even 6 adults the extra, 2nd. bathroom ... actually, we can easily jam 3 plus 4 or even 5 for a total of 7 to 8, if 2 of them can climb up and use the upper bunk/drop-down from ceiling pullman to sleep at night.  There will be a balcony to share and use.  Lastly, apply two sets of CruiseNext certificates (up to 4 is possible, if booking balconies at 6 months out or with a valid promotional  offer) - more "free" WiFi minutes than the suite, more Specialty Dining allowance, doubled the Shorex credits, and, of course, 4 Open Bar (UBP) with 2 staterooms.  

The more you think about it, the more these suites do not appeal anymore for some of us and not values-added as a good buy.  Not to mention, as NCLH stock holders - booking 2 staterooms will get us another $100 in NR OBC - $200 instead of $100 for a suite, on a 7 nights itinerary.  If you do these thru a T/A - s/he might match and toss in more OBC.  

I just feel bad for those that booked these a while back, now beyond final payment and caught between the rocks and hard places.  

NCL and Joy's Guest Services - are you paying attention at all ... I helped kick the tin cans back over and the hot potato is on someone's lap. I absolutely understood this is business ... but, don't turn this into a no-win situation, just because you can.  

• 6 months later...

This issue persists.  I am looking at a Penthouse Suite on the Jade.  For the 2 Bed Room Suite, it lists all the suite perks like the breakfast/lunch etc.  For the other suites, it states "Many include Butler and Concierge."  Many?  And not a word about breakfast.

NCL agent on chat said you do get the benefits and linked a page that showed those benefits for certain (non-Haven) ships only, but not the Jade.

6 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

This issue persists.  I am looking at a Penthouse Suite on the Jade.  For the 2 Bed Room Suite, it lists all the suite perks like the breakfast/lunch etc.  For the other suites, it states "Many include Butler and Concierge."  Many?  And not a word about breakfast.

NCL agent on chat said you do get the benefits and linked a page that showed those benefits for certain (non-Haven) ships only, but not the Jade.

So are you saying NCL made the same change to the non Haven Jade suites?

On 12/7/2021 at 9:46 PM, vacation44 said:

This afternoon NCL changed the amenities that came with booking a non Haven Suite without notifying those currently booked.   When I booked my Penthouse Suite with Balcony,  amenities included concierge, butler, priority boarding and breakfast/lunch in LaCucina.   As of this afternoon,  only concierge available for reservations services only (which I already made myself).   So actually now the cabin category below, Club Balcony Suite, includes more amenities, but for $1,100 less.   I am having a hard time processing how they can make such a change without any notice or justification.    When I called and chatted online, I got two completely different answers.   Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

Handle it?  Yeah go on your cruise and have a good time.  Do not CHOOSE to let this change ruin your cruise.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vacation44 said:

So are you saying NCL made the same change to the non Haven Jade suites?

I am trying to figure that out.  When you run through the reservation screens, most suites/haven cabins have a link to a details page that spells out the perks.

Example 1:  2 BR Dlx Family Suite (on Jade).  First image shows link to Details.  Second image shows listed amenities on linked page.  

image.png.54ff1fa65e674df185ea20d74de608e2.png

image.thumb.png.874cc535bf935780fd0e87dae0162638.png

Example 2:  Aft-Facing Penthouse With Balcony (also on Suites Tab).  States "Most" have butler and concierge, and has no like to the amenities.

image.thumb.png.e7257ce60a2e8376ebd0c48cedae7bd9.png

I chatted with NCL again tonight, and the rep says this is category SN and that it does include the perks.  The rep admitted there is nowhere on the web site I can see this for myself.

7 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

I am trying to figure that out.  When you run through the reservation screens, most suites/haven cabins have a link to a details page that spells out the perks.

Example 1:  2 BR Dlx Family Suite (on Jade).  First image shows link to Details.  Second image shows listed amenities on linked page.  

image.png.54ff1fa65e674df185ea20d74de608e2.png

image.thumb.png.874cc535bf935780fd0e87dae0162638.png

Example 2:  Aft-Facing Penthouse With Balcony (also on Suites Tab).  States "Most" have butler and concierge, and has no like to the amenities.

image.thumb.png.e7257ce60a2e8376ebd0c48cedae7bd9.png

I chatted with NCL again tonight, and the rep says this is category SN and that it does include the perks.  The rep admitted there is nowhere on the web site I can see this for myself.

7 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

There is also this page:  Suites & Penthouses | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com) showing perks.  It indicates Penthouses with these perks are available on only 5 ships.  The Jade is not one of them.  

image.png.7e7913e1ef9483f6ac06a66ccb8d73b6.png

Unfortunately,  I think you are onto a new change.  Your findings seem identical to my research when it happened to me last year.  It took a few days for NCL to get NCL on the same page,  but the end result was we lost basically all suite amenities and we received $200 OBC.

So now it seems like going forward, only a few ships will have extra amenities for their suites.  Very disappointing if true.

Edited by vacation44
  • Thanks 1