How do Captains Club points work on a guarantee booking?

cruisestitch

How do  Captains Club points work on a guarantee booking?   I know that if you bid on a higher class state room you only get the points of your original booking.

How does it work with guarantee bookings?  If you book a veranda guarantee, but you end up in a concierge, do you get the points for Verandah or for concierge?

Here’s another question about guarantee state room bookings. If you have a balcony guarantee, but all categories above that are sold out, what happens then?  There are oceanview and interior staterooms showing availability, but no verandahs or Aqua or Concierge or Suites.  How is that handled?

1 minute ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Here’s another question about guarantee state room bookings. If you have a balcony guarantee, but all categories above that are sold out, what happens then?  There are oceanview and interior staterooms showing availability, but no verandahs or Aqua or Concierge or Suites.  How is that handled?

We've learned recently that TAs reserve blocks of cabins early on and then release those they were unable to sell to their prospective clients back to the cruise line, sometime after the final payment due date. So, just because the =X= website says they're sold out doesn't necessarily mean they are. Now, if it's 2-3 weeks before the cruise, that's a different story.

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

You will get a balcony. They won't book balcony guarantees if they won't have any available. if they really don't they have the Royal Up program and someone will buy an upgrade and voila a balcony is available. Have you booked one? On Celebrity unlike some  cruise lines, whenever I booked a guarantee I was assigned a cabin within a week.

You get the points for the category.   Eg.  most are specific to Sky Suite Guarantee or Celebrity Suite Guarantee.   That is the points you get regardless if you get a higher level suite. (which rarely happens with the Upgrade Bidding System). 

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

You will get a balcony. They won't book balcony guarantees if they won't have any available. if they really don't they have the Royal Up program and someone will buy an upgrade and voila a balcony is available. Have you booked one? On Celebrity unlike some  cruise lines, whenever I booked a guarantee I was assigned a cabin within a week.

It has been months (!) and it still shows my booking as verandah guarantee and no rooms available in verandah, aqua, concierge or retreat suites.  I wonder what will happen.  

4 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

It has been months (!) and it still shows my booking as verandah guarantee and no rooms available in verandah, aqua, concierge or retreat suites.  I wonder what will happen.  

How long until you cruise?

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

August, so many months from now but it’s an unusual itinerary.  I suppose it’s possible that some travel agency is holding a block of rooms, but it seems very unlikely

It never fails to amaze me how just before final payment rooms appear by magic! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

August, so many months from now but it’s an unusual itinerary.  I suppose it’s possible that some travel agency is holding a block of rooms, but it seems very unlikely

Something will give before next August for sure. There will be cancelations before final payment is due. Plus ships are not sailing at capacity. 

6 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I think that is the new norm.    I have 3 Sky Suites Guarantees with no room assignment and one Celebrity Suite Guarantee with no room assignment, 

You will get a room in the classification but may be closer to the sail date.    On two of my cruises in September I never did get an assignment but won a upgrade for a very small bid.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:09 PM, vkb2751 said:

You will get points for veranda. Had that happen twice!

Funny thing happened to us on the last cruise. We booked an Oceanview (2 points), upgraded via Move Up to a Veranda (3 points if paying full price) and when boarding we were given an Aqua room instead. I just checked my account and we were given 3 points per night for the cruise. Not sure if it was a mistake but Thanks Celebrity!

• Like 1